Palace

Loadable maps as opposed to OldCoder's zoomable maps
slopsbucket

Palace

by slopsbucket » Thu Mar 09, 2017 05:34

Buckinghuge Palace.

Ridiculously huge. 201 X 201 nodes and more than 50 tall. But it looks pretty. The central palace also has a lovely ground floor ballroom.

It's a real castle with all the crinkly bits. Designed for defence, starting with entry through a real gatehouse, the only accessible routes to the inner defences and the central palace itself are designed to split enemy forces in to smaller groups then compact those groups into easily defended bottlenecks.

Minetest 0.4.15

Mods required:

worldedit

That's it. I only used blocks from the default minetest_game. There's a catch with that though - I'm using an older version of minetest_game because I can't stand the new version of the Creative Inventory Menu. I also prefer some of the older textures, this has created a small compatibility issue.

For people with a standard install of Minetest 0.4.15:

Torches on walls stick straight out instead of leaning out at an angle. Just grab the torches then put them back again to fix the problem.

For people running an older version of minetest_game:

When you try to open a door the game will crash.

These problems only occur when importing the palace from a .mts schematic file, files imported in the .we format work perfectly. But this palace in .we format is a bigger file than the world folder itself, more than twice the size.

So I've also made a copy of the world folder for you. Absolutely no mods required. Should be compatible with most recent versions of minetest.

Palace.zip 7 Mb
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 1750118119

Cheers,

Andrew.
Attachments
Palace 03.jpg
Palace 03.jpg (240.6 KiB) Viewed 905 times
Palace 02.jpg
Palace 02.jpg (120.42 KiB) Viewed 905 times
Palace 01.jpg
Palace 01.jpg (227.25 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Return to Minetest Maps