[mod request] Property

bgsmithjr

[mod request] Property

by bgsmithjr » Sun Mar 25, 2012 08:02

Similar to the node ownership mod. I cannot make it work properly and it requires that you patch minetest and compile it from source. Can someone make one easier to use?

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Sun Mar 25, 2012 14:36

From what I've seen with the node ownership all you have to do is edit the builtin.lua file, add the mod (create folder in mods folder named node_ownership then create a file in it called init.lua and paste in the contents of the init.lua in the node ownership post. Should work then. I've not patched anything and it works for me.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

bgsmithjr

by bgsmithjr » Mon Mar 26, 2012 09:35

Thanks, I have got it working correctly, but I have a question, the first set of coordinates points to one block, the second set points to one block, does the new owner own just the two blocks, the shortest distance between those two blocks(a straight line) or a full 3d box?

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Mon Mar 26, 2012 15:28

bgsmithjr wrote:Thanks, I have got it working correctly, but I have a question, the first set of coordinates points to one block, the second set points to one block, does the new owner own just the two blocks, the shortest distance between those two blocks(a straight line) or a full 3d box?

The input coords in node_ownership are two opposite corners of an imaginary cube.

X=======================|
| |
| |
| |
========================X

X = coords you enter... HOWEVER keep in mind height and depth. By default on my server the property ownership goes down -50 blocks and up +100 blocks. So first coord would be one corner as shown above but the height coord with say 100. The second would have the height coord with say -50.
Last edited by RAPHAEL on Mon Mar 26, 2012 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

Return to WIP Mods