Turtle Graphics (OBNEQ)

basil60

Turtle Graphics (OBNEQ)

by basil60 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 21:19

Hi
I got hold of a copy of Turtle via Obneq - viewtopic.php?id=6997
It uses a /giveme turtle:tool to get the turtle.

There's some good explanations on the page, however.

How does one get rid of the turtle interface when you don't want it? As it stands now, the inventory keeps popping up on me, with the changes to it made by the turtle mod.

jin_xi

Re: Turtle Graphics (OBNEQ)

by jin_xi » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:49

hey there, this is a really old mod but i can take a look if you're interested. I have tons of unfinished mods/code so its gonna take a while for me to figure out which is which and what is what...

twoelk

by twoelk » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:06

jin_xi wrote:hey there, this is a really old mod but i can take a look if you're interested. I have tons of unfinished mods/code so its gonna take a while for me to figure out which is which and what is what...

hmm. I just recently added the mod as example here: http://wiki.minetest.net/Mods:Learning so you might as well undust it and check it works with the current Minetest version because I'm going to point all teachers and educaters I talk to to that page :-D

basil60

by basil60 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 22:38

Thanks
I'm keen to have some in-game programming environment - preferably LUA (but beggars can't be choosers). A bit like Pi Minecraft - where you can use Python to build In-game.

The LUA Controllers is good - but the turtle option seemed familiar.
If you had any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sat Oct 03, 2015 16:05

basil60 wrote:I'm keen to have some in-game programming environment - preferably LUA (but beggars can't be choosers). A bit like Pi Minecraft - where you can use Python to build In-game.

Search the forum! There's just been a mod released that emulates that python interface.

As long as you stick to your singleplayer world, you might also do something simple as adding a command which executes a particular lua file on the fly. That'd be too insecure for a server, but in singleplayer it won't matter.

basil60 wrote:The LUA Controllers is good - but the turtle option seemed familiar.

The turtle mod is pretty old by now. Formspecs did change a bit since then. It's very likely that exiting the formspec isn't recognized correctly anymore. If you want to do something in lua, why not take a look at that mod and find out why it doesn't work as you want to? Fork it and apply all the changes you want to? This is open source after all :-) Just do so in the mod's thread :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

Return to Old Mods