[macOS/OS X] Neoascetic's nightly builds and others

sinopoli29

Re: [macOS/OS X] Neoascetic's nightly/stable builds and othe

by sinopoli29 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 00:42

Stable release packages

Here are the latest stable build and builds for older versions of OS X:

Minetest—latest stable version (for 10.9 Mavericks and later)
Minetest 0.4.12 (10.10 Yosemite)
Minetest 0.4.11 (10.10 Yosemite)
Minetest 0.4.11 (10.6+ Snow Leopard; contributed build by davidak)
Minetest 0.4.10 (10.9 Mavericks)

Is it just me, or does the latest stable version from the main post lead to a 404 page? I am looking for the non-dev version of 0.4.15 that can run on 10.9.5 Mavericks.
--Mark Sinopoli

Morn76

GitHub: mdoege

by Morn76 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 14:45

sinopoli29 wrote:Is it just me, or does the latest stable version from the main post lead to a 404 page? I am looking for the non-dev version of 0.4.15 that can run on 10.9.5 Mavericks.

Maybe GitHub has automatically culled the older stable releases? (They might have space limit for releases.) You'd have to ask neoascetic about that.

neoascetic

GitHub: neoascetic
IRC: neoascetic
In-game: neoascetic

by neoascetic » Fri Jan 13, 2017 20:22

Actually, AFAIK there is no limits for releases on GitHub, but I've switched to travis-based cron jobs (see this travis file) and didn't setup stable builds (simply because it's easier for me), but there are releases for each day now and they won't be removed.

If you really interested in stable builds, feel free to open a pull request! And for now, could you change the URL to the stable build, please? Thank you!

Morn76

by Morn76 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 22:31

neoascetic wrote:If you really interested in stable builds, feel free to open a pull request! And for now, could you change the URL to the stable build, please? Thank you!

OK, I've removed the link from the first post.

I agree however that stable MT builds are a bit overrated, because 99% of the time the latest git version of MT works just fine. However, sometimes noobs have bad luck and download precisely on the day there is a broken version. Therefore, my vote would be to upload stable releases to GitHub too again. Maybe you should even put them in a separate repo so they are easier to find and don't get swamped by daily builds.

neoascetic

GitHub: neoascetic
IRC: neoascetic
In-game: neoascetic

by neoascetic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 07:56

Probably we may use homebrew to get the latest stable and my repo for dailies.

I'll try to setup stable build when I have free time.

acheron

Re: [macOS/OS X] Neoascetic's nightly builds and others

by acheron » Sun Jan 15, 2017 17:00

Hi, thank you for caring 'bout us OS X users...

I have problems with your latest builds, my OS X 10.11.6 says the binaries are for 10.12 only. Is this on purpose?

Morn76

by Morn76 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 18:47

acheron wrote:Hi, thank you for caring 'bout us OS X users...

I have problems with your latest builds, my OS X 10.11.6 says the binaries are for 10.12 only. Is this on purpose?

Looking at neoascetic's .travis.yml file, I'd say yes, the builds are for 10.12:
https://github.com/krondor-game/minetest/blob/builds-osx/.travis.yml#L2
I guess you will have to use homebrew to get MT on 10.11.

acheron

by acheron » Wed Jan 18, 2017 18:23

Where does homebrew get it's stable builds? Can't I just download it from there?

Morn76

by Morn76 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 19:12

acheron wrote:Where does homebrew get it's stable builds?

Homebrew currently has "bottles" (i.e. binary packages) for Sierra, El Capitan, and Yosemite, somewhere on its servers I assume: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-games/blob/master/minetest.rb#L15 I think they compile it themselves using the recipe.

You can also use Homebrew to compile the latest git version (with "--HEAD" I believe).

superfly

GitHub: whodafly
IRC: superfly
In-game: superfly

by superfly » Sat Feb 04, 2017 02:18

I just wanted to chime in on the mouse movement problem. I'm using Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and I've had the mouse problem for the last few versions of Minetest. Currently using 0.4.14.

I've also experienced the bottom of the pointer problem, which seems to be related to resizing the window from the initial size. If I leave the window at the initial size, the pointer is spot on, but if I resize the window then the point moves to the bottom right.

acheron

by acheron » Tue Feb 07, 2017 16:06

Hi,

what is your mouse movement problem? On the first page of this thread, it says

Looking around with the trackpad/mouse can become sluggish when the frame rate hits 60 fps. Increasing your fps_max in minetest.conf (e.g., "fps_max = 200") helps if this issue bothers you. Patches or pull requests to solve this bug are welcome. :-)

This worked for me, I set it to fps_max 80. (macmini early 2009, OS X 10.11.6, minetest 0.4.14).

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Tue Feb 07, 2017 18:45

superfly wrote:I've also experienced the bottom of the pointer problem, which seems to be related to resizing the window from the initial size. If I leave the window at the initial size, the pointer is spot on, but if I resize the window then the point moves to the bottom right.

Got the same thing. I can get around by editing the conf file but my less experienced players don't know how. Same goes for fps_max bug.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

Previous

Return to Minetest Builds