Ultra Projects! [Total Finished: 0]

TG-MyinaWD

GitHub: Maddie-Myina
IRC: Maddie-Myina
In-game: .

Ultra Projects! [Total Finished: 0]

by TG-MyinaWD » Thu Nov 06, 2014 01:59

Ultra Projects

Share yours, awesome builds you working on. as time goes on share more info.

Rules:
No posting more then one post. try keep in all in one post.
If have more to share use Spoilers.
No taking credits of, others work it has be yours own work. you can sure work you helping with but not just say oh I made this all by me. if so forum staff feel free remove.

+ My Great Huge Wall
I'm a Transgender no shame about it.
I prefer to be considered as a "Girl/Lady/Miss/Madam/Female" for now on.

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: Ultra Projects! [Total Finished: 0]

by rubenwardy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 07:49

This should be in maps or general discussion.

It is not obvious what this topic is about by looking at the topic title.

There is already a post like this called "post your buildings"

LazyJ

Re: Ultra Projects! [Total Finished: 0]

by LazyJ » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:03

Maybe by "Ultra Projects", Alt. Tester means the truly big project builds? Like towns, villages, full-sized castles and cathedrals, etc.

Alt. Tester wrote:Share yours, awesome builds you working on. as time goes on share more info.

Rules:
No posting more then one post. try keep in all in one post.
If have more to share use Spoilers.
No taking credits of, others work it has be yours own work. you can sure work you helping with but not just say oh I made this all by me. if so forum staff feel free remove.

I think what Alt. Tester means here is to keep the screenshots showing the progression of the build all in the same post instead of having multiple posts of the same project scattered about in this thread. Perhaps having a main image of the project displayed and then the progress screenshots kept in spoilers of the same post (with dated spoiler titles?). Spoilers won't reduce the threads load time (making the images smaller and compressing them can help that) but spoilers do help reduce the amount of scrolling through a long threads.

Currently I keep an eye on two screenshot threads.

1. The main screenshot thread, "Post Your Screenshots!" started by cisoun. This screenshot thread is a "free-for-all" where any screenshot gets posted to.

2. "Post your Buildings(screenshots)" started by rubberduck. This screenshot thread is intended for screenshots only of individual buildings.

rubberduck wrote:This is a topic for (bigger) buildings you made or found on a server.
Please don't post other things here (Landscapes, mod-related stuff, etc)
i opened this topic, because the post your screenshots-topic is full with other stuff, you have to search a lot of pages to find a few good buildings, most posts are landscape-screenshots and/or mod-related.

Having a screenshot thread dedicated to only "mega-builds" may be helpful to those wishing to find and study such screenshots.

rubberduck mentions another point about screenshots:
rubberduck wrote:i opened this topic, because the post your screenshots-topic is full with other stuff, you have to search a lot of pages to find a few good buildings, most posts are landscape-screenshots and/or mod-related.

Searching for stuff in these forums, as has been often mentioned by others, is frustrating. The forums' own search is so disfunctional that the recommended method is to search with Google: "forum.minest.net <what you are looking for>".

Doing things that help others to search or find things easier is a good idea.

By starting these seperate and distinct-purpose screenshot post, cisoun, rubberduck, Alt.Tester, may be indirectly indicating that Minetest.net forums could possibly benefit by having a sub-forum dedicated to screenshots with "stickies" dedicated to specific screenshot subjects.

"Post your Screenshots" is the established, anything-and-everything.

"Post your Buildings" is about individual buildings only.

"Ultra Projects" may be suited for large-scale projects like solars' "Karsthafen" that may not have their own dedicated thread. Their projects may be large-scale but not that large so a screenshot thread like "Ultra Projects" may be suitable.

"Modshots" - a sticky dedicated to screenshots of specific mods and how players have used them. Granted, such screenshots should also be in the respective mod threads but newcomers to Minetest may not know what mods are available or how other players have used them. By posting screenshots of these mods in the dedicated, screenshots sub-forum sticky "Modshots" (just a name I'm using for example) the mod may recieve more exposure.

"Landscapes" - a sticky dedicated to landscape screenshots from various mapgens or landscaping that players have created.

Ok, now that I've rambled slightly off-topic, post screenshots of your "Ultra Projects" here! ;)

Edits: The usual, long-winded sermon stuff - fixing typos, grammar, and patching together broken thoughts.
.: Minetest 0.4.14 ~ Linux Mint ~ A moka pot, a French press, a dirty coffee cup, and a spoiled-rotten kitty :.
Visit our Minetest server at: LinuxGaming2.com, port 30000
Screenshots, overview maps, and server info at: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5684
My blog: http://lazyjminetest.blogspot.com/

Return to Minetest-Related