Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 22:29

Those pics look really awesome.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 22:48

solars wrote:
sneebliahj1 wrote:What do you do if oyu downloaded a map but it only dowloaded the map.sqlite file and you moved it into the world's folder?

I don't know. In my download is the folder with all required files. I hadn't tried to use only the map.sqlite before.

---

This time no new picture. Two in one day is enough. :D

ok :D il lget another map

solars

by solars » Thu Aug 08, 2013 15:41

sneebliahj1 wrote:ok :D il lget another map

This sound as you reffering my map and not another. 8o

Was the download successful?

----

This time a picture of the night in Karsthafen. Lights in the houses, but no streetlights, so its very dark in the night on the streets. The very low light pollution makes Karsthafen a very pleasant holiday resort. ;)

Dinnae bother wi mah poor english, but hae a keek at th' pics 'o mah pure dead brilliant map Karsthafen:
English thread: [Map] Karsthafen
German thread: [Map] Karsthafen - Diskussionsthread

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 18:30

ok so imma have to download it again! it takes forever! XD when i download it it iss a winrar file and is named minetest.zip is that correct? that is an awesome pic btw and just to let you know i figured out what i should do with the map.sqlite file with the other map and no im not getting another map yours and jeijas are the only ones :D

THEGGABOOK77

by THEGGABOOK77 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 20:16

You can upload the file in MediaFire?!
Yeah,I know that only have 200 MB of Space in a page.
But no 200 MB . I'm wait 2 hours.
190.31.223.213 : 30000 Is my Modern House server (Creative) And Totally Free
Join Now!
My Stuff
MY MODS: City Elements-Funny Signs

solars

by solars » Sun Aug 18, 2013 20:49

sneebliahj1 wrote:download it it iss a winrar file and is named minetest.zip is that correct?

I don't know, i havn't used the function to download all files in once yet. I have testdownloaded the 6 files seperatly on the page.
I think, the minetest.zip will have the 6 .rar files in it. So after unpack the zip, you must unpack the rar... :D

THEGGABOOK77 wrote:You can upload the file in MediaFire?!
Yeah,I know that only have 200 MB of Space in a page.
But no 200 MB . I'm wait 2 hours.

What do you mean with 200 MB in a page?
The Karsthafen-Map is as rar-file ca. 1.2 GB big, in 6 parts a 200 MB!

Is Dropbox too slow?
I can attempt to use MediaFire with the next version, if the site is better. I think in a few weeks, I will upload a new version of the map.

The new image of Karsthafen is from a actual building lot outside the city. There will be the "Königsburg" (Kings Castle) in a future version. As the first building of the castle, I'am working on the throne room. Here a early incomplete version. :)

Dinnae bother wi mah poor english, but hae a keek at th' pics 'o mah pure dead brilliant map Karsthafen:

Peters

by Peters » Thu Aug 22, 2013 18:34

Hi there,
I am playing together with solars on the map "Karsthafen". So I wanted to post a picture of my buildings as well.
Here you can see a soccer stadium I started to build a few days ago.

sneebliahj1

by sneebliahj1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 18:37

ok so now i cant download it without adding it ot my dropbox which requires an account which i am not going to make D:

solars

by solars » Mon Sep 02, 2013 02:17

This is curios. The download of all 6 files at dropbox should be available without a account...

For all who has problems with the dropbox-download, or want to see a actual version of the city himself, I have now a new download of the historic district of Karsthafen as flying isle in the sky:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vuma93y5nxidwl6/karsthafen_detail_city_2013-09-03.zip

And here is a picture of the entire map in this download:

Whitemau5

In-game: Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 17:27

Ok so i downloaded it from mediafire and it is amazing! The only problem is everything is in Dutch, or whatever language is written on the signs
Music Junky!

Check out my blog: theelectronica.wordpress.com

feromonas

by feromonas » Sun Sep 29, 2013 20:02

you do not think you've okay this city

Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 02:30

What? By the way, I'm sneebliahj1 I just changed my name because then people wouldnt know who i was.

THANKS SOLARS
Music Junky!

Peters

by Peters » Wed Oct 02, 2013 22:20

The language on the signs is German.
We might translate them to the English language when the city "Karsthafen" is finished.
But I am sure it'll take some time till it's done.

Here is a photo of the press centre in my tennis stadium.
I hope it looks realistic...
Last edited by Peters on Sun Oct 06, 2013 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 16:19

Peters wrote:The language on the signs is German.
We might translate them to the English language when the city "Karsthafen" is finished.
But I am sure it'll take some time till it's done.

Here is a photo of the press centre in my tennis stadium.
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae165/Are_peters/Presseraum_zpsd9f5b7ab.png
I hope it looks realistic...

Oh ok thanks :)
Music Junky!

solars

by solars » Sun Oct 06, 2013 18:51

Whitemau5 wrote:THANKS SOLARS

I'am happy that the download works now... :D

Then in near future I will upload a new segment of my map. The Devils Towers completion is near. :D

At the moment, I work on a parcour high in the tower:

It's not easy to build a good parcour inside the tower. But I hope it will be satisfying.

1/2 of the parcour is ready, but the next 1/2 of the parcour I have a problem to find ideas to make it varying, so I hope some of you have ideas for me. ;)

And I want to ask all of you who want to run the parcour: Should it be difficult, very difficult or hard to run?
Last edited by solars on Sun Oct 06, 2013 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Nov 11, 2013 04:11

I'd love to take a look at the map, especially since the buildings seem to be of high quality - plus the city seems to be a large planned project. Unfortionately, mediafire does not work as a download site. It is unusable.

Would it be possible to record part of the map with the special download-client? That usually leads to far smaller file size. I'm not entirely sure why that is so - compare the ~150 mb of Redcrabs world (and yes, that encompasses all the towns and huge structures) to the several GB the map covers on disk - it's an immense reduction. I guess it comes from not recording all those mines, places without buildings, and chunks of air.
A list of my mods can be found here.

solars

by solars » Mon Nov 11, 2013 22:17

Sokomine wrote:Would it be possible to record part of the map with the special download-client? That usually leads to far smaller file size. I'm not entirely sure why that is so - compare the ~150 mb of Redcrabs world.

This sounds fantastic. Where can I find the special download-client? When this is possible, I will do it, but at the moment, I don't know how...

The image this time is from the unfinished Jagdschloss (hunting lodge), that is a part of the Kings Castle:

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Nov 17, 2013 01:50

solars wrote:This sounds fantastic. Where can I find the special download-client? When this is possible, I will do it, but at the moment, I don't know how...

Try this if you need a pre-compiled client for Windows, or sfan5's github repro if you are able to compile.

It might also help if you could make the server available for connections from the outside for a short time.

solars

by solars » Tue Nov 19, 2013 01:41

Sokomine wrote:... or sfan5's github repro if you are able to compile.

I have build the minetest from this repro. But how get I the map, or find the download-client?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Nov 19, 2013 04:54

With the special download client, the map is automaticly saved in the folder bin/localmap/ in leveldb format. The map-saving client may not help that much if it's run from the same machine as the world runs on I'm afraid - much of the reduction originates from network beeing extremly slow and thus only the most basic chunks of land loading (and not, i.e., large amounts of underground and air).

Hope you manage to reduce the file size.

You may also consider pointing OldCoder to the map. If he spots it, he'll most likely offer to host it so that players will be able to connect and enjoy it on a server without having to download the full map. Players who enjoy the map may start building, and it might turn into a fork of your map, which may or may not be desired.

hassage

IRC: hassage
In-game: hassage

by hassage » Wed Nov 27, 2013 13:51

That's so big! I download it! Good job!

solars

by solars » Sun Dec 08, 2013 01:30

After a month without time for playing minetest, today I had the time to use the localmap-tool to build a little map with all main attractions (I hope). There only the buildings, that I have visited with the new client, so I can't be sure, that all buildings are in this map, but I think, the most is in it. I was running over the map for hours...

The image shows the city Karsthafen and the Devils Tower:

Here is the new download:
Attachments
karsthafen_2013-12-08.zip
(14.96 MiB) Downloaded 545 times
Last edited by solars on Sun Dec 08, 2013 01:33, edited 1 time in total.

webdesigner97

GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 09:40

I love this map! While exploring it, minetest suddenly decided to regenerate parts of the map, now those parts look like after an earthquake...

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Wed Dec 11, 2013 03:30

webdesigner97 wrote:I love this map! While exploring it, minetest suddenly decided to regenerate parts of the map, now those parts look like after an earthquake...

In order to avoid new chunks beeing generated, set
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
mg_name = singlenode

in your minetest.conf

Regarding the map: I've just started exploring and must say: Impressive! A very nice, huge town with funny signs - all in very good quality. In contrast to some other maps with buildings of lesser quality, this one might actually work very fine for an adventure map. Thanks for building it and making it available for download!

webdesigner97

GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 16:10

Sokomine wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:I love this map! While exploring it, minetest suddenly decided to regenerate parts of the map, now those parts look like after an earthquake...

In order to avoid new chunks beeing generated, set
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
mg_name = singlenode

in your minetest.conf
!

This doesn't work for me.

tchabuki

by tchabuki » Thu Jan 02, 2014 03:25

Wow! Awesome.

Most exciting map I've seen so far. It reminds me of Westeros for MC.

The only bad thing I found from the latest 8th of december download is the streets are full with sand or gravel. It is a little bit like the ancient roman city Pompeji which went down after a vulcano blew out it's ashes. Is this because it is still a work in progress?
Last edited by tchabuki on Thu Jan 02, 2014 03:25, edited 1 time in total.

LuxAtheris

by LuxAtheris » Thu Jan 02, 2014 03:43

Awesome map dude. Can I borrow it?
Believe you can and you’re halfway there.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Jan 02, 2014 05:01

tchabuki wrote:The only bad thing I found from the latest 8th of december download is the streets are full with sand or gravel. It is a little bit like the ancient roman city Pompeji which went down after a vulcano blew out it's ashes. Is this because it is still a work in progress?

No, that's most likely your mapgen wanting to contribute :-) It is important to set mapgen to i.e. singlenode when exploring a map that was saved with the special client. If changing it in your worlds/map_meta.txt does not suffice, then change it in your minetest.conf for the time beeing. Don't forget to set it back/comment out the line afterwards.

solars

by solars » Thu Jan 02, 2014 09:35

The savegames are a problem...
The original map.sqlite is 4,6 GB big!

At the moment, I searching for ideas, to make a better downloadable version. So, I hope, I can make a better version of the download in the next days or weeks.

LuxAtheris wrote:Awesome map dude. Can I borrow it?

The licence of the map: CC by sa

tchabuki wrote:...the streets are full with sand or gravel. It is a little bit like the ancient roman city Pompeji which went down after a vulcano blew out it's ashes. Is this because it is still a work in progress?

The way, i used to make the map little (the localmap tool) dosn't work the way it should, so many things are not in the map, where they should be and mapgen fills it with sand and gravel...

Here a map (or maps in a map?) of all buildings on the surface:
Last edited by solars on Thu Jan 02, 2014 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 02:43

Are all the signs in English? I downloaded the other one that was only the main part of the city and all the signs were in a different language.
Music Junky!

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Maps