GitHub: blert2112

[Windows] blert's experimental 64bit build w/ irrlicht 1.8.5

by blert2112 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 02:09

Download

Built on ArchLinux with minGW.

minetest .. 0.4.14-f21dae6
minetest_game .. 619ac52

(compiled by me)
luajit .. 2.1-f6f838f (http://luajit.org/ branch: v2.1)
spatialindex .. 1.8.5-34fd22b (http://libspatialindex.github.io/ branch: master)
gmp .. 6.1.99-17068 (https://gmplib.org/ branch: unstable)
irrlicht .. 1.8.5-5325 (http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/ branch: 1.8)

(mingw-w64 packages)
zlib .. 1.2.8
sqlite .. 3.13.0
curl .. 7.48.0
gettext .. 0.19.7
vorbis .. 1.3.5
ogg .. 1.3.2
freetype .. 2.6.5

(pre-compiled)
openal .. 1.17.2 (http://www.openal-soft.org/)
ncurses .. 6.0.20160806
Last edited by blert2112 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 04:54, edited 8 times in total.

blert2112

Re: [Windows] blert's experimental 64bit build w/ irrlicht 1

by blert2112 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 16:59

70+ views and no feedback? Anybody trying this out?

Anyway... I updated the build with fresh builds of everthing. SQLite3 bumped to v3.13.0, OpenAL bumped to v1.17.2

Curl is up to v 7.50.0 but, although I can compile it just fine, it does not seem to like working with MineTest (prebuilt library doesn't either) so I might look deeper into it, might not.

I tried Irrlicht 1.9 but again, though it compiles fine and all the demos work, it does not seem to work with Minetest.

D3D9 probably doesn't work. Irrlicht is compiled with support for it but, even though all the demos work, it does not work in MineTest. If I could find a copy of the D3DSDK from summer of 2004 it would probably work since that is the last SDK release before MS started changing the DLL names.

I had planned on releasing weekly builds (since I make them for myself anyway). Is there any interest here for a "bleeding edge" Minetest build? If there is no interest I won't bother.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Fri Aug 05, 2016 17:45

I would say that no anwer means that everything runs fine for those who downloaded the binary ;)
When the developers aren't active it's not required to make a build all week - perhaps all two weeks?
Also, can you support gettext too? The users of your builds will be happy about that.

blert2112 wrote:Is there any interest here for a "bleeding edge" Minetest build? If there is no interest I won't bother.

I have the same problem. There's no download counter but sometimes I see a screenshot with the -dev_MSVC version tailing, so I assume there are still some players around who are interested in these builds.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

blert2112

by blert2112 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 18:13

Thanks for the reply!
Hopefully, it is working fine for the folks who tried it out. :)
Of course, I would really only rebuild when something interesting has happened in one of the various projects, if it's just a "whitespace" or similar it's not worth the bother. Browsing through the commits of some of the libraries you find many "memory leak fixed here", "crash fixed there" and "speed boost for yada". The libraries that come with the official MT download are a bit dated.
Yes, I can easily add GetText. If I don't get sidetracked by catching up on KillJoys this evening I will get it in there.
I think I will add a version tail to my build to see if I can also catch a glimpse of it in use in someones screenshot, thanks for the idea.

blert2112

by blert2112 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 04:58

Changing things up here. Making a truly "bleeding edge" build is a bitch to say the least and takes a huge amount of time. Too much dependency hell to battle through. So, I have decided to track what I think are the four most important libraries (luajit, spatialindex, gmp, and irrlicht). I will still keep the others up to date as they are officially released but I won't be paying attention to the dev repos or building them myself.

I put up a new build with GetText and nCurses. Also added the "2112" tag to the version string so that if there are any problems it can't be accidentally blamed on any other build.

Note: GMP works best when compiled on your machine. The included dll is compiled on an Intel Broadwell CPU but it should work fine on any x86-64 CPU. If you recompile the dll you should be able to just drop it in.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Sun Aug 07, 2016 19:09

blert2112 wrote:70+ views and no feedback? Anybody trying this out?

Nice build, if i say so...
This one has very good performance!
Great work!
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

blert2112

by blert2112 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 02:38

MineYoshi wrote:Nice build, if i say so...
Great work!

Thanks! I really appreciate it.
I also think it has quite good performance. Not sure if it is placebo effect, wishful thinking, or real as I have not run any comparisons. It does "feel" much better than my old personal builds that used old dll versions. That said, all credit has to go to the devs of the supporting libraries (and the Minetest devs), all I did was tell 'cmake' where everything lived. Well, maybe there was more to it than that, it took a lot of research and time to get things set up and built nicely. Seriously, the libraries in the default builds really need to be updated. Some of the commits are fairly serious.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Mon Aug 08, 2016 23:11

blert2112 wrote:
MineYoshi wrote:Nice build, if i say so...
Great work!

Thanks! I really appreciate it.
I also think it has quite good performance. Not sure if it is placebo effect, wishful thinking, or real as I have not run any comparisons. It does "feel" much better than my old personal builds that used old dll versions. That said, all credit has to go to the devs of the supporting libraries (and the Minetest devs), all I did was tell 'cmake' where everything lived. Well, maybe there was more to it than that, it took a lot of research and time to get things set up and built nicely. Seriously, the libraries in the default builds really need to be updated. Some of the commits are fairly serious.

Well...
Great work...
Looks like you put some effort in this...
Thanks!
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

mahmutelmas06

GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 17:47

I dont feel so much performance difference but i would say it works well on windows 7 64bit
My Mods:

Beverage

Dopium

by Dopium » Thu Aug 11, 2016 08:03

Nice build runs well, just a suggestion can you add a changes log spoiler with each build. That way we know what changes have been made from build to build.

blert2112

by blert2112 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 04:51

Updated!
Another week and some good stuff has happened with Minetest.

Dopium wrote:Nice build runs well, just a suggestion can you add a changes log spoiler with each build. That way we know what changes have been made from build to build.

Well, I could, but to be honest I'm lazy. Look at the first post, I have noted the latest commit for each item I have built. You can visit the various repos to see what has changed.

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sun Aug 14, 2016 07:37

blert2112 wrote:Well, I could, but to be honest I'm lazy.

They get away from your lazyness and use
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
git log --pretty=format:%s HEAD~40..HEAD

to get last 40 commit messages. Spoiler around and done. I'm using this in a script and additionally mark interesting commits (from the player's view) bold in the release post.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Return to Minetest Builds