Old LOTT Server Thread

fishyWET

GitHub: fishyWET

Old LOTT Server Thread

by fishyWET » Wed Jun 25, 2014 09:40

Last edited by fishyWET on Tue Dec 01, 2015 09:51, edited 20 times in total.
LOTR Subgame
Some days you flip the table, (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ︵┻━┻,
Other days, the table flip you, ┳━┳︵(ₒ⁻ₒ).

fishyWET

Re: Lord Of The Test Server [Viewing Only] [Hosted by OldCod

by fishyWET » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:42

*bump* Server is opened for viewing and running!
LOTR Subgame

littlejoe

GitHub: littlejoe
In-game: LittleJoe

by littlejoe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 00:30

If you need any help building I'd be glad : ) I'm not availabe a TON but you can send me a PM if I can help ; )

Xanthin

GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 16:01

Even without the ability to build and mine at the server at the moment, there is lots of things to explore and visit (fast and fly privs are granted and helpful). Some pictures from my first exploration:

+ Spoiler

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Wed Sep 24, 2014 16:59

Please announce this server in the forums of Freeminer too, as doing so might convince people that the fork is not worthless (it does connect to Minetest servers.) Just be sure that, if you take screenshots using it, that you use the latest development version from GitHub. The stable build of Freeminer shown on the home page is vastly obsolete.

fishyWET

Re: Lord Of The Test Server [Kingdom Wars] [Hosted by OldCod

by fishyWET » Tue Dec 09, 2014 13:23

Gandalf wrote:The Ring has awoken, it's heard its masters call.

The server is opened and ready for visitors, more information at the topic post.
LOTR Subgame

sparky

IRC: STHGOM
In-game: sparky

by sparky » Fri Feb 13, 2015 21:22

--removed--
-"Never look down on someone unless you're helping them up"

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Sun Mar 22, 2015 08:01

For a period in time, the server was changed into a survival server due to lack of active staff for maintenance of the idea.

But now, the server will have a gentle reboot in a week to be made into a capture the flag server. Using rubenwardy's capture the flag game, but slightly modified together with LOTT subgame.
For interested parties that like teaming up and killing perhaps you might want to join earlier to gather some resources and get prepared when the server transforms.
I am also looking for any mature players that are willing to lead a team.
And also active*, mature, experienced* players interested in being a staff member.
*experienced = at least a few months of playing with Minetest and know of the usage of basic moderation commands.
*active = a visit at least once in a fortnight
LOTR Subgame

Sokomine

Re: Lord Of The Test Server [Hosted by OldCoder]

by Sokomine » Sun Mar 22, 2015 16:16

fishyWET wrote:But now, the server will have a gentle reboot in a week to be made into a capture the flag server.

It's also quite intresting to just visit the server and do some sightseeing. Will there be tourist visums available for those who are not intrested in capturing a flag? :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

fishyWET

by fishyWET » Sun Mar 22, 2015 17:12

Sokomine wrote:It's also quite intresting to just visit the server and do some sightseeing. Will there be tourist visums available for those who are not intrested in capturing a flag? :-)

Yes, I suppose I could arrange for that.
LOTR Subgame

PeterPanda

by PeterPanda » Sat May 02, 2015 18:03

Can I have this skin? My username is WookieWarlock http://minecraft.novaskin.me/search/woo ... ookie-Skin

-Thanks!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun May 03, 2015 01:56

Announcement (for OldCoder; he said it on his server and asked me to forward it):

OldCoder wrote:OldCoders worlds may be down for 2 days.

The OldCoder Minetest worlds may be down for 1 to 2 days starting tonight or soon for a move. This will happen again in a week or two.
The physical server is moving. So the worlds are going to a diffrent machine temporarily and then back to the original one.

We hope to see you there once things settle down!

PeterPanda

by PeterPanda » Mon Jun 01, 2015 04:19

Hello everyone, WookieWarlock here. My computer has broken, so I will not be able to carry out my duties as a moderator right now. On top of that, I'm preoccupied already because I'm going on a missions trip to Nicaragua in the next week for ten days. I hope to get a new computer by the the end of June or so, but I'll try to get that taken care of ASAP. If you'd like to chat further, do so here on the forums because my phone apparently loves boycotting freenode. You can also ask STHGOM about my personal email if that would be easier. But for now, goodbye and sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused. Later!

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Mon Jun 01, 2015 05:04

Panda or Warlock, as may be preferred: I'll ask Sparky for your email address, but feel free to drop me a line yourself at:

oldcoder@yahoo.com

Does your phone take pictures? I'd be pleased to receive some of the trip.

PeterPanda

by PeterPanda » Wed Jun 03, 2015 14:44

I'd love to send you pictures after the trip :) Unfortunately, last time I went on this sort of trip, (in Haiti) my camera was stolen just days into it. This time, however, I'm not letting that thing out of my sight xD. One more thing; I'm leaving Monday, so communication won't be posible after that. I'll be coming home the following Monday, but the plane arrives back home really late so I probably won't be able to speak until that Tuesday. How are things on the server? Anything new I should know?

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Wed Jun 03, 2015 19:19

PeterPanda, Hi. Lord of the Test is one of my most active worlds. It's in good shape and the Cat Ninja has things under control. My worlds will shut down for two days for a move from a temporary machine to their long-term home, but they should be waiting for you when you return.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sat Jun 06, 2015 06:01

OldCoder Lord of the Test has been updated to the latest upstream LOTT code. I'd like to thank Amaz for his assistance with the update and for his positive remarks related to other issues.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sat Jun 06, 2015 06:17

I assume that people have seen this screenshot on my Twitter feed. For those who have not seen it, here are Ents Nettletwig and Mildfir in Lord of the Test:

Screenshots in general will be posted on one of the following sites:

https://twitter.com/BoldCoder

http://minetest.org/

http://forum.lordofthetest.se/

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sat Jun 13, 2015 21:49

OldCoder Lord of the Test is now a little more diverse. Meet Cat Ninja's take on Istari Pallando.

This is non-canonical, but so are Nyan Cats. I don't remember them in the original Lord of the Rings books :-)

The 1st screenshot shows a younger version of the character. The 2nd screenshot shows an older version. Both versions are in LOTT but the 2nd screenshot is from Cat Ninja's development world as opposed to LOTT.

PeterPanda

by PeterPanda » Sat Aug 22, 2015 03:26

Hi guys, wookie again. So I just wanted to throw it out there that I will be active again! Perhaps tomorrow, if not then in two days because I'm busy Sunday. You guys don't know how excited I am! My life is in pretty bad condition right now (long story (which means I just really don't feel like talking about it right now)) so it'll be great for me to get back on and chill with you guys. See you then!

PeterPanda

by PeterPanda » Sat Aug 22, 2015 03:31

Oh and I nearly forgot. Has a player called renegade365 joined the server recently?

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sat Aug 22, 2015 03:43

Peter Panda, nobody using that nick has visited any of my worlds so far. To discuss things further, see me in-game or in IRC. I'm around fairly often, though times are unpredictable.

Gerald

In-game: gerald7

by Gerald » Sun Aug 23, 2015 16:40

I have noticed that there are no buildings at the dwarven kingdom yet. What is wrong?

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sun Aug 23, 2015 19:13

Gerald wrote:"I have noticed that there are no buildings at the dwarven kingdom yet. What is wrong"

Amaz says: "They do exist, but they are generally underground, and so are quite hard to find. I'll add a planantiri to the main place at some point soon."

Here's a screenshot of a dwarven community. The underground places are presently decorated caves, for the most part, but there are exceptions. Amaz is working on a dwarven city, which will be located aboveground.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Wed Sep 09, 2015 02:48

This is another dwarfen city underground:

They even have a shopping mall (and a nice tavern above it):

There just wasn't time enough to build the living quarters. The dwarfs are working on them now. If you can contribute something, please do so! Right now, they're all happily digging.
Attachments
screenshot_20150909_044432.png
screenshot_20150909_044432.png (224.66 KiB) Viewed 5412 times
screenshot_20150909_044338.png
screenshot_20150909_044338.png (507.91 KiB) Viewed 5412 times

Gerald

In-game: gerald7

by Gerald » Sat Sep 12, 2015 16:03

This is impressive. How can i travel there?

I would be glad to contribute something.
I already started building a "dwarven mine".

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Sep 13, 2015 02:53

There's plenty of space left in that cave where my dwarfen city is. If you'd like to build there, search for the mine entrance. Go to spawn, then forward towards the city, and head right. Where the city ends, you'll find some stones indicating a path. It leads to a tiny bridge over a gap in the ground and to the entrance building above the mine - which holds the palantir stone that'll teleport you down.

phsycoslasher2000

In-game: lolman

by phsycoslasher2000 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 22:22

can i have interact? my in game name is lolman

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sat Oct 03, 2015 22:32

lolman, I answered you before in the Moontest thread. I don't usually handle interact in the forums. Please don't clutter up the threads with interact requests. Ping me in IRC, talk to me in-game, or email me. Details were in the response that I already gave you.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sun Oct 11, 2015 18:40

1. Sometime this summer, the LOTT satellite was destroyed. It may have happened due to a crash as opposed to griefing. The satellite has been restored from a backup. To visit it, use the command:

/satellite

The restore should only have affected the satellite area. If you notice problems on the ground, report them to Amaz, Sparky, or me in-game.

2. The travel command /ents has been added. This command takes you to a biome where Ents have been known to live.

3. At the request of jakster, the apple tree in the screenshot below, a Kingdom of Trees has been added. We may add other Kingdoms, such as the Kingdom of Coders. The code is experimental. I'll need help from Amaz or Fishy WET to figure out one glitch.

Next

Return to Minetest Servers