OldCoder Wizard School

OldCoder
Administrator

OldCoder Wizard School

by OldCoder » Fri Aug 21, 2015 17:35

OldCoder Wizard School is based on a fan map made by Perlitroll.

We're not sure yet about future policies. However, for now, interact is on by default for this world. So are fly and noclip, so that you can fly around and see all of the school.

The world doesn't have "magic" mods or other special mods yet. But Rubenwardy is apparently working on a similar world. If he's interested, his game could be merged with this one.

The world is located at: server minetest.org port 30025

Last edited by OldCoder on Tue Aug 25, 2015 23:21, edited 1 time in total.

OldCoder
Administrator

Re: OldCoder Wizard School

by OldCoder » Tue Aug 25, 2015 23:12

The Wizard School campus is protected.

If you'd like to build in this world, type: /build
This will jump you to the build area.
To get back to spawn, type: /spawn

You can also use the travelnets located at spawn and in the build area. Look for this box:

Last edited by OldCoder on Fri Aug 28, 2015 23:18, edited 2 times in total.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Tue Aug 25, 2015 23:17

This is Programming Chicken's arcade located outside the Wizard School campus. The Tetris game and Coke machine actually work.

<gamerdude> homedecor's the most extensive mod, i'm telling ya

Last edited by OldCoder on Sat Aug 29, 2015 21:05, edited 1 time in total.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Fri Aug 28, 2015 23:45

The world has been reset due to griefing.

Actually, we're not sure what happened. It looked like somebody had managed to use worldedit to copy a castle multiple times into a protected area. To be on the safe side, all player privileges have been reset.

The build area has moved. To get to the new build area, type: /build
To get back to spawn, type: /spawn
Or you can use the travelnets.

jp

GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:43

OldCoder wrote:Thanks to Vanessa's efforts, the Tetris game and Coke machine actually work.

The Coke machine is made by me, and the Tetris game coded by jin_xi with some polishing by me.

There are several people behind that mod and VanessaE should not get all the credit (though it's not your fault).

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sat Aug 29, 2015 21:08

Somebody in the Wizard School build area is fond of fans. I assume that this building needs a lot of cooling for industrial purposes.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sat Aug 29, 2015 21:43

This is the start of a simple but functional brick residence by carvelgAmer. Location:

World: OldCoder Wizard School
Coords: 9913.7, 11.3, 9988.7

Note: The bed visible through the windows works; i.e., I'm testing a new mod that allows players to sleep through the night. If no bugs turn up, I'll update other worlds similarly.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sun Aug 30, 2015 23:22

The arcade shown earlier in this thread was griefed in an unusual way. We couldn't figure out how it was done immediately. It was a fun puzzle.

The answer is complicated but will be of interest to server hosts and mod authors. For the explanation, see the following post:

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13148#p189179

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Mon Aug 31, 2015 07:22

I'm not sure what this is. It seems to be an arena of some sort with comfy chairs for the onlookers. It's colorful, anyway.

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
World:   OldCoder Wizard School
Name:    Comfy-Chair Arena
Builder: lilly101
Coords:  9954, 16.5, 10059

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Mon Aug 31, 2015 08:34

I've converted Wizard School in-place to Minetest mapgen V7. This means that terrain in new areas will be generated differently. Report problems or unusual issues in-game or in IRC.

This particular scene is located at:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
World:    OldCoder Wizard School
Name:     Nature scene
Builder:  None
Coords:   11818.3, 16.9, 14712.8

King_Grim

In-game: King_Grim

by King_Grim » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:42

I was wondering if you could add smoke, if there is a mod for that. Also, I'm not sure if it is a bug or not but I cannot get the chain links to connect to anything, maybe I am not connecting it to the right thing, but it will not connect to average blocks. Also I am still having issues with shrooms growing through my blocks. They die out and leave blank spaces but it is messing up my building.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Mon Aug 31, 2015 23:55

King_Grim:

1. I tried adding one of the "particle" mods, but it was too slow. The other smoke/particle mods are old and unmaintained. If you're able to take over one of these mods, I'll test it.

2. Regarding the chain links problem, which mod are you referring to? BTW I saw your in-game messages today, but I couldn't come right away. When I did come, you were gone. Email me at oldcoder@yahoo.com or PM OldCoder in Freenode or Inchra IRC. This will work better.

3. As I think that I told you before, I need to see the mushrooms, unless you're able to identify the mod. Are you able to take a screenshot or dig the nodes to get the item string?

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sun Sep 20, 2015 03:03

Exterior and interior of a nice castle by Opex.

Name:     Opex Castle
Builder:  Opex
Coords:   487, 14.5, 1908

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Tue Oct 27, 2015 02:30

<shaylie> who wants to come to a restaurant
<shaylie> its really good!
<shaylie> its on ice and its called shaylies restaurant!

Name:     Shaylie's Log Cabin Restaurant
Builders: shaylie
Server:   minetest.org
Port:     30025
Coords:   10080.6, 1.5, 10042.6

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Fri Oct 30, 2015 18:29

OldCoder, could you change my player skin on your servers to the one below?
Attachments
InklingBoy.png
InklingBoy.png (2.36 KiB) Viewed 3700 times

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Fri Oct 30, 2015 20:26

I've updated all of my servers that use my common-skin mechanism. However, in general, I prefer not to take skin requests, interact requests, requests for special privileges, etc., in forums. I ask that people contact me by email or in IRC instead.

I can also see in-game requests. If somebody says, "OldCoder give me a TRON skin", I may notice that even if I'm not there at the time. But there is no way to respond to in-game requests unless I'm there right then, so email and IRC are better.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Thu Nov 19, 2015 08:51

By special request from Spike, Pavel_S's helicopters have been added to Wizard School. If it works out, they may appear in other worlds. The controls are as follows:

Jump    - fly up
Sneak   - fly down
Forward - fly forward
Back    - fly backward
Left    - turn left
Right   - turn right

Note: I'm not sure of how to get out of a helicopter once you're in it. Try landing first.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Fri Dec 25, 2015 23:12

By special request from moono, I'm testing FNAF monsters in Wizard School. If they work out, they'll invade some of my other worlds.

I've already identified and fixed one FNAF crash and will try to correct others. Ultimately, they may become part of the ManyMobs framework.

In the screenshot below, Santa Claus is about to kill a FNAF Chica. A FNAF Foxy is visible in the background on the right.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sat Jan 30, 2016 20:22

Florian has launched a Star Destroyer. Note: Florian is a Star Wars fan in the Netherlands.

Name:     Florian Star Destroyer Exterior
Builders: florianmoreels
Coords:   9996.39, 46.89, 9875.23

Florian's Star Destroyer cruises through the night, relentless hunting its prey:

Name:     Florian Star Destroyer Interior
Coords:   10003.00, 39.47, 9887.62

Interior of Florian's Star Destroyer, which seems to be run by a dedicated crew of Santa Clauses and a Space Pig:

Name:     Florian Star Destroyer Lower Level
Coords:   10003.49, 35.50, 9889.44

One of the lower levels of Florian's Star Destroyer. First Officer Horse inspects the engines as the crew prepares to dine on pizza:

Return to Minetest Servers