[Mod] Full Grief Prevention [early alpha][autoprotect]

JTE

[Mod] Full Grief Prevention [early alpha][autoprotect]

by JTE » Mon Sep 22, 2014 13:29

Releasing this now since I'm getting bored and likely to wander off. If anyone wants to finish it, contribute more external mod fixes or whatever, go ahead and do it. I don't really know how to use this newfangled github thing properly, so let me know if you need anything. I'm still here watching, even if I'm not actively working.

GitHub (download)
Everything licensed under the terms of WTFPL.

This module is a collection of scripts which are intended to provide the following services to your Minetest game:
  • Spawn area protection within a given radius, to protect newcomers and allow grief-proof permanent server-owned structures to be built.
  • Easily accessible dynamic layered 2D protection areas which every user can allocate to fit their constructs. User-friendly two dimensional area selection, server-friendly vertical protection limits suitable for layered worlds.
  • Extended protection which not only blocks other users from digging or placing blocks directly, but also invasively protects and prevents interface access and other block usages automatically, even for blocks from other mods.
  • Even external non-player entities which manipulate blocks are denied entry into protected areas thanks to invasive extensions made specifically for the builtin falling_node and external mesecons mods.

To use:
  1. Use /protect to get a free protection tool.
  2. Left click to select corner A, right click to select corner B.
  3. Left or right click to re-position the selected corners until satisfied.
  4. Press Drop (Q) to deselect the range. Press Drop again to delete the tool.

This is currently alpha software. It is not functionally complete and should not be used on public servers.

Mod dependencies: builtin/falling (strange, but true)
Supported (but not required): mesecons
Last edited by JTE on Fri Sep 26, 2014 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

balthazariv

Re: [Mod] Blockless protection ranges [early alpha][autoprot

by balthazariv » Tue Sep 23, 2014 18:46

Hello,

I have this error

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
20:45:27: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...netest\minetest - Copie\bin\..\mods\autoprotect\init.lua:325: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
20:45:27: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
20:45:27: ERROR[main]:    ...netest\minetest - Copie\bin\..\mods\autoprotect\init.lua:325: in function 'claim'
20:45:27: ERROR[main]:    ...netest\minetest - Copie\bin\..\mods\autoprotect\init.lua:359: in function 'select_corner'
20:45:27: ERROR[main]:    ...netest\minetest - Copie\bin\..\mods\autoprotect/tool.lua:46: in function <...netest\minetest - Copie\bin\..\mods\autoprotect/tool.lua:43>

Thanks for your works

JTE

by JTE » Wed Sep 24, 2014 13:48

Fixed.

CraigyDavi

GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio or CraigyDavi
In-game: davisonio or CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 18:24

Love this mod, great work!