[mod]xtraarmors[0.2] (extra armors for 3d_armor)

davidthecreator

In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

[mod]xtraarmors[0.2] (extra armors for 3d_armor)

by davidthecreator » Sat Feb 11, 2017 20:55

this mod adds 4 sets of new armors for the original mod

and those 4 sets are: leather, chain, copper, mese

leather: a makeshift set of armor that is slightly stronger than wood, full set gives 40% protection and the boots give you 15% more walking speed, cause they are just so comfortable for walking!

chain: an average set of armor that is cheaper than a regular steel set, but offers less protection, full set gives you 50% protection

copper: it just sucks when you find copper first, and got no iron to get that copper to a good use, well, not anymore! just like chain armor, full set gives you 50% protection

mese armor: it's really weird it wasn't implemented in the original 3d_armor mod, but atleast it's implemented at all now! and a full set of this armor gives you 75% protection and 45% heal, also, since mese has some strange power inside, full set will also provide you with 50% faster walking and 50% higher jumping (10% of both per each piece of set)

pattern for armor is same as in the original mod, except for leather shield (it need a piece of wood in the middle

and the materials needed to craft armors:

leather: mobs:leather (leather from mobs redo mod)
chain: xpanes:bar_flat (iron bars from xpanes mod, that is in minetest by default)
mese: default:mese_crystal (mese crystal)
copper: default:copper_ingot (copper ingot)

------------------------------------------------v0.2-----------------------------------------------

added: studded armor, 70% protection and 10% heal. crafted of 2 same pieces of leather and chain armor
buffed: full set of leather armor leather armor now grants 10 heal

license: WTFPL

depends:
(required) "3d_armor"and"shields" (both are in 3d armors modpack) by Stu viewtopic.php?t=4654
(optional) "mobs_redo"by TenPlus1 viewtopic.php?t=9917 (needed for leather armor's crafting material)
(optional) "xpanes" (in minetest by default) (meeded for chainmail armor's crafting material)
Attachments
xtraarmor 0.2.zip
(238.04 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
xtraarmor.zip
(189.31 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Last edited by davidthecreator on Fri Feb 17, 2017 16:43, edited 2 times in total.

the_raven_262

GitHub: theraven262
IRC: the_raven_262 Raven262 Corvus262 corvus
In-game: the_raven_262 Raven262 Nevermore

Re: [mod]xtraarmors[0.1] (extra armors for 3d_armor)

by the_raven_262 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 21:28

I was thinking of making something like this, but never had the time :P
Nice work, very useful and brings more diversity to minetest :D (cause ordinary 3d armor mod got boring)
Also, very nice textures. :D
My favourite quote is NOOT NOOT! (By comrade Pingu)
Which roughly translates to "The revolution will be swift and without mercy!"

stu

GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Sun Feb 12, 2017 19:02

+1 Very nice textures, indeed. I presume by the license that you made these yourself? If so how do you fancy re-doing the default textures?

PS. It would also be nice if you posted this on GitHub (or similar)

davidthecreator

by davidthecreator » Sun Feb 12, 2017 21:33

stu wrote:+1 Very nice textures, indeed. I presume by the license that you made these yourself? If so how do you fancy re-doing the default textures?

Making the textures would be no problem when i have free time (most likely friday)and i don't really use GitHub... but maybie i'll check it out one day

stu

by stu » Sun Feb 12, 2017 22:32

davidthecreator wrote:
stu wrote:+1 Very nice textures, indeed. I presume by the license that you made these yourself? If so how do you fancy re-doing the default textures?

Making the textures would be no problem when i have free time (most likely friday)and i don't really use GitHub... but maybie i'll check it out one day

That would be awesome, it will likely be next weekend before I would have time to add them anyway. You should not waste your time creating preview images as I plan to include a simple python utility to automate that process.

GitHub is not a requirement but trust me, once you get even a basic understanding of git, you will wonder how you ever managed without it. :)

davidthecreator

Re: [mod]xtraarmors[0.2] (extra armors for 3d_armor)

by davidthecreator » Fri Feb 17, 2017 17:07

UPDATE! 0.2

added: studded armor (70% protection and 10 heal for full set) (this armor was supposed to be a thing in minecraft, but was never really implemented. And now we have it in minetest!)
buffed:full leather armor now grants 10 heal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also, created new textures for 3d_armors

GIThub post: https://github.com/daviddoesminetest/3d ... w-textures

dirrect download:
new_3darmor_textures.rar
(448.3 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

stu needed the textures, but if you want to change them right now, to do that:

1: open the folder inside the archive
2: go into 3d_armors forder, and go to the folder named "3d_armors"
3: then go to the folder in the archive, and open the folder named "armors":
4: teplace the "textures" folder in "3d_armors" with the one in the downloaded folder
5: do exact same thing with "shields"
6: done

googol

by googol » Fri Feb 17, 2017 18:57

I like cactus.
Nice job.
We do better minetest.
better than minecraft.

stu

by stu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 19:34

Those are fantastic, thank you very much indeed :D I will add these to the 3d_armor repo this weekend as soon as I am done with the preview generator.

Could you please specify an appropriate license. If you are not sure, I would recommend CC-BY-SA 3.0

Note that your mod will also need a license to ever be included in 'Mod Releases'

davidthecreator

by davidthecreator » Fri Feb 17, 2017 20:10

stu wrote:Those are fantastic, thank you very much indeed :D I will add these to the 3d_armor repo this weekend as soon as I am done with the preview generator.

Could you please specify an appropriate license. If you are not sure, I would recommend CC-BY-SA 3.0

Note that your mod will also need a license to ever be included in 'Mod Releases'

OK, i added a CC-BY-SA 3.0 License in my github post

and i'm still planning a few sets of armor to add in the future, so i will put a license into the mod when i make another update

stu

by stu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 20:24

davidthecreator wrote:
stu wrote:Those are fantastic, thank you very much indeed :D I will add these to the 3d_armor repo this weekend as soon as I am done with the preview generator.

OK, i added a CC-BY-SA 3.0 License in my github post

and i'm still planning a few sets of armor to add in the future, so i will put a license into the mod when i make another update

Perfect! Thank you once again, I look forward to seeing your future work.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:15

doing a dab. it's epic, the new textures are SWEET!
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

Return to WIP Mods