A Subgame Mod Suggestion Page

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

A Subgame Mod Suggestion Page

by jordan4ibanez » Tue Nov 22, 2016 23:10

I'm trying to throw together a subgame which is built for latest (IE 0.4.15 prerelease), something that contains mods which add a ton of fun things to do in the game/exploration/mechanics/special realms/etc but doesn't slow down the server as it's running to a crawl. (Like Feed the beast in Minecraft) I've looked all over and found some great mods, and I created a pretty fun rough draft of something I'd like to release on here. (A rough draft if you want to try it) But I can't seem to get what I'm looking for on my own. If you'd like, you can help me in my journey to create a massive modpack which will absolutely pack the game with a ton of things to do from the getgo, only to become a gigantic, complex world, being able to make factories, farms, anything you'd like after you've gathered more and more resources to make it happen.

These are some of the things I'm looking for:
  • new gameplay elements
  • other areas to explore
  • new biomes that don't overwrite default biomes
  • new mechanics (fishing, farming huge farms, etc)
  • new trees and flora to the terrain
  • mobs that are challenging yet don't completely overpower you or destroy the terrain
  • vehicles
  • server utilities
  • little things that you think should be in the game (Like particles, or splash particles when you're in water)
  • and anything you can think of that you'd like to see in a game mode!

Just throw in a link to anything you would like to see added. Could possibly form a team to go through each one of the mods. Anyways, tell me what you think!
If you can think it, you can make it.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: A Subgame Mod Suggestion Page

by MineYoshi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 23:26

I have some advices about this:
Many mods can make incompatibility when running....

Try to order mods in folders likely "MOBS", "BLOCKS", etc... Justly to find them easily.

So, technically is justly a modpack to make the "perfect" Gameplay. Then i would like that you add this mod: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14203 It has vehicles and is very good. If you need help about better textures, i can do them.

Good luck doin' this! :)
Last edited by MineYoshi on Tue Nov 22, 2016 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Tue Nov 22, 2016 23:27

MineYoshi wrote:First try to make it run! Many mods can make incompatibility between mods.... Also, try to make it ordered. Because if you're only gonna add stuff without even having idea of where you put then i think it isn't a good idea.

Try to order mods in folders likely "MOBS", "BLOCKS", etc...

So, technically is justly a modpack to make the "perfect" Gameplay. Then i would like that you add this mod: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14203 It has vehicles and is very good. If you need help about better, i can do them.

That's a good idea, I'll make the basis for it right now!

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 23:31

jordan4ibanez wrote:
MineYoshi wrote:First try to make it run! Many mods can make incompatibility between mods.... Also, try to make it ordered. Because if you're only gonna add stuff without even having idea of where you put then i think it isn't a good idea.

Try to order mods in folders likely "MOBS", "BLOCKS", etc...

So, technically is justly a modpack to make the "perfect" Gameplay. Then i would like that you add this mod: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14203 It has vehicles and is very good. If you need help about better, i can do them.

That's a good idea, I'll make the basis for it right now!

I've tested the subgame, it runs a bit slow... But well, nothing to be so afraid. I decided to see inside the folder and it has many mods... Actually it's running good for being Windows 8 in AMD Athlon II x64 Dual Core, Nvidia Gforce 7025 and a simple DDR2 2Gb RAM!

Good work until now i must say!
Also please add the vehicles mod i linked :)
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Tue Nov 22, 2016 23:40

Yeah it's designed for at least 4gb ram haha, it's a huge modpack. This one I'm going to make sure runs with 2GB ram and avoiding using music for as long as possible, unless it's very compressed and below 1MB per music file.

Also here is the community pack github https://github.com/jordan4ibanez/Community-Pack

Edit: I could not add that vehicles mod because it has a weird way of detecting is_ground and it can only be placed on stone!

Edit: Added in mobs redo and nssm!

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Wed Nov 23, 2016 00:35

jordan4ibanez wrote:Yeah it's designed for at least 4gb ram haha, it's a huge modpack. This one I'm going to make sure runs with 2GB ram and avoiding using music for as long as possible, unless it's very compressed and below 1MB per music file.

Also here is the community pack github https://github.com/jordan4ibanez/Community-Pack

Edit: I could not add that vehicles mod because it has a weird way of detecting is_ground and it can only be placed on stone!

Edit: Added in mobs redo and nssm!

Well... I fix that issue tomorrow... Anyways, good work :)

Return to Subgame Discussion