[Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.8] [minetest-3d_armor]

stu

GitHub: stujones11

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.5] [minetest-3d_armor]

by stu » Fri Dec 04, 2015 19:17

Kpenguin wrote:Nice mod!
I use unified inventory, and when I open the armor section, it shows three values: protect, heal, and fire. Protect and heal change based on the armor I'm wearing, but fire doesn't change no matter what armor I wear. What is "fire" and what does it do?
Thanks!

From README.md
Fire protection has been added by TenPlus1 and in use when ethereal mod is found and crystal armor has been enabled. each piece of armor offers 1 fire protection, level 1 protects against torches, level 2 against crystal spikes, 3 for fire and 5 protects when in lava.

Actually, that is not very well worded. tldr; fire protection needs to be enabled in the armor.conf file, this is done automatically if you have the ethereal mod installed.

stu

by stu » Wed Dec 09, 2015 21:37

I finally got round to making use of the recently added on_player_hpchnage callback. This should be good news for servers as it saves constantly polling player HP's.

Note that the global config ARMOR_UPDATE_TIME is now only applicable to fire protection (if enabled) so it's now quite safe to throttle that back a bit, I personally quite enjoyed the thrill of setting this somewhat higher, like running on hot coals ;-)

I have endeavoured to maintain compatibility with all currently supported mods, please let me know if I missed any.

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:48

Why armor destroyed if player was suffocate under water or died because of hunger?
I suggest you add armor drop on player die if no bones mod installed, i mean armor drop on the ground.
Also maybe a good idea - destroy only chestpalte and helmet on player die.

stu

by stu » Sat Jan 02, 2016 15:02

amadin wrote:Why armor destroyed if player was suffocate under water or died because of hunger?
I suggest you add armor drop on player die if no bones mod installed, i mean armor drop on the ground.
Also maybe a good idea - destroy only chestpalte and helmet on player die.

Currently there is no way to determine the cause of death so it's not possible to make an exception for drowning etc.
It is of course possible to disable the drop on death feature which iirc is the default configuration anyway.

amadin

by amadin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 15:36

I don't have bones mode on server. How i can enable armor drop on the ground after player died?

stu

by stu » Sat Jan 02, 2016 15:55

amadin wrote:I don't have bones mode on server. How i can enable armor drop on the ground after player died?

You need to create a file called armor.conf containing the line
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
ARMOR_DROP = true

Save the file in your 3d_armor mod or world directory. See armor.conf.example for all available options.

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

In-game: TailsTheFox

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sat Jan 30, 2016 07:38

stu wrote:Visible Wielded Items & Player Armor

[mod] Visible Wielded Items [wieldview] Makes hand wielded items visible to other players.
[mod] Visible Player Armor [3d_armor] Adds craftable armor that is visible to other players.
[mod] Shields [shields] Adds shields to the visible player armor.
[mod] Technic Armor [technic_armor] Adds technic armor materials. (requires technic mod for craft registration)

Screenshot:

Mod Version: 0.4.5 - Nov 15, 2015

Improved support for new unified inventory features with help from VanessaE
Added shift-click support for most inventory setups with help form tenplus1
Prevent admin armor from being dropped by CraigyDavi
Misc other bugfixes made with help from tenplus1 and proller
+ version history
Minetest Version: 0.4.5 - 0.4.13 (see downloads)

Depends: default

Recommends: unified_inventory by RealBadAngel *
+ actively supported mods
* Please note that the use of multiple inventory mods is not officially supported.

License Textures: 2013 Ryan Jones - CC-BY-SA

License Source Code: 2013 Stuart Jones - LGPL

Downloads

Minetest 0.4.13 Version 0.4.5
+ older versions
Browse Code: github

Please let me know of any bugs, problems or suggestions.

Cheers

When i click the unified_inventory icon, it closes Minetest, it doesn't even crash, even the Command Prompt closes.
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sat Jan 30, 2016 07:39

It closes minetest when i click the inventory icon.
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

stu

by stu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 17:25

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:It closes minetest when i click the inventory icon.

If the game closes unexpectedly then it has crashed. Your debug.txt file should contain some information about the cause, you will find that in the same directory as the minetest binaries.

At a guess, I'd say you are using an outdated version of unified inventory but I a cannot be certain without more information.

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sat Jan 30, 2016 22:00

stu wrote:
TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:It closes minetest when i click the inventory icon.

If the game closes unexpectedly then it has crashed. Your debug.txt file should contain some information about the cause, you will find that in the same directory as the minetest binaries.

At a guess, I'd say you are using an outdated version of unified inventory but I a cannot be certain without more information.

I mean it doesn't even go to the menu screen saying it crashed, i'll give as much info as possible. So i have the latest, reccommended version of minetest, i mean, i can get armor but i can't go to the inventory tab to put the armor on.
My mods:

stu

by stu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 23:03

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:I mean it doesn't even go to the menu screen saying it crashed, i'll give as much info as possible. So i have the latest, reccommended version of minetest, i mean, i can get armor but i can't go to the inventory tab to put the armor on.

Please show your debug.txt file, otherwise I have no idea what went wrong :?

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

by Byakuren » Wed Feb 10, 2016 20:10

Two questions:

In set_player_armor, I see that the armor level is stored in an armor group called "level", but I don't see the value examined anywhere. What is its purpose?

Are there any plans to support non-fleshy damage types?
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

amadin

by amadin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 09:50

I propose to add the leather armor if the mobs-redo mod installed (cow drop leather on die).

Nathan.S

GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Sat Feb 13, 2016 16:19

Amadin I've changed the wooden armor to be leather armor on my local copy as I didn't really think it made sense to make armor out of wood, though of course it could just be added and use the same texture as the wooden armor, which is what I did. I know, I'm lazy ;)
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website.

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 16:35

Good idea Nathan.

amadin

by amadin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 17:20

Nathan, if you lazy you can get textures from minecraft http://www.pixelpapercraft.com/files/1347433826566.png
Will be cool paint leather armor, because clothes mod incompatible with last 3d armor mod

stu

by stu » Sun Feb 14, 2016 22:24

Byakuren wrote:Two questions:

In set_player_armor, I see that the armor level is stored in an armor group called "level", but I don't see the value examined anywhere. What is its purpose?

That was originally added by BlockMen to support the hud mod but has since become part of the api and may be used by other mods.

Byakuren wrote:Are there any plans to support non-fleshy damage types?

iirc non-fleshy damage types have no effect on players, please someone correct me if I am mistaken or behind the times.
amadin wrote:I propose to add the leather armor if the mobs-redo mod installed (cow drop leather on die).

This has been suggested before and my response then was that it would make more sense for mobs_redo to include a leather armor recipe. It would not even need to depend on 3d_armor, although a simple soft-depend would allow it to override the wood armor and re-use it's textures ;-)

This mod has already become too bloated trying to support every other mod out there and this needs to stop. I will, however, work on improving the api features.

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

by Byakuren » Sun Feb 14, 2016 22:59

stu wrote:iirc non-fleshy damage types have no effect on players, please someone correct me if I am mistaken or behind the times.

I just tested a sword with the "fire" damage group and it did have an effect. I think the player just needs to have the armor group set, otherwise it does no damage, as with entities.

EDIT: I was mistaken, it only shows that on the attacking client. It doesn't actually work.
EDIT2: But it could be done through an on_punchplayer callback, though it might not be portable between mods.
EDIT3: Actually non-fleshy damage types appear to be working for real?
EDIT4: Yes, non-fleshy damage groups appear to already work. The confusion earlier was because 3d_armor mod was healing the player before I could notice.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

lincy

by lincy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 13:00

when die will cause server crash.

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
2016-02-28 20:42:00: ERROR[main]: UNRECOVERABLE error occurred. Stopping server. Please fix the following error:
2016-02-28 20:42:00: ERROR[main]: Lua: Runtime error from mod '3d_armor' in callback on_dieplayer(): /usr/share/games/minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:480: attempt to call field 'get_formspec' (a nil value)
2016-02-28 20:42:00: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2016-02-28 20:42:00: ERROR[main]:    /usr/share/games/minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:480: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:462>
2016-02-28 20:42:00: ERROR[main]:    /usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:355: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:335>

In thread 7f7c36c38780:
/build/minetest-_pkXwf/minetest-0.4.13+repack/src/server.cpp:511: void Server::step(float): A fatal error occurred: Lua: Runtime error from mod '3d_armor' in callback on_dieplayer(): /usr/share/games/minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:480: attempt to call field 'get_formspec' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
   /usr/share/games/minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:480: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:462>
   /usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:355: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:335>
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f7c2e68f700:
#0  virtual void* EmergeThread::Thread()
(Leftover data: #1  MapBlock* ServerMap::loadBlock(v3s16))
(Leftover data: #2  void ServerMap::loadBlock(std::__cxx11::string*, v3s16, MapSector*, bool))
(Leftover data: #3  void ServerMap::loadBlock(std::__cxx11::string*, v3s16, MapSector*, bool))
(Leftover data: #4  void ItemStack::deSerialize(std::istream&, IItemDefManager*))
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f7c2ee90700:
#0  virtual void* ServerThread::Thread()
#1  void Server::Receive()
(Leftover data: #2  void Server::SendBlocks(float))
(Leftover data: #3  void Server::SendBlockNoLock(irr::u16, MapBlock*, irr::u8, irr::u16))
(Leftover data: #4  void Server::SendInventory(PlayerSAO*))
(Leftover data: #5  void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)
(Leftover data: #6  bool getCraftingResult(Inventory*, ItemStack&, std::vector<ItemStack>&, bool, IGameDef*))
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f7c36c38780:
#0  int main(int, char**)
#1  Dedicated server branch
#2  void dedicated_server_loop(Server&, bool&)
#3  void Server::step(float)

Any idea ? Thanks.

stu

by stu » Sun Feb 28, 2016 14:05

lincy wrote:when die will cause server crash.

That error is caused by using an incompatible version of the inventory_plus mod, please use the version linked in the first post. Also note that inventory_plus is no longer maintained so I would personally recommend that you use the Unified Inventory mod instead.

Byakuren wrote:Yes, non-fleshy damage groups appear to already work. The confusion earlier was because 3d_armor mod was healing the player before I could notice.[/b]

Well that is interesting to know though I am not quite sure how I can use this in any meaningful way. I will need to do some experimenting but I am always open to suggestions.

https://github.com/stujones11/minetest-3d_armor/issues/47

lincy

by lincy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 17:42

stu wrote:That error is caused by using an incompatible version of the inventory_plus mod, please use the version linked in the first post. Also note that inventory_plus is no longer maintained so I would personally recommend that you use the Unified Inventory mod instead.

Thanks for your information. I will try it....

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 18:19

If you really wish to use Inventory Plus with 3D armor mod then please use this working version:

https://github.com/tenplus1/inventory_plus

lincy

by lincy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 18:25

stu wrote:
lincy wrote:when die will cause server crash.

That error is caused by using an incompatible version of the inventory_plus mod, please use the version linked in the first post. Also note that inventory_plus is no longer maintained so I would personally recommend that you use the Unified Inventory mod instead.

I am sorry, I have check my installed mods. I don't used inventory_plus, I am using unified_inventory .... so, The server crash was not relate to inventory_plus. Any idea ?

lincy

by lincy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 18:26

TenPlus1 wrote:If you really wish to use Inventory Plus with 3D armor mod then please use this working version:

Thanks, but I had check my installed mods. I am using unified_inventory not inventory_plus.

stu

by stu » Sun Feb 28, 2016 20:43

lincy wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:If you really wish to use Inventory Plus with 3D armor mod then please use this working version:

Thanks, but I had check my installed mods. I am using unified_inventory not inventory_plus.

You must also have the inventory_plus mod installed somewhere because the code that caused the crash should never have been executed otherwise. Type /mods in-game and check that it's not lurking in some shared directory.

@TenPlus1, I was not aware that you were maintaining it, I will update the first post to point to your repo instead.

lincy

by lincy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 15:37

stu wrote:
lincy wrote:Thanks, but I had check my installed mods. I am using unified_inventory not inventory_plus.

You must also have the inventory_plus mod installed somewhere because the code that caused the crash should never have been executed otherwise. Type /mods in-game and check that it's not lurking in some shared directory.

Yes, You are right !!! I had using your method to check installed mods. It's reaaly found both mods was installed. I am disable the inventory_plus mod and test it. It's work fine now.
Thanks your help !! :)

burli

by burli » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:20

what does "armor_use" mean? Is this something like durability? Lower values are better?

stu

by stu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 21:17

burli wrote:what does "armor_use" mean? Is this something like durability? Lower values are better?

armor_use is the amount of 'wear' the armor receives when the player takes damage.

In minetest tool items start out with a 'health' value of 65535 which decreases each time a mod or the built-in damage system applies wear. Once this level reaches zero or less, the tool item is destroyed.

Taking the Steel Hement as an example; with armor_use=500 that gives you 65535/500, or approximately 132 uses.

stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 01:12

is it possible we could get entities working for wielditems like in your wield3d mod stu? (probably is and i am just too lazy to code it :P)

stu

by stu » Mon Mar 14, 2016 19:26

stormchaser3000 wrote:is it possible we could get entities working for wielditems like in your wield3d mod stu? (probably is and i am just too lazy to code it :P)

The latest version of wield3d is compatible with 3darmor and can even be used in conjuction with wieldview if desired.

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases