MultiCraft – We hate Mojang :)

cHyper

IRC: cHyper
In-game: cHyper

Re: MultiCraft – Me hate Minetest and Mojang

by cHyper » Sun Feb 21, 2016 23:08

which mapgen is used in the windows build of MultiCraft?

Martin_Devil

GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by Martin_Devil » Sun Feb 21, 2016 23:12

cHyper wrote:which mapgen is used in the windows build of MultiCraft?

I like v6, but v7 and other work too.
I planning update subgame to latest minetest_game codebase and set default mapgen v7. Now I work on mobs (like cme!) :) and inventory (crafting inventory very old and slow :( )

sofar

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Fri Mar 25, 2016 20:19

License: LGPLv3, CC-BY-SA 3.0,
and a drop of proprietary code to the advertising module (for Android) and textures.

This is probably a violation of the Minetest license. How did you implement this?

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Fri Mar 25, 2016 20:46

sofar wrote:
License: LGPLv3, CC-BY-SA 3.0,
and a drop of proprietary code to the advertising module (for Android) and textures.

This is probably a violation of the Minetest license. How did you implement this?

No! Adversting libraries are proprietary and I have no right to publish them and my Private ID.
Just some graphics (eg icon, management and some textures) belong to my designer and he gave permission to use them only within the framework the project MultiCraft!
All source code is free.

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 21:06

Martin_Devil wrote:No! Adversting libraries are proprietary and I have no right to publish them

If you violate Minetest's license, you have no right to publish it.

Any modifications you make to Minetest's source code must be free, even if you add a call advert code from within one of Minetest's functions. Note I'm not a legal expert in this matter.

Solutions

Solution 1. Publish the full code with the advert code. You don't need to publish private IDs, these could be put in as part of your build process. Put your private ID in some file. Say ~/minetest_ad_key.txt. Then use cmake to define a #define PRIVATE_AD_KEY to then use in the add calls.

However, this may not be a valid solution.
It appears that it is illegal to use a propietary library in a GPL-like license.
So you may need to use solution 2.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en. ... atibleLibs
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en. ... WithNFLibs

Solution 2. Write the Java/Android/Manifest/Project entirely from scratch, and then display the ads from the Java code, not touching Minetest's code at all (unless you want to release any of Minetest's code you touch)
I'm not sure how Minetest is displayed from within an activity, so this may or may not.

You are allowed to create proprietary wrappers for Minetest.

Solution 3. Far fetched, I know, but remove ads.

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Fri Mar 25, 2016 21:11

rubenwardy wrote:
Martin_Devil wrote:No! Adversting libraries are proprietary and I have no right to publish them

If you violate Minetest's license, you have no right to publish it.

Any modifications you make to Minetest's source code must be free, even if you add a call advert code from within one of Minetest's functions. Note I'm not a legal expert in this matter.

Solutions

Solution 1. Publish the full code with the advert code. You don't need to publish private IDs, these could be put in as part of your build process. Put your private ID in some file. Say ~/minetest_ad_key.txt. Then use cmake to define a #define PRIVATE_AD_KEY to then use in the add calls.

However, this may not be a valid solution.
It appears that it is illegal to use a propietary library in a GPL-like license.
So you may need to use solution 2.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en. ... atibleLibs
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en. ... WithNFLibs

Solution 2. Write the Java/Android/Manifest/Project entirely from scratch, and then display the ads from the Java code, not touching Minetest's code at all (unless you want to release any of Minetest's code you touch)
I'm not sure how Minetest is displayed from within an activity, so this may or may not.

You are allowed to create proprietary wrappers for Minetest.

Solution 3. Far fetched, I know, but remove ads.

The ads is shown from Java. Do not c ++! I have a single file that I connect with NativeActivity (NativeActivity NDK uses only standard methods, which can not be replaced). I use 90% of your java code. I only use the Minetest code in java, which can not be rewritten, there is only one correct implementation.
But if I'm wrong in something, I'm ready to hear exactly what I had made a mistake and corrected within 48 hours.

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Fri Mar 25, 2016 21:23

Once again, briefly. I publish all of the code 100%!
I did not publish a few lines in the Manifest, a few lines in the src / MCNativeActivity and several adv lib.so
Manifest completely rewritten, MCNativeActivity rewritten as well, I did not change this:
https://github.com/MultiCraftProject/Mu ... y.java#L58
My java dev said that it is impossible to rewrite it NDK API, another implementation requires changes in the porting_android.cpp and will not be correct. I can ask him to give you a more accurate (in technical terms) answer. But in general, I gave an exhaustive answer. I can publish the source code to display ads, but not adv libs it will cause an error in the build. In java it is quite difficult to make patches.
Edit. And this LGPLv3, not GPL. I can use the proprietary shared libs

sofar

by sofar » Fri Mar 25, 2016 21:36

Martin_Devil wrote:Edit. And this LGPLv3, not GPL. I can use the proprietary shared libs

Does this proprietary shared library link against, or include, minetest code?

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Fri Mar 25, 2016 21:38

sofar wrote:
Martin_Devil wrote:Edit. And this LGPLv3, not GPL. I can use the proprietary shared libs

I do not quite understand you, I'm sorry. Can you repeat that? :(

sofar

by sofar » Fri Mar 25, 2016 21:43

Martin_Devil wrote:
sofar wrote:

I do not quite understand you, I'm sorry. Can you repeat that? :(

You can't include copies of LGPL code in proprietary shared libraries.

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Fri Mar 25, 2016 22:00

sofar wrote:You can't include copies of LGPL code in proprietary shared libraries.

I don't use LGPL code in proprietary shared libraries. They are fully free AND OPEN SOURCE!

ubuntu

by ubuntu » Fri Mar 25, 2016 22:45

Hi guys. I'm the one who develops java part for MultiCraft.
Let me clear. We don't use any proprietary code in shared libraries. And we don't have any proprietary shared libraries.
Ads are fully isolated from native code and used only in Java.

sofar

by sofar » Fri Mar 25, 2016 23:19

ubuntu wrote:Hi guys. I'm the one who develops java part for MultiCraft.
Let me clear. We don't use any proprietary code in shared libraries. And we don't have any proprietary shared libraries.

If that is done in modified versions of the Minetest-provided Java files, which are under the LGPL-2.1, then that is still an issue. The LGPL license of Minetest covers much more than just C++ code. It also covers large portions of the Lua and Java code that is part of the project.

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Fri Mar 25, 2016 23:36

sofar wrote:

If that is done in modified versions of the Minetest-provided Java files, which are under the LGPL-2.1, then that is still an issue. The LGPL license of Minetest covers much more than just C++ code. It also covers large portions of the Lua and Java code that is part of the project.

As I wrote before, as far as I know, java part does not use the Minetest LGPL code.
Some code may be the same in minetest and multicraft because it was recommended in android docs (which, I am sure, guided @sapier) or uses NDK API that does not have several embodiments. Realization reference to C++ only one and you can not overwrite it.
---
My colleague gives you a more complete answer in the morning. In any case, there is no violation of the LGPL.
(If I'm wrong and you think that I have something broke license, I will do my best to fix it! I do not want to violate the license, but I just can not publish the java code for display advertising without advertising *.jar, because it will break the build.)

ubuntu

by ubuntu » Fri Mar 25, 2016 23:54

sofar wrote:

Ad is realized as completely standalone class. In MCNativeActivity we just call one method from it.
Our java realization of course has common lines with Minetest-provided files but it's obvious. We're using built-in Android SDK methods as simple as possible. We'll rewrite some parts to avoid suspicion in using files provided by this respected community.

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Tue Mar 29, 2016 21:09

sofar wrote:

Hi again. I'm sorry, I'm interrupting you. I just wanted to inform you that the new changes on Github.
https://github.com/MultiCraftProject/Mu ... 0c6937b355
Java code almost completely rewritten. All resemblance, as my programmer appeal to JNI. They can not be rewritten without significant changes in porting_android.cpp.
At the github - ALL source code without adversting jar, Admanager.java and advertising identifier in the Manifest. I'm totally perform LGPLv3 now.

programmingchicken

GitHub: ProgrammingChicken
IRC: gamer chicken
In-game: gamerdude

Re: MultiCraft – We hate Mojang :)

by programmingchicken » Sat Aug 13, 2016 02:44

Too many ads, 0/10, just a minetest clone with no purpose. Apparently somehow it has went through several loopholes in the minetest licenses, but I don't really know.
I'm bold. I'm sarcastic. I'm PChicken.

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Sat Aug 13, 2016 08:43

programmingchicken wrote:Too many ads, 0/10, just a minetest clone with no purpose. Apparently somehow it has went through several loopholes in the minetest licenses, but I don't really know.

Loopholes? Perhaps you need to contact a lawyer if you do not understand the LGPL. :)

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 09:18

programmingchicken wrote:Too many ads, 0/10, just a minetest clone with no purpose. Apparently somehow it has went through several loopholes in the minetest licenses, but I don't really know.

If he rewrote the Java part by scratch, then the Java part is fine to make proprietary and so it's perfectly legal for him to add ads. You can use a LGPL project in a proprietary wrapper. If even a bit of Minetest code is in the java part, then the java part will be LGPL - and it's illegal to use proprietary code in a LGPL project. It's legally okay to monetise a LGPL project.

This has been discussed before, I think the result was that it's fine - but I'm not sure.

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Sat Aug 13, 2016 09:31

As you can see, java part completely rewritten. Also, I'm open to ideas or questions about the license of my project.
By the way, I plan to develop MultiCraft servers without any advertising and commerce.

SegFault22

MultiCraft = MinetestClone

by SegFault22 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 02:26

Minetest is not a Minecraft clone. Calling it as such totally invalidates this project in my vision. Minetest is substantially different from Minecraft, even if mod developers have only implemented Minecraft-related concepts until now (furnace with no fire, ingots made of 3 cubic feet of metal, saplings drop from leaves, tools made with two sticks and several metal ingots in the same recipe shapes as Minecraft, coal ore drops one coal lump, confusing signals with energy/power in Mesecons like Redstone, the list goes on...) - the substantial difference is that all of the mod code is independent of the engine, and the mod developers could make the default mods much different from Minecraft if they tried. The integration of a modding system into the game is alone enough to make Minetest not a "minecraft clone", only somewhat similar by having some shared concepts in the engine such as the world node system.

Our chunk system is cubic by default, yet Minecraft can only have cubic chunks by hacking it with a direct modification of the code, and then it runs sub-optimally and frequently has errors that at worst cause the world to be corrupted and unusable, or at least deleting the contents of entire chunks (like playing russian roulette with a grenade launcher)

ParaklataChotou

GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

by ParaklataChotou » Sat Oct 08, 2016 17:49

rubenwardy wrote:The UI for Andriod is better than the Minetest app, and supports multiple worlds. However, apart from that there's not much difference that I can see.
Open Source, btw. I noticed that you've misspelt that every where :D

One question: The Multicraft servers are compatible with minetest servers? And congrats with this app; it's cool, amazing and brings control panel for protection. Excellent job.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Mon Oct 10, 2016 16:41

ParaklataChotou wrote:
rubenwardy wrote:The UI for Andriod is better than the Minetest app, and supports multiple worlds. However, apart from that there's not much difference that I can see.

One question: The Multicraft servers are compatible with minetest servers? And congrats with this app; it's cool, amazing and brings control panel for protection. Excellent job.

I guess they didn't changed so much stuff... I think that this "MultiCraft" can be compatible with Minetest servers...
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Mon Oct 10, 2016 22:08

MineYoshi wrote:
ParaklataChotou wrote:

I guess they didn't changed so much stuff... I think that this "MultiCraft" can be compatible with Minetest servers...

Yes that's right. In fact, I have a little change in the client. This more changes for the Android port, and MultiCraft_game.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Tue Oct 11, 2016 21:26

Martin_Devil wrote:
MineYoshi wrote:
ParaklataChotou wrote:One question: The Multicraft servers are compatible with minetest servers? And congrats with this app; it's cool, amazing and brings control panel for protection. Excellent job.

Yes that's right. In fact, I have a little change in the client. This more changes for the Android port, and MultiCraft_game.

So, is this an "improvement" to the connection?
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Tue Oct 11, 2016 21:31

MineYoshi wrote:So, is this an "improvement" to the connection?

Not sure I fully understand you.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Wed Oct 12, 2016 00:34

Martin_Devil wrote:

Sorry, me means that if this "change" adds something better to the connection to servers?

Martin_Devil

by Martin_Devil » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:56

MineYoshi wrote:
Martin_Devil wrote:

Sorry, me means that if this "change" adds something better to the connection to servers?

I understood. No, MultiCraft there is a change only in the main menu, subgame, singleplayer.

ParaklataChotou

GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

by ParaklataChotou » Wed Oct 12, 2016 14:28

But also it's excessive say that "we hate mojang". Minecraft community sucks, but... Minecraft is a good game, and notch and the Minecraft team doesn't deserve hate. They're cool people. And Minetest is not 'a ripoff' - that's not true.
Multicraft is a good project; brings control panel for family protection, and subscription using email. It's excellent. But don't say about hate because this project wouldn't get so much support for the community.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Wed Oct 12, 2016 17:30

ParaklataChotou wrote:But also it's excessive say that "we hate mojang". Minecraft community sucks, but... Minecraft is a good game, and notch and the Minecraft team doesn't deserve hate. They're cool people. And Minetest is not 'a ripoff' - that's not true.

As far i know... MineCraft (n' Mojang) was bought by Microsoft, since that, MineCraft became popular, but some old members actually say that isn't like before, that became something boring... Also i think that Notch actually doesn't work anymore in MineCraft...

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest-Related