A Bukkit plugin to integrate Minetest into Minecraft

Jaja

In-game: Jaja

A Bukkit plugin to integrate Minetest into Minecraft

by Jaja » Thu Dec 24, 2015 08:38

Would it be a good idea to make a Bukkit plugin that lets MineTest users join Minecraft servers?

benrob0329

GitHub: Benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

Re: A Bukkit plugin to integrate Minetest into Minecraft

by benrob0329 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 08:46

That'd be next to impossible, different languages, different licensing terms, different network API, different save mechanism, It'd be like trying to take the engine out of a Mustang and putting it into a Ferrari.

(Spell check is not cooperating with me tonight...)

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 09:10

-1 nope nope nope... Minetest is it's own game, as is Minecraft so let's keep them separate.

Jaja

In-game: Jaja

by Jaja » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:29

Oh okay, fair enough

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 19:52

It would theoretically be possible, using a proxy rather than a Bukkit plugin. The proxy would appear to be a client from the Minecraft server's point of view, and would appear to be a server to the Minetest client point of view. It would translate the MC blocks and items to MT blocks and items, and would relay MT movements to MC. However, it would be very difficult and time consuming to create such as a proxy as neither games' protocols are well documented.

Different languages won't be a problem, as they are communicating via network packets. Licensing may be a problem if you're implementing a program that uses the MC protocol - however there are already applications that do this. Different save mechanisms won't be a problem, as surely it's all saved server side.

Minetest is a different game. Just buy MC if you want to play on MC servers. You'd be hard pressed finding a good programmer willing to develop such a thing, and spend countless hours doing so. Unless you're willing to pay them loads.

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:16

+10000000000000000
It would be awesome. We could swear all the time and grief everything. And ban all the admins and the proceed to make minecart lagtracks and flood the servers with lava and kill everyone and crash the server and then DDOS the owners. There would be chaos and text-rape everywhere. Nothing would ever be better for a game like Minetest then this.

Kpenguin

IRC: Kpenguin
In-game: Kpenguin

by Kpenguin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 14:16

ABJ wrote:+10000000000000000
It would be awesome. We could swear all the time and grief everything. And ban all the admins and the proceed to make minecart lagtracks and flood the servers with lava and kill everyone and crash the server and then DDOS the owners. There would be chaos and text-rape everywhere. Nothing would ever be better for a game like Minetest then this.

I hope that's sarcasm. :)
supertuxkart.net

"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Players will always find the hidden flaw in your master plan; If there's no hidden flaw, it's against the rules; If it isn't against the rules, one player will convince the others it is. - Murphy's 2nd Law of Gaming

All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

wilkgr76

GitHub: wilkgr76
IRC: wilkgr
In-game: wilkgr

by wilkgr76 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 23:48

Kpenguin wrote:

It's not afaik. Have you seen his other posts? He's a griefer (or wants to be one).
I do not care.

Gael de Sailly

GitHub: Gael-de-Sailly
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Sun Mar 27, 2016 22:29

You want Minetest to be Minecraft? Play Minecraft.

And leave both games separate.
Very busy this year too, so do not expect me to be very active on the forum or in game. But I'm not about to drop Minetest forever :)

Gael de Sailly

GitHub: Gael-de-Sailly
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly

by Gael de Sailly » Sun Mar 27, 2016 22:45

ABJ wrote:There would be chaos and text-rape everywhere. Nothing would ever be better for a game like Minetest then this.

Nothing more is needed for instantly losing any reputation forever and being insulted by the whole Earth's gaming community.

That's like committing a multiple homicide just to become famous.
Very busy this year too, so do not expect me to be very active on the forum or in game. But I'm not about to drop Minetest forever :)

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Mon Mar 28, 2016 19:52

See, the normal player of Minecraft is a rat kid that his fathers don't say him what's wrong and what's ok!

So, they insult in servers and grief because they don't know that's wrong, is because the fathers in some aspect, the kids are guilty too!

I keep here, because the Minetest community is made by people, that respects and know what is be kind!

The people here respects, i can go to MC but his community is horrible!
also MC have some content that isn't good in the aspect of my faith!

So i play Minetest, is a good game that don't have anything bad!
And his community is the best!
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

wilkgr76

GitHub: wilkgr76
IRC: wilkgr
In-game: wilkgr

by wilkgr76 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 05:14

I mostly agree, MineYoshi, but some people are bad. But, yes, far fewer griefers here than in that other voxel game.
I do not care.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Tue Mar 29, 2016 22:52

Well...

Anyways, is better keep the games separated, something that mostly people here say!

It's a good idea, only the Minecraft community do it hard, we don't want that people here, so it's better don't do it in some aspects!
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt

ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 15:32

wilkgr76 wrote:
Kpenguin wrote:

It's not afaik. Have you seen his other posts? He's a griefer (or wants to be one).

Oh I'll tell you what. I'm not a griefer nor want to be one. That was a WAS. And I never wanted DDOSing or swearing and text rape and the like. Such things even the griefer me would consider dirty.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Jul 01, 2016 16:58

Minetest is not a derpy clone of minecrap$!! >:| really it's another game! different engines and only the gameplay can be similar in some points...if you wanna play minecrap$ buy it or get a cracked one. Allright don't take it bad :)
MineYoshi wrote:See, the normal player of Minecraft is a rat kid that his fathers don't say him what's wrong and what's ok!

So, they insult in servers and grief because they don't know that's wrong, is because the fathers in some aspect, the kids are guilty too!

I keep here, because the Minetest community is made by people, that respects and know what is be kind!

The people here respects, i can go to MC but his community is horrible!
also MC have some content that isn't good in the aspect of my faith!

So i play Minetest, is a good game that don't have anything bad!
And his community is the best!

Very true!

When we get to it? :D
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

ABJ

by ABJ » Fri Jul 01, 2016 17:40

Of course, there are some very bad people in Minetest. Not as senseless as MC, not most of them even, but like some people I've encountered, and still encounter, and, last year, much to my regret, myself as well. But I am trying to improve, while these people seem sadly to be staying as they are. I will be patient with them, as it has been proven that I can't get them the way I tried to last year, and this post is no insult to even ONE of them who have insulted me, but I am just mentioning it because it exists to some extent here.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Fri Jul 01, 2016 23:23

About the "bukkit" plugin, may be a nice thing to do, if you find a nice to person or server to play in...
That plugin, can be a nice experiment to see what Minetest really can do!
If we have map importer and texture converter, this plugin can be the next step to say that Minetest it's better than Minecraft...
But anyways with the enough coding skill this can be possible...

But being sincerely i don't know, if the people only use Minetest for play Minecraft and join those servers, then the Minetest community will be very same to the Minecraft one...

Return to Minetest Features