Constant spinning without moving mouse.

WinkingBaby

In-game: WinkingBaby

Constant spinning without moving mouse.

by WinkingBaby » Mon Dec 26, 2016 04:35

Yeah, I know, I've been posting here alot. This is for a friend btw. Pretty much my friend's mouse just constantly spins while trying to play minetest. This happens in no other games. I have no clue why this might happen.

CuriousNoob

Re: Constant spinning without moving mouse.

by CuriousNoob » Mon Dec 26, 2016 15:22

WinkingBaby wrote:my friend's mouse just constantly spins while trying to play minetest

After launching a world or joining a server, does it only spin and never ever rectify itself..?

Or is it only bursts of spinning now and then, with normal behaviour in between..?

I ask because I too suffer sporadic episodes of in-game spinning, but I had assumed it was somehow related to my use of an optical-mouse on a surface which often sees fluff and hairs making the mouse jiggle out-of-game as well as in-game.

The in-game high-speed spinning, normally with the view tilting-up to directly overhead, is for me always rectified by lifting the mouse off the surface and blowing across the LED-window.

HTH :)

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Mon Dec 26, 2016 15:40

Does your friend have a joystick connected to his computer? I noticed that when I had mine connected, the throttle controlled the player in that it would make the player spin. If the throttle is in the center though, the player stops. I've had it happen without the joystick in the past once or twice, but restarting MT did the trick.

If this is the case, know that I've requested that the joystick controls be reworked ;P

Try having your friend disconnect extra devices like that, maybe he can find what is causing the problem.
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

WinkingBaby

by WinkingBaby » Tue Dec 27, 2016 00:37

CuriousNoob wrote:.
WinkingBaby wrote:my friend's mouse just constantly spins while trying to play minetest

After launching a world or joining a server, does it only spin and never ever rectify itself..?

Or is it only bursts of spinning now and then, with normal behaviour in between..?

I ask because I too suffer sporadic episodes of in-game spinning, but I had assumed it was somehow related to my use of an optical-mouse on a surface which often sees fluff and hairs making the mouse jiggle out-of-game as well as in-game.

The in-game high-speed spinning, normally with the view tilting-up to directly overhead, is for me always rectified by lifting the mouse off the surface and blowing across the LED-window.

HTH :)

It's not really spirratic. It's just happens when he slightly moves his mouse. Will tell him to clean his mouse sensor though.

WinkingBaby

by WinkingBaby » Tue Dec 27, 2016 01:03

octacian wrote:Does your friend have a joystick connected to his computer? I noticed that when I had mine connected, the throttle controlled the player in that it would make the player spin. If the throttle is in the center though, the player stops. I've had it happen without the joystick in the past once or twice, but restarting MT did the trick.

If this is the case, know that I've requested that the joystick controls be reworked ;P

Try having your friend disconnect extra devices like that, maybe he can find what is causing the problem.

He does not use any game controllers.

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 13:10

Are you using the latest version of Minetest?

What operating system are you using?

WinkingBaby

by WinkingBaby » Wed Dec 28, 2016 07:59

He's running the latest version. 4.14 worked for him ,though. He's on windows 10.

Return to Minetest Problems