Minetest is not responding. (Client Tab Crash)

WinkingBaby

In-game: WinkingBaby

Minetest is not responding. (Client Tab Crash)

by WinkingBaby » Sun Dec 25, 2016 05:12

My friend is having an issue with his game. He's too lazy to post anything here so I decided to do it for him. He has a ton of issues. He can't click on the client/serverlist tab until he's loaded up a world then quits and tries again. Also, if he tries to move a file into the minetest folders while Minetest is launched it crashes and when he tries to restart after that it just opens and stops responding immediately. He found a fix for it though. In order to get the game to open without not responding he has to delete the minetest.conf file. He told me he gets no errors in his cmd each time the game crashes/freezes.
Last edited by WinkingBaby on Tue Dec 27, 2016 01:04, edited 1 time in total.

Gael de Sailly

GitHub: Gael-de-Sailly
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly

Re: Minetest is not responding.

by Gael de Sailly » Sun Dec 25, 2016 21:23

Could you show your debug.txt? It will help to understand the problem.

What OS is he using? and how has he installed Minetest? AFAIK it's not a very common bug.
Very busy this year too, so do not expect me to be very active on the forum or in game. But I'm not about to drop Minetest forever :)

WinkingBaby

by WinkingBaby » Sun Dec 25, 2016 22:53

Will ask him for the debug when I'm home. He's running Windows 7 and is using the portable version 64bit.

WinkingBaby

by WinkingBaby » Tue Dec 27, 2016 01:03

Gael de Sailly wrote:Could you show your debug.txt? It will help to understand the problem.

What OS is he using? and how has he installed Minetest? AFAIK it's not a very common bug.

Whenever he get's the client tab crash it displays this :
-------------
Separator
-------------

2016-12-26 18:42:47: [Main]: Automatically selecting world at [C:\Users\matt\Downloads\minetest-0.4.15-win64\minetest-0.4.15-win64\bin\..\worlds\huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh]

It doesn't say anything else. No errors or anything. While the game is running though and he tries to open the client tab he gets a bunch of texture errors in the cmd. None of it is saved to the debug though.

We just figured out why his game crashes after launching the game before hand. Pretty much in order to go to the client tab to join a server he has to load a world up first then he can use the client tab. He does this pretty much everytime we play because we play on the same server. So pretty much Minetest saves what tab you were on the last time you launched the game. Since he only plays on my server he always closes the game on that tab meaning the game will crash on launch because he can't load a world then go to the client tab. So the temporary fix would be to close the game while on the singleplayer tab in order to prevent crashing. If anyone has a fix for the client tab crashing it would be nice.

Edit: Was also reading how disabling public serverlist will fix it, but it would be best if he would be able to join public servers.

Return to Minetest Problems