[Mod] Farming [0.1.8]

freejack

by freejack » Thu Jan 16, 2014 18:24

PilzAdam wrote:
freejack wrote:oh you are an SA as your License shows........ Then why is it in default if not maintained.....? Geez you could of been helpful instead of just rude. Why follow the rules of the forum if you get answers like this? A simple reply would be better and helpful.

1) Wtf?!
2) Whats an "SA"?
3) Whats "your License"?
4) This isnt the farming mod that is in default.
5) I wasnt aware that it would sound rude.
6) You have to follow the rules of the forums because otherwise youll get banned.
7) What do you mean by "Simple Reply"? Nobody could have guessed that you thought that this is the mod that is in default, so a proper answer isnt possible.

No need VanessaE answered it. "SA" is Smart Ass with out spelling it out. I guess you don't work in retail or any type of sales. If you did you would understand not everyone new to what your selling (or presenting) is going to understand everything right off the bat. So you have to give a little. If you want to the community to go from stale to active, you have to give. Not be short or it will appear your rude. Then your possible community because a stale community. A proper answer is always possible, just think outside the box. Don't think everyone knows what you know. Also don't expect these forums to be the answer for everything. Some of this stuff is so buried, doing a search with this forum makes finding answers sometimes very frustrating.

I am trying to promote your game, it's hard when the help you need is short, and responses are not answers but anther question. May not seem like that to you, but that is how it comes across.

mathiaswolfgang

by mathiaswolfgang » Fri Jan 17, 2014 21:33

Sometimes I get very angry if I see posts like @PilzAdam
"I am the Boss." Do what I want or I ban you."
Is this your kind of helping people?
Somebody are not helping here in this forum.
If it means thats normal here, I can live without this forum.

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Fri Jan 17, 2014 22:07

mathiaswolfgang wrote:Sometimes I get very angry if I see posts like @PilzAdam

I dont think my post is not helpful; it may be in a tone that some people dont like (although if they would know me better they would see that it isnt meant offensive), but it basically contains an answer to the question.

freejack

by freejack » Sat Jan 18, 2014 07:33

PilzAdam wrote:
mathiaswolfgang wrote:Sometimes I get very angry if I see posts like @PilzAdam

I dont think my post is not helpful; it may be in a tone that some people dont like (although if they would know me better they would see that it isnt meant offensive), but it basically contains an answer to the question.

You could do better..........you know more than we do and sometimes a simple answer instead of a simple remark like your talking to a 12 year old helps. Some of us may have things to offer the community. The other reason I have migrated away from the other game is exactly that. I am too damn old with my own kids, nieces, & nephews trying to get them into a game that I can create and maintain, maybe possibly write a mod or 2 for with out some kid asking every 5 minutes can I have admin...... Get to know us too instead of seeing us and then coming across wrong.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sat Jan 18, 2014 14:02

freejack wrote:Also don't expect these forums to be the answer for everything. Some of this stuff is so buried, doing a search with this forum makes finding answers sometimes very frustrating.

I've experienced the same. Even when you know exactly what you're looking for, searching here is quite difficult. It sometimes helps to use a search engine instead of the integrated forum search.

The original misunderstanding seems to have been sorted out now. Looks like PilzAdam didn't get the meaning of the first posting and was thus unable to help, his sarcastic comment failed. Rephrasing the question and waiting for someone who can actually help is usually best.

If you like this mod, take a look at farming_plus. It adds new plants to farm (oranges, strawberries, potatoes, ...) and trees (banana, cocoa, rubber). That mod is also done by PilzAdam. He has created some very intresting ones.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Previous

Return to Old Mods