MinetestMapperGui - Graphical userinterface for mtmapper

Glorfindel

GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

Re: MinetestMapperGui - Graphical userinterface for mtmapper

by Glorfindel » Sat Nov 07, 2015 23:17

I can't get it to build on my 32 bit ubuntu 15.10 installation. make gives the following errors (I did run qmake beforehand and it seemed to complete without errors)
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
minetest@minetest:~/Downloads/Minetest/minetestmapper/minetestmappergui$ make
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/uic mainwindow.ui -o ui_mainwindow.h
make: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/uic: Command not found
Makefile:227: recipe for target 'ui_mainwindow.h' failed
make: *** [ui_mainwindow.h] Error 127
minetest@minetest:~/Downloads/Minetest/minetestmapper/minetestmappergui$

Edit: it seems I have to install qt first, I'll try that.
Edit 2: same error :(

addi

by addi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 03:22

hi, It looks like you are using Qt4. You have to update to Qt5, than it should work.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
sudo apt-get install qt5-default qttools5-dev-tools
*Source: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... st12797782

please tell me if it works then.

Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Sun Nov 08, 2015 22:27

qt5-default was already installed, qttools5-dev-tools installed without errors. But executing make prints the same error :|
Maybe I should remove qt 4?
Edit: I ran qmake again, make seems to be working now...
It works!
now one more question, which doesn't really belong here I guess, but can I use this to make a map of a server too?

addi

by addi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 06:40

yes of course, just enable_local_map_saving = true in minetest.conf and visit the server.
Then you can generate a map(*.png) of your local map copy from the server you visited.

Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Mon Nov 09, 2015 16:10

Perfect! Thank you so much for this program!

Edit: ok, I seem to be on a roll today... new problem, with the minetestmapper c++ version and the builtin python version it complains of the same thing:
option --colors not defined

Argos

by Argos » Sat Nov 14, 2015 14:26

Glorfindel wrote:Perfect! Thank you so much for this program!

Edit: ok, I seem to be on a roll today... new problem, with the minetestmapper c++ version and the builtin python version it complains of the same thing:
option --colors not defined

I don't know whether you got this problem solved yet. Just in case (and for other people reading this):

Both the python version and the standard version of minetestmapper don't support the '--colors' option. They also don't support a whole lot of other options that MinetestMapperGui uses / needs.

ATM MinetestMapperGui really only works with my version of minetestmapper: https://github.com/Rogier-5/minetest-mapper-cpp.
My mods & tools:
My fork of Minetestmapper - much improved - features, manual, Windows downloads
[MOD] Wrench (rotate:wrench) - improved screwdriver alternative - manual, download

Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Mon Nov 16, 2015 15:56

Thanks!

twoelk

by twoelk » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:36

somehow I just can't get the profiles to work. Non seem to be saved. Must be missing something.

addi

by addi » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:47

Oh, Your right. The profile gets saved and loaded correctly. It does only not show up in the menubar. If you want, you can take a look into %appdata%/MinetestMapperGui/profiles/ folder, and check if they are there.

Thanks for reporting, Ill fix that asap.
Write profile "asdf" to: ".../AppData/Roaming/MinetestMapperGui/profiles/asdf.ini"
Reading profile ".../AppData/Roaming/MinetestMapperGui/profiles/asdf.ini"

addi

by addi » Wed Jun 22, 2016 15:03

Sorry, that you had to wait so long.

Here is a new (beta) release for Windows (x32). I had to reinstall my whole development environment some time ago due a HDD failure.
Also the Rogier-5's (aka Argos) minetest mapper is now compiled by me using Microsoft Visual C++ compiler 2015.
I tested it on various systems, but I cannot say if it works on all. So, please report any error you find, or any dll that is missing.
Reports that everything works are welcome too :-)
Thanks.

@twoelk the profiles should be visible now.

inetestMapperGui beta 24.1 MB

In the case it does not work, you can still download the old builds:
Setup Minetest Mapper Gui x32 (0.6.1.4).exe 15.1 MB (old but stable)
Setup Minetest Mapper Gui x64 (0.6.1.4).exe 16.3 MB (old but stable)

twoelk

by twoelk » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:24

no problem, the rest worked as usual.

I did indeed find the profile files and started playing with them. I do use all my Minetest stuff from a mobile harddisk though and tend to plug it into many different machines and often even different operating systems. I usually try to keep everything as portable as possible und would really appreciate a run_in_place version. That would also aid with my "Minetest-and-Tools-on-a-Stick" project.

I have not spend much time with the mapper lately due to having projects in different towns at the moment, In fact right know I'm packing again as I'm expected in Berlin in a few hours. I don't know wether I will have time to "play" this week but I should be back by the middle of next week as I have a little "project" in Hamburg-Finkenwerder that I'm allready all excited about. That is before the next project starts which will be in the Frankfurt area. Judging by the massive flooding in the last weeks that might be postponed by some weeks though.

cHyper

IRC: cHyper
In-game: cHyper

by cHyper » Mon Jun 27, 2016 18:59

addi wrote:Sorry, that you had to wait so long.

Here is a new (beta) release for Windows (x32). I had to reinstall my whole development environment some time ago due a HDD failure.
Also the Rogier-5's (aka Argos) minetest mapper is now compiled by me using Microsoft Visual C++ compiler 2015.
I tested it on various systems, but I cannot say if it works on all. So, please report any error you find, or any dll that is missing.
Reports that everything works are welcome too :-)
Thanks.

@twoelk the profiles should be visible now.

inetestMapperGui beta 24.1 MB

In the case it does not work, you can still download the old builds:
Setup Minetest Mapper Gui x32 (0.6.1.4).exe 15.1 MB (old but stable)
Setup Minetest Mapper Gui x64 (0.6.1.4).exe 16.3 MB (old but stable)

Beta build is great...

+1

Gael de Sailly

GitHub: Gael-de-Sailly
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:10

I don't manage to compile:
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.7.d383292\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -o mainwindow.o mainwindow.cpp
In file included from mainwindow.cpp:2:0:
ui_mainwindow.h:13:25: fatal error: QtGui/QAction: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
 #include <QtGui/QAction>
                         ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [mainwindow.o] Erreur 1
Very busy this year too, so do not expect me to be very active on the forum or in game. But I'm not about to drop Minetest forever :)

addi

by addi » Tue Jul 05, 2016 16:55

Which OS do you use?

Gael de Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Tue Jul 05, 2016 20:15

Ubuntu 14.04, 64-bits.
Very busy this year too, so do not expect me to be very active on the forum or in game. But I'm not about to drop Minetest forever :)

addi

by addi » Wed Jul 06, 2016 06:11

I have set up a vm and installed Ubuntu 14.04 64. Then I followed the Instruction how to install Qt on Ubuntu https://wiki.qt.io/Install_Qt_5_on_Ubuntu .
I compiled and run Minetestmappergui successful. I hope a more experienced Ubuntu user can help you, sorry :-(

twoelk

by twoelk » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:13

so
fatal error: QtGui/QAction: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
 #include <QtGui/QAction>
sort of translates to "could not find the referenced resources"?

maybe you could both compare the needed libraries to see what is different in your setups and what is missing. Maybe it is just a wrong path?

Gael de Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Wed Jul 06, 2016 20:45

addi wrote:Then I followed the Instruction how to install Qt on Ubuntu https://wiki.qt.io/Install_Qt_5_on_Ubuntu .

I suppose I don't need Qt Creator, only the libraries. How to get them?

twoelk wrote:so
fatal error: QtGui/QAction: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
 #include <QtGui/QAction>
sort of translates to "could not find the referenced resources"?

That's written in French. "Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type" litterally means "No file or directory like this".

addi

by addi » Wed Jul 06, 2016 21:22

hmm according to this, you have to run
"sudo apt-get install qt5-default"
in the command line.

Then navigate to MinetestMapperGui directory and run "qmake MinetestMapperGui.pro" and "make".

Gael de Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Thu Jul 07, 2016 08:34

qt5-default is installed on my computer, and that doesn't work.
But I've tried on my laptop (14.04 too). qt5-default wasn't installed, so I've installed it, and surprisingly it works.
I still get an impressive quantity of non-fatal error messages: is that normal?
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/uic mainwindow.ui -o ui_mainwindow.h
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/uic geometrywidget.ui -o ui_geometrywidget.h
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/uic configdialog.ui -o ui_configdialog.h
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -o main.o main.cpp
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -o mainwindow.o mainwindow.cpp
In file included from ui_mainwindow.h:43:0,
                 from mainwindow.cpp:2:
geometrywidget.h:52:96: warning: non-static data member initializers only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 [enabled by default]
     const QRegularExpression corners = QRegularExpression("(-?\\d*),(-?\\d*):(-?\\d*),(-?\\d*)");
                                                                                                ^
geometrywidget.h:53:104: warning: non-static data member initializers only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 [enabled by default]
     const QRegularExpression centerDimension = QRegularExpression("(-?\\d*),(-?\\d*):(-?\\d*)x(-?\\d*)");
                                                                                                        ^
geometrywidget.h:54:113: warning: non-static data member initializers only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 [enabled by default]
     const QRegularExpression cornerDimension = QRegularExpression("(-?\\d*)[,:](-?\\d*)[+-](-?\\d*)[+-](-?\\d*)");
                                                                                                                 ^
geometrywidget.h:55:117: warning: non-static data member initializers only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 [enabled by default]
     const QRegularExpression cornerDimensionAlternate = QRegularExpression("(\\d*)x(\\d*)[+]?(-?\\d+)?[+]?(-?\\d+)?");
                                                                                                                     ^
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -o colorlineedit.o colorlineedit.cpp
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -o geometrywidget.o geometrywidget.cpp
In file included from geometrywidget.cpp:1:0:
geometrywidget.h:52:96: warning: non-static data member initializers only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 [enabled by default]
     const QRegularExpression corners = QRegularExpression("(-?\\d*),(-?\\d*):(-?\\d*),(-?\\d*)");
                                                                                                ^
geometrywidget.h:53:104: warning: non-static data member initializers only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 [enabled by default]
     const QRegularExpression centerDimension = QRegularExpression("(-?\\d*),(-?\\d*):(-?\\d*)x(-?\\d*)");
                                                                                                        ^
geometrywidget.h:54:113: warning: non-static data member initializers only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 [enabled by default]
     const QRegularExpression cornerDimension = QRegularExpression("(-?\\d*)[,:](-?\\d*)[+-](-?\\d*)[+-](-?\\d*)");
                                                                                                                 ^
geometrywidget.h:55:117: warning: non-static data member initializers only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 [enabled by default]
     const QRegularExpression cornerDimensionAlternate = QRegularExpression("(\\d*)x(\\d*)[+]?(-?\\d+)?[+]?(-?\\d+)?");
                                                                                                                     ^
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -o configdialog.o configdialog.cpp
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/rcc -name minetestmappergui minetestmappergui.qrc -o qrc_minetestmappergui.cpp
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -o qrc_minetestmappergui.o qrc_minetestmappergui.cpp
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/moc -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I/home/gael/Github/minetestmappergui -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I/usr/include/c++/4.8 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/c++/4.8 -I/usr/include/c++/4.8/backward -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/include-fixed -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu -I/usr/include mainwindow.h -o moc_mainwindow.cpp
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -o moc_mainwindow.o moc_mainwindow.cpp
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/moc -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I/home/gael/Github/minetestmappergui -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I/usr/include/c++/4.8 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/c++/4.8 -I/usr/include/c++/4.8/backward -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/include-fixed -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu -I/usr/include colorlineedit.h -o moc_colorlineedit.cpp
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -o moc_colorlineedit.o moc_colorlineedit.cpp
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/moc -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I/home/gael/Github/minetestmappergui -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I/usr/include/c++/4.8 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/c++/4.8 -I/usr/include/c++/4.8/backward -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/include-fixed -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu -I/usr/include geometrywidget.h -o moc_geometrywidget.cpp
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -o moc_geometrywidget.o moc_geometrywidget.cpp
In file included from moc_geometrywidget.cpp:9:0:
                                                                                                ^
                                                                                                        ^
                                                                                                                 ^
                                                                                                                     ^
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/moc -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I/home/gael/Github/minetestmappergui -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I/usr/include/c++/4.8 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/c++/4.8 -I/usr/include/c++/4.8/backward -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/include-fixed -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu -I/usr/include configdialog.h -o moc_configdialog.cpp
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.6.1.3.dbb87a7\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -o moc_configdialog.o moc_configdialog.cpp
g++ -m64 -Wl,-O1 -o MinetestMapperGui main.o mainwindow.o colorlineedit.o geometrywidget.o configdialog.o qrc_minetestmappergui.o moc_mainwindow.o moc_colorlineedit.o moc_geometrywidget.o moc_configdialog.o   -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lQt5Widgets -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lQt5Gui -lQt5Core -lGL -lpthread

So I don't understand why it can't compile on my other computer, but I suppose I can transfer the executable to this computer.

addi

by addi » Thu Jul 07, 2016 08:48

Gael de Sailly wrote:qt5-default is installed on my computer, and that doesn't work.
But I've tried on my laptop (14.04 too). qt5-default wasn't installed, so I've installed it, and surprisingly it works.

hmm thats odd. Maybe it helps if you reinstall it? (sorry, I dont know much about linux)
Gael de Sailly wrote:I still get an impressive quantity of non-fatal error messages: is that normal?

I got them too while compiling in the vm. Maybe you have somehow to tell your compiler to use c++11. But since it says "enabled by default" I would just ignore it.

Ill apply the instructions to install qt5-default to fist post. It could be usefull for other users. Thanks for your patience.

Gael de Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Fri Jul 08, 2016 16:31

It works, thanks.
Only problem : it always starts with "Select World dir" at /home/gael and "Output image" at /home/gael/maps.png. I can't change that, even when I change the params in profiles/default.ini. What can I do?

addi

by addi » Fri Jul 08, 2016 18:38

looks like you found a bug.

The MapperGui calles this functions:
profile.beginGroup("general");//tab1 General
profile.setValue("path_OutputImage", ui->path_OutputImage->text());
profile.setValue("path_World", ui->path_World->text());
profile.setValue("backend",ui->backend->currentIndex());
profile.endGroup();

but Qt stores this information in the profile (seems only happen in ubuntu 14.4)
[%General]
backend=0
path_OutputImage=/home/addi/map.png
path_World=/home/addi/some modified folder

if it reads the profile it does not find "general" so it uses default values.
you could change lines 772 and 807 from profile.beginGroup("general"); to profile.beginGroup("qt_sucks"); to make it work.
Since it looks like a bug of the Qt framework, ill have to do some research about it.

Gael de Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Fri Jul 08, 2016 20:26

But it works for other settings. Why is there a "%" to "General" and not for other titles?

addi

by addi » Sat Jul 09, 2016 08:03

hmm
Qt Documentation wrote:The INI file format has severe restrictions on the syntax of a key. Qt works around this by using % as an escape character in keys. In addition, if you save a top-level setting (a key with no slashes in it, e.g., "someKey"), it will appear in the INI file's "General" section. To avoid overwriting other keys, if you save something using a key such as "General/someKey", the key will be located in the "%General" section, not in the "General" section.

But If it escapes "general" to "%General" than I would assume if I read from "general" it should read from "%General" :-/ It already does this on Windows, but it seems not on Ubuntu 14.4. :-(

There is a bug report, but it got closed a year ago.
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-31360

Hopefully I can find a workaround, else I would open a new ticket.
Is anybody affected by this not using Ubuntu 14.4? does this occur on other OS too?

Edit: there is a bug report which is still open and unresolved too:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-28893

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Sat Oct 08, 2016 18:49

Please add no installer .zip kinds of downloads. I had to extract exe one with Universal Extractor. It also had no qt.conf which gave me run error about windows. Excellent program though!

Also:
Unknown nodes:
default:acacia_leaves
default:acacia_tree
default:acacia_wood
default:aspen_leaves
default:aspen_tree
default:dirt_with_dry_grass
default:dry_grass_1
default:dry_grass_2
default:dry_grass_3
default:dry_grass_4
default:dry_grass_5
default:fence_junglewood
default:ladder_wood
default:meselamp
default:pine_needles
default:pine_tree
default:river_water_flowing
default:river_water_source
default:sign_wall_wood
default:stone_block
doors:trapdoor_steel
doors:trapdoor_steel_open
flowers:mushroom_brown
flowers:mushroom_red
stairs:slab_acacia_wood
stairs:slab_stone_block

addi

by addi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 06:12

Fixerol wrote:Please add no installer .zip kinds of downloads. I had to extract exe one with Universal Extractor.
Was there is something wrong with the Installer? Did it not work? Then please tell me that I can try to fix. I could bundle all files in a Zip file, but this would require much more work then using the Installer. Also the .zip file would not be portable. It would still require a Installation of the MSVCR and use the Registry and %Appdata% to store config and profiles. So thre is no benifit of a Zip file IMO.

Ill update the colors.txt file if I get some more time.

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:25

Thats just my tradition, I avoid installers at all times (since windows software ecosystem is minefield), I extracted it via special tool. Portable version much easier to operate, it worked for me after I added qt.conf from older version.

twoelk

by twoelk » Sun Oct 09, 2016 14:21

I just remembered - Addi could you please indeed supply a truly portable version that does not store information within some obscure system folder? I would like to carry the program around with me on a portable harddisk that I can plug into any machine I come along and still use my same settings just as it might be interesting to be able to transfer setting between different installations more easily.

For example I sometimes use the pc at work that is much more powerfull than anything I have at home. I do try to avoid anything writing to the registry of the host system or do try to keep the traces I leave on the host machine at the office to a bare minimum. To achieve this I quite often use software versions from the portableapps.com project. They also come with an installer and have access to an updating system. The file format is described here.

Think of a classroom project where the pupils each have an usb-stick with minetest on it. With this they can use the client in school to acces a school server and maybe use the mapper to explore world files they stored as local copies. After school they go home and likewise play minetest there from their usb-stick again using also the mapper maybe developing a new colors file to showcase something interesting. Back at school they exchange settings files with interesting settings for making maps.

addi

by addi » Mon Oct 10, 2016 09:44

I created a ticket about portable mode. https://bitbucket.org/adrido/minetestma ... table-mode
Because I does not want to maintain two versions of MinetestMapperGui my plan is to create a command line argument:
  -p, --portable  Starts in Portable Mode and writes settings and profiles to
                  current directory

If its set, MinetestMapperGui will use folders relative to the current one. I hope its OK.
I did never realy trust the portableapps.com project. Its really obscure that you require to install a portable program. For myself I would prefer a .zip file over portableapps.com.
@twoelk: If you have more experience and want that with protableappscom, could you please create the package?
Btw: The "obscure system folder" aka AppData is exactly that place where such data does belong to. I would wish Minetest would respect it too.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest-Related