The Titanic

Loadable maps as opposed to OldCoder's zoomable maps
gunnercody

In-game: gunnercody

The Titanic

by gunnercody » Mon Jul 21, 2014 19:16

The Titanic is finally here! It is not done, i have to furnish more decks yet. So you can expect updates! it will be awhile from now but i will be building a BIGGER Titanic that is more realistic! I have to upload mods yet. Please, DO NOT COPY!

2nd class is now kind of finished, let me know if the download attachment works!

There will no longer be updates :( This Titanic is just too small. I am making another one!

Lost all progress on the new titanic my laptop battery died. I will have to restart
Attachments
Titanic update.zip
(4.34 MiB) Downloaded 704 times
screenshot_5412874.png
screenshot_5412874.png (351.12 KiB) Viewed 16653 times
Last edited by gunnercody on Fri Jul 25, 2014 16:34, edited 19 times in total.

hoodedice

Re: The Titanic

by hoodedice » Mon Jul 21, 2014 21:27

gunnercody wrote:The Titanic is finally here! It is not done, i have to furnish more decks yet. So you can expect updates! it will be awhile from now but i will be building a BIGGER Titanic that is more realistic!

Okay here is the link. but you will need a medifire account :(

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/yf5e95iqcrx5r/Titanic

People around here don't like mediafire too much. You could use Google Drive or Dropbox
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

gunnercody

by gunnercody » Mon Jul 21, 2014 22:23

i tryed dropbox but i can not get it to work on my windows 8 i thought about google drive... ill give drive a shot ;)

onpon4

by onpon4 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 23:56

hoodedice wrote:People around here don't like mediafire too much. You could use Google Drive or Dropbox

What're you going on about? Who thinks that there's a problem with Mediafire but not Google Drive or Dropbox?

I'm pretty sure most people here would more appreciate GitHub, Gitorious, or some other similar service. Or just use a basic file host and upload an archive in tar.gz or zip format.

hoodedice

by hoodedice » Tue Jul 22, 2014 02:13

onpon4 wrote:
hoodedice wrote:People around here don't like mediafire too much. You could use Google Drive or Dropbox

What're you going on about? Who thinks that there's a problem with Mediafire but not Google Drive or Dropbox?

I'm pretty sure most people here would more appreciate GitHub, Gitorious, or some other similar service. Or just use a basic file host and upload an archive in tar.gz or zip format.

I've been seeing people complaining about how you need javascript enabled to use Mediafire. GitHub and Git-based services are largely used for project hosting. I wouldn't want to bug them to host something as trivial as a map.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

srifqi

GitHub: srifqi
IRC: srifqi
In-game: srifqi

by srifqi » Tue Jul 22, 2014 07:53

I'm from Indonesia! Saya dari Indonesia!
Terjemahkan Minetest!
Mods by me. Modifikasi oleh saya.

Pronounce my nick as in: es-rifqi (IPA: /es rifˈki/)

gunnercody

by gunnercody » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:57

Has anyone succesfully downloaded it yet? i chnged the permissions so anyone can veiw and download just tell me if it works! I still have to upload mods.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Jul 22, 2014 13:32

hoodedice wrote:I've been seeing people complaining about how you need javascript enabled to use Mediafire. GitHub and Git-based services are largely used for project hosting. I wouldn't want to bug them to host something as trivial as a map.

That's right. I can't download from hosts that require JavaScript for somethinig simple as a file transfer because I do not allow my browser to execute JavaScript. Dropbox is ok and works quite well.

In this particular case here, saving the ship as an .mts file and using forum attachment might be the best solution.
A list of my mods can be found here.

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Tue Jul 22, 2014 13:52

How can I Download the Folder?
There is no Button for Downloading.
Thanks,
JPR

onpon4

by onpon4 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 15:08

hoodedice wrote:I've been seeing people complaining about how you need javascript enabled to use Mediafire.

When was the last time you used Google Drive? Google Drive requires a lot more gratuitous JavaScript than Mediafire, last time I checked. Dropbox too IIRC, but Dropbox lets you hotlink to the files, and people seem to usually do that; hotlinks don't require JavaScript.

solars

by solars » Tue Jul 22, 2014 17:32

I can't download the file.
First, you give me the download link, but don't allow me, to put a copy on my computer.
Second, if I would ignore the request to not copy the file, I hat to download every single file? Please put all in one big .zip or .tar.gz file.
Third, Minetest is saving the buildings in the file map.sqlite. But in your downloads that file is missing. So, where is the ship?
Dinnae bother wi mah poor english, but hae a keek at th' pics 'o mah pure dead brilliant map Karsthafen:
English thread: [Map] Karsthafen
German thread: [Map] Karsthafen - Diskussionsthread

gunnercody

by gunnercody » Tue Jul 22, 2014 19:19

i tested it with another google account. it worked for me. i do not know what else to do. my pc is messed up so drop box does no work. mediafire is just weird and no one seems to like it. i do not know what else to do. i'm not a computer expert. :(

solars

by solars » Tue Jul 22, 2014 19:32

Pack your files to a ZIP or TAR.GZ File and load it then to Google Drive. And dont forget the map.sqlite that is missing in your files.

At KDE you can pack a file with a right-click on the folder and get 'compress' from the submenue. I think other Linux desktop envoirements are equal.
Dinnae bother wi mah poor english, but hae a keek at th' pics 'o mah pure dead brilliant map Karsthafen:

Amaz

GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 20:49

One zip file attached! (All mods are included in the worldmods file)

The Titanic is nice, but a little small. Also, it is lacking in variety of blocks, a mod like moreblocks would add more variety to it. The number of different rooms is a bit low, making for a lot of repetition, but I see that you're soon going to remedy that!
Nevertheless, great job. It looks really nice, and has great potential.
Attachments
Titanic.zip
(4.45 MiB) Downloaded 269 times

gunnercody

by gunnercody » Wed Jul 23, 2014 19:01

im still trying to figure the uploading part. and yes i will finish this titanic and then i will meake a new alot bigger and nicer titanic later! so you guys just give me some time ;)

solars

by solars » Wed Jul 23, 2014 20:03

Thank you Amaz for the Download and gunnercody for the Titanic.

It look nice. But what i don't understand: why is the bow so edged? 3 m edges? That looks wrong...

gunnercody

by gunnercody » Wed Jul 23, 2014 20:15

Solars, this is my first titanic. I will make it better in the second one! ;)

solars

by solars » Wed Jul 23, 2014 22:06

I'm curious about the second one!
The Titanic is a very very big an glamorous ship! So I think it will be fantastic!

For my Karsthafen map, I startet with a little river cruise ship. At the German thread, I have postet a story how i build it step by step with many images. The half of the ship is finished.
You find it there: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=9706&p=149241#p149238

My English is too bad to do it in english. But you can read it with the translater from google or bing, I think you can understand every third word with it. ;)
And it has 16 pictures in it. :D

I hope this will be helpfull for you at the building on the Titanic.

gunnercody

Re: The next Titanic

by gunnercody » Wed Jul 23, 2014 23:07

Construction of the next titanic has been started!
Attachments
screenshot_7196515.png
screenshot_7196515.png (552.98 KiB) Viewed 16653 times

gunnercody

Re: The next Titanic

by gunnercody » Wed Jul 23, 2014 23:15

You guys said big, is this big enough?
Attachments
screenshot_7924490.png
screenshot_7924490.png (415.99 KiB) Viewed 16653 times

solars

by solars » Wed Jul 23, 2014 23:31

The size should come from the number of the cabins and rooms. If you build the exact number of cabins from the titanic, you have the size, so you should begin with the cabins, not the outside.

Here are the plans:
http://www.copperas.com/titanic/plans.htm

And a side-view with all the windows you find on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic

Get the time to build it detailed.

gunnercody

by gunnercody » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:02

Thanks for those plans! They will be very helpful! I hope to make the Titanic as close as it originally was so these plans will help!

Solars i will take your advice, i will start fresh

gunnercody

by gunnercody » Thu Jul 24, 2014 17:45

Orlop deck started!

solars

by solars » Sun Jul 27, 2014 21:31

How's it going? With what on the orlop deck had you begun? The stores of the shopping center?

MinisterFarrigut

by MinisterFarrigut » Fri Dec 16, 2016 17:00

I am actually in the process of building a look-alike of the Titanic, whose name has been fondly dubbed "Farrigut." : ) Anyways, I have the hull complete with a few minor adjustments to be made. I am having difficulties getting the masts slanted at an angle, but whatever. I saw gunnercody's picture and was like, "eh." So, this isn't an actual model of the ship, just a smaller look alike. It'll be up for download soon, maybe after Christmas.

MinisterFarrigut

by MinisterFarrigut » Fri Dec 23, 2016 22:54

I just want everyone that is still on to know that this ship isn't built by a little kid and doesn't look like a box or something. This is a legitimate ocean liner that still needs work. When I upload it, it will have the following:
-Propeller and some-what detailed rudder.
-4 funnels and a helmsman's wheel at the stern.
-A small engine room towards the stern. I will leave you to build compartments and a more extensive boiler room. : )
-A dining room and many cabins below deck. Again, if you want more, make more.
-A crow's nest.
-A wheelhouse.
-Lifeboats (for no reason)
-Honeymoon suite, located towards the stern.

A warning to all: Do not attempt to put this liner on a world with valleys, slopes or hills. Or trees. It is a HUGE liner and needs room. I suggest loading a flat world, putting an ocean of river water sources in....this is where WorldEdit comes in handy. Then load the liner and build what you want around it! : )

Mods for this liner:
Home

MinisterFarrigut

by MinisterFarrigut » Fri Jan 20, 2017 14:10

Here is the liner. RMSF is the file name.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n3nvhwxsgif8grn/RMSF.we

MinisterFarrigut

by MinisterFarrigut » Fri Jan 20, 2017 14:18

MinisterFarrigut

by MinisterFarrigut » Tue Feb 14, 2017 00:45

A new map with a newer more updated Titanic model has been built and will be uploaded onto here in a few days. This map features the ship sailing through an ocean.

MinisterFarrigut

by MinisterFarrigut » Sat Mar 25, 2017 18:28

Do not download the old RMSF file. I have been working on a new one. It will be uploaded soon.

Return to Minetest Maps