OldCoder Skyblock

OldCoder
Administrator

Re: OldCoder Skyblock

by OldCoder » Mon Aug 24, 2015 18:45

programmingchicken wrote:"plz remove 'bucket' limitations, they're useless."

Scroll up. You made this request before and I've already responded. The response is in the third post on this page. Please take further discussion of this issue to IRC.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Mon Aug 31, 2015 07:51

1. First, here are screenshots of narrnika's OldCoder Skyblock dwelling. The house packs five levels into a compact space.

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
World:   OldCoder Skyblock
Name:    narrnika house
Builder: narrnika
Coords:  15962, -13.5, 16133

2. Second, a remark from a player just now that was heartening:

<STAMPYLONGEVA> i went your server of skyblock i love it skyblocks!

3. Third, Vanessa and I are not the only contributors who have felt marginalized. Amaz tells me that he was disappointed in the reaction to his first Pull Request. Others have already left because of how they felt that they were treated.

This project has promise. It's a contender. But all team members need to understand that all team members are important.

LittleCoder used to have a globe like this one. And AdultCoder used Slackware before he did his own Linux distro.

Mind

IRC: Mind
In-game: Mind

by Mind » Tue Aug 30, 2016 18:01

this is something i built here on the server.

both places are connected to the Sky Cities network, so you can teleport using the travelnets.
thanks to OldCoder, i connected some buildings to an unique network, so it is easier for players to travel around the map and see some nice buildings and stuff. if someone wants to connect to that network feel free to ask.

well this first building il located near New Sky City and it's a "modern" building, very simple structure made of glass-ike and stone-like blocks with trees and flowers on the roof. inside it's empty, i don't like much details like forniture and stuff. this is my home here :)

this one here is a fountain. it's a pretty simple design, as you can see. if you use the water as an elevator you can go down to my storage area (which is just a round platform). the floor and fountain are made of stone-like and glass-like blocks and the things that goes up (don't know how to call them) are made of planks and leaves, so it's climbable. this is supposed to be a center of a building area, but i'm not sure what i want to build yet. if someone wants to build here, feel free to ask and build whatever you want, but please avoid cobble/dirt/whatever cube things and "buildings" like that.

Last edited by Mind on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:30, edited 2 times in total.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Wed Aug 31, 2016 09:15

Mind, Hi. Edit your post and tell us more about the structures.

noob101

In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 17:03

Sorry, OldCoder, that I just crashed your server. Let me explain:

A few weeks ago, when I started on the server and made it past Level 1 and a bit into Level 2, DI3HARD139 came on (or an impostor). I allowed him to tp to me, which was the basic mistake, in hindsight. He /sethome on my island and did not stop interfering and messing with me. So I dug the ground from under him to get rid of him, he died earlier anyway so had nothing to lose.

Through his sethome he was able to return, ofc, and in the further process I died and lost all my ores that were essential for my progress later on. I left, being quite frustrated, at that point.
Today I returned and did a reset to start anew, but that the server did not like at all.
Now, the instant I log on, the server waves me a short goodbye and goes down. I stopped after the 3rd attempt, I think.

Could you please somehow reset me, my progress is lost anyway, and fix this? Thanks a bunch.

Cheers, noob101

noob101

In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 17:39

So I can login again without crashing the server, ty OldCoder.

But my problem persists: Whenever I try to restart, I do so at level three. But I need pretty much all the materials from the earlier levels to finish. Basically I'd say that restart function isn't working properly. So, may I ask for help one more time?

MidnightGirl offered in-game help immediately, but I did not want to take her stuff sinde I had nothing in return, and the problem is a rather general one imho. TY MidnightGirl!

CU, n101

Previous

Return to Minetest Servers