[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

swordpaint12

In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.11] [technic]

by swordpaint12 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 15:04

What folders did you rename? Are you calling the mod 'technic'(no capitals)? How did you rename the folder?

Also, I have a question of my own. What kind of wires are used for nuclear reactor, etc? I've been using mesecons. I don't know what else to use. What is the inventory name of the wire? Does it come with another mod? I have moreores, mesecons, pipeworks, and digiline working. Is there anything else I need?
Winter Cumicles
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.
Fruit!

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

benrob0329

GitHub: Benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 15:21

The technic wires are made from copper. There are LV, MV, and HV variants.

The Nuklier Reactor needs HV wires.

Dartmouth

IRC: pilino1234

by Dartmouth » Fri Sep 18, 2015 15:23

@Aberts10
You need to extract the Zip folder from GitHub to minetest\mods, which should give you a folder called technic, with a file called modpack.txt and several subfolders in it.

@swordpaint12
technic comes with LV, MV, and HV cables for this. The reactor, being a HV machine, needs HV cables to transfer the power to machines.

swordpaint12

by swordpaint12 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 16:14

Oh okay I was searching for wires not cables. Thank you! Also, What are the networks and how do I set them?
Winter Cumicles
Yay for MT! No MC here!
Fruit!

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

DoyleChris

In-game: DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Fri Sep 18, 2015 18:01

Each Tier has advantages.

LV items easy to make (cheap) but machines are slow, and cant send things through the tubes.

MV more expansive, needs rare materials but machines more effiecant and you can use tubed with upgraded.

Best start with LV machines then upgrade.

swordpaint12

by swordpaint12 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 18:25

I know about lv, mv, and hv, but I don't know how to establish a network.
Winter Cumicles
Yay for MT! No MC here!
Fruit!

DS-minetest

GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

by DS-minetest » Fri Sep 18, 2015 18:36

swordpaint12 wrote:I know about lv, mv, and hv, but I don't know how to establish a network.

you need a switching station
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Fri Sep 18, 2015 19:12

You have a solar array connected to a switch then a battery and machines.

Aberts10

by Aberts10 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 21:10

swordpaint12 wrote:What folders did you rename? Are you calling the mod 'technic'(no capitals)? How did you rename the folder?

Also, I have a question of my own. What kind of wires are used for nuclear reactor, etc? I've been using mesecons. I don't know what else to use. What is the inventory name of the wire? Does it come with another mod? I have moreores, mesecons, pipeworks, and digiline working. Is there anything else I need?

So appearently, there are some items in the game that I found when I searched "technic", but there only a few, no reactors, power systems.... so I'm still having a problem

swordpaint12

by swordpaint12 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 02:08

@ Aberts10 huh. That's strange.

I put a switching machine under the HV generator but apparently that needs a network too and I'm clueless as to how to set it.
Winter Cumicles
Yay for MT! No MC here!
Fruit!

uind_w

by uind_w » Sat Sep 19, 2015 04:02

swordpaint12 wrote:I put a switching machine under the HV generator but apparently that needs a network too and I'm clueless as to how to set it.

Put switching machine "ON the cable".
other machine can connect from side,front,back,top,bottom.
But switching machine must connect from bottom.
(So, One switching machine can connect Only one Network)

Example:
[Switch Machine]
[HV Cable][HV generator]

hb.operandi

In-game: Belle

by hb.operandi » Sun Sep 20, 2015 06:12

My gameplay has been leaning heavily on this mod. Love it.

Made a killer Nuclear Powerplant. I would absolutely suggest building it underground (i.e. the top of the plant is level with the ground) since a big concrete box looks ugly. Plus if it ever (mine hasn't but who knows) melts down, it melts into the earth rather than over whatever structure is built around it. No harm done. (Don't tell the environmentalists I said that!)

Also if you build it close to sea level it gives you an awesome setup for the quarry machine. Simply run an HV cable down through the bottom and have it extend out, this'll provide MORE than enough power to keep several of them running consistently. If you couple this with the Pipeworks mod than you can run teleporting tubes out and you won't have to see the underside again. Just clear out your inventory.

The top of the structure should also have a cable running out. (This can be broken if you need to hop back in and refuel it) How I have mine set up is with two outputs, one HV cable running to an HV battery box (for charging my drill) and then the other to a supply converter which outputs an MV cable that goes to the machines. All of which is nestled in a neat little house above the power plant.

It makes the perfect home base for all of my exploration and mining operations. Especially since it's not dependant on the time of the day.

What I'd like to see?
More HV machines. From what I've gathered HV isn't really necessary unless you're making a quarry or a force-field. The first is taken care of by all this power, and I have no use for the second; so really all of my power needs can be handled by a few solar panels. Doable, sure; exciting? Nah.

Secondly, I know it sounds lame, but lighting would be awesome. Little bulbs that need power to be on, a switch (without a mesecon) that can turn a dark house bright, and could be flipped off to conserve juice.

I know i'm probably late to the game for suggestions, but I like this mod so I'd figure my two cents still have some worth.
cheers
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."

my other life
http://hboperandi.blogspot.com/

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Sun Sep 20, 2015 23:38

I set up a reactor and some quarry machines in one of mine mines. And they started digging Then all of a sudden started diggig a checker board patteran. I noticed on the minimap that there is a checker pattern by the reactor. I have a anchor block on top of the reactor to keep the machines alive.

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Tue Sep 22, 2015 00:34

OK--I've done the Google thing, but for some reason, some of the crafting recipes for technic are not working--what am I missing?

Running minetest 4.12 on Fedora 64-bit
technic mod plus dependencies are installed in ~/.minetest/mods
I am trying to make two things--a steel ingot and a grinder
I cannot find a recipe to convert an iron (wrought or cast) ingot into steel
The recipe I found to make a grinder does not work (5 desert stone, 1 diamond, 2 stone, and 1 copper ingot)

Is there an updated page for technic recipes?

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:46

I have a question about the admin anchor. If i tell it i want 8 blocks, how many are kept alive. Would it be a 8*8*8, or 8*8 and all the way up and down.

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Wed Sep 23, 2015 14:59

There's a difference between blocks and nodes. Nodes are the cubes and other shapes that you run around on, while blocks are large sections of these (I'm not sure how large the mapblocks are, there are also mapchunks, which are 5*5*5 blocks iirc, but don't quote me on that)
Using 1-2 blocks in the admin anchor seems to work fine for me :)

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Fri Sep 25, 2015 15:39

Technic assistance requested!

Can someone *please* list the steps (or point me to a web page with them) to create a Grinder, starting from the raw ore?

From everything I've seen and researched, it looks to me like there is a circular loop going on--one needs a grinder to make stainless steel, but one needs stainless steel to make a grinder.

I really do not want to "cheat" with the /giveme command. I want to do this within the Minetest environment.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 15:58

ShadowAce wrote:Technic assistance requested!

Can someone *please* list the steps (or point me to a web page with them) to create a Grinder, starting from the raw ore?

From everything I've seen and researched, it looks to me like there is a circular loop going on--one needs a grinder to make stainless steel, but one needs stainless steel to make a grinder.

I really do not want to "cheat" with the /giveme command. I want to do this within the Minetest environment.

You are looking at the recipe for the MV Grinder which needs more stuff and infrastructure than the LV Grinder. Look at that one and you will be able to build it.

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Fri Sep 25, 2015 15:59

Yes, at first I was puzzled too, but @LionsDen is right, you have to work your way up the tiers of machines

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Fri Sep 25, 2015 17:34

LionsDen wrote:
You are looking at the recipe for the MV Grinder which needs more stuff and infrastructure than the LV Grinder. Look at that one and you will be able to build it.

Ahh--Thank you.

hb.operandi

In-game: Belle

by hb.operandi » Sat Sep 26, 2015 00:33

A nice in between of cheat and help is to use unified inventory to see the recipes. You don't need to give yourself any and it'd be more useful for research then to be turned off. The great thing is you can reverse the steps,

i.e. How do I make a boat.
[ ][ ][ ]
[x][ ][x]
[x][x][x]

Where x is wood planks, don't know how to make that, click on the material and it'll show you how to make that. It' goes back as far as dig, or chop. You can click on any item (loaded into the directory) from your mods...if you enable creative mode you can see even more.

Personally I use the crap out of it but that's just my builder playing style. But I respect those who want a pure game experience. But seriously some of these recipes get complicated. Just a thought.
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."

my other life
http://hboperandi.blogspot.com/

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Sat Sep 26, 2015 14:21

I've tried and tried, and researched, and looked through the lua files for the code, but I cannot create an lv_cable.

I've used 3 copper ingots in the crafting table, but nothing appears. I also cannot find the code anywhere in the mod files.

Do I need to DL another module?

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Sat Sep 26, 2015 15:20

ShadowAce wrote:I've tried and tried, and researched, and looked through the lua files for the code, but I cannot create an lv_cable.

I've used 3 copper ingots in the crafting table, but nothing appears. I also cannot find the code anywhere in the mod files.

Do I need to DL another module?

Checking Unified Inventory, you need 6 paper and 3 copper.

PPP
CCC
PPP

Where P is paper and C is copper ingots.

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Sat Sep 26, 2015 16:15

LionsDen wrote:
Checking Unified Inventory, you need 6 paper and 3 copper.

PPP
CCC
PPP

Where P is paper and C is copper ingots.

Paper!! I was thinking rubber for the cable casing. Thank you!

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Sat Sep 26, 2015 17:01

Well you need 6 paper and 3 copper for LV cable then 6 rubber and 3 LV Cable for MV Cable then 6 plastic and 3 MV Cables for HV Cable.

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Sun Sep 27, 2015 13:34

I appreciate the help I've received so far--I have one more request.

I have installed Unified Inventory so I have the crafting guide. It is telling me that to create a brass ingot, I need 2 copper and 1 zinc ingot. I have tried every sort of combination I could think of, but am not getting the brass ingot.

Any ideas?

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Sun Sep 27, 2015 14:13

Did you look at how you need to combine the copper and zinc ingots?

Edit: Just checked, Unified_inventory says "Method: Alloying", so you will need an alloy furnace.

Ferk

GitHub: Ferk

by Ferk » Sun Sep 27, 2015 14:43

Dartmouth wrote:There's a difference between blocks and nodes. Nodes are the cubes and other shapes that you run around on, while blocks are large sections of these (I'm not sure how large the mapblocks are, there are also mapchunks, which are 5*5*5 blocks iirc, but don't quote me on that.

I think the blocks are 16x16x16 nodes.
So the mapchunks are 80x80x80 (16*5 = 80).
The ground-level mapchunk starts at y=-32 and ends at y=47

But you can configure how many blocks a mapchunk has in the minetest.conf settings.
{ ☠ Dungeontest ☠ , ᗧ••myarcade•• }

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Mon Sep 28, 2015 03:47

Dartmouth wrote:Did you look at how you need to combine the copper and zinc ingots?

Edit: Just checked, Unified_inventory says "Method: Alloying", so you will need an alloy furnace.

OK--I am finally getting the hang of this. It's getting more fun as I learn new things.

Thanks for all your help!!

alvinomaster

In-game: alvinomaster

by alvinomaster » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:41

Does'nt work
you think it is a very extreme mod but no!!!
Does'nt work i tried to put water can result nothing
Try to use battery box: shows it has no network
try to build a nuclear reactor not working.How can be this a good and famous mod if it has no use!!!..to bored from it only chests and simple building blocks work or have a use... Recomend not to download it untill its fixed..
read many posts about it but no!!!...its just a peace of crap[/color]
either this post should be removed or the mod should be fixed...
If i am wrong please correct mee!

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases