Official Ancient Ruins Biome?

AgentNagel42

In-game: AgentNagel42

Official Ancient Ruins Biome?

by AgentNagel42 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 19:36

Hey Everyone, for several months now I have been experimenting with with an ancient ruins and underground complex mod, But I honestly haven't really gotten anywhere. I was curious if we could make a modification to the map gen for the kind of things you see in MC, however far larger and grander, Like a massive Ancient castle or ancient temples and such or even down to small wells, cabins, or bunkers etc. some things could be so big they span entire biomes, is this feasible or would it affect performance? thanks! (if not is there anyway I could make Schematic files that are generated into the world with everything else?)

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: Official Ancient Ruins Biome?

by Inocudom » Wed Sep 23, 2015 20:21

AgentNagel42 wrote:Hey Everyone, for several months now I have been experimenting with with an ancient ruins and underground complex mod, But I honestly haven't really gotten anywhere. I was curious if we could make a modification to the map gen for the kind of things you see in MC, however far larger and grander, Like a massive Ancient castle or ancient temples and such or even down to small wells, cabins, or bunkers etc. some things could be so big they span entire biomes, is this feasible or would it affect performance? thanks! (if not is there anyway I could make Schematic files that are generated into the world with everything else?)

Well, these things sure do sound good.

kaadmy

GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 20:50

AgentNagel42 wrote:[...](if not is there anyway I could make Schematic files that are generated into the world with everything else?)

Yes, use the worldedit mod to create schematics.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

paramat

GitHub: paramat

by paramat » Thu Sep 24, 2015 00:01

AgentNagel42

by AgentNagel42 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 14:42

Hey I threw together some nice schematics, let me know what you think!
Attachments
ruins.zip
Here they are!
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Thu Sep 24, 2015 17:44

maybe paramat manages to make the generated world surface become transformed to a room construct which looks different on every place, people would feed it with given schematics: they're not used directly, they are combined each other and messed up with the room construct surface which may result in an

mahmutelmas06

GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 19:09

Ask to sokomine if he can add those ruins, buildings to his villages mod.
Or you can maybe make an addon to it.
My Mods:

Beverage

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Fri Sep 25, 2015 13:11

As far as l know Sokomine only places schematics and adds roads to the entrances. l didn't know that Sokomine is a he

mahmutelmas06

GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 23:18

Thoose ruins could be convertable to schematics arent they ?
( I dont know Sokomine's gender but is that detail important to point it out :D ? )
My Mods:

Beverage

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Sep 28, 2015 02:07

(Yes, I'm female.)

As to the schematics: They're a bit too few for a biome. I've added the necessary init.lua file so that they can be their own village type. Set mg_villages.FIRST_VILLAGE_TYPE = "ruins" in your mg_villages/config.lua file and create a new world if you want to spawn in one of the ruins-type villages.
Attachments
village_ruins.zip
(5.06 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
A list of my mods can be found here.

AgentNagel42

by AgentNagel42 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 14:39

ooh nice thanks! I'm gunna keep working on more schematics for larger ruins (maybe a massive castle)

AgentNagel42

by AgentNagel42 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 14:48

can someone make a script that randomly generates a single schematic instead of an entire village, but maybe partway buried so parts don't awkwardly stick out of the ground in sloped areas? thanks!

AgentNagel42

by AgentNagel42 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 20:06

:P

twoelk

by twoelk » Tue Sep 29, 2015 22:07

you could add some buildings from the Share Your WorldEdit Files! thread. Spawn a dungeonmaster in one of the colloseums offered there and import the resulting ruins ;-P

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sat Oct 03, 2015 15:45

AgentNagel42 wrote:can someone make a script that randomly generates a single schematic instead of an entire village, but maybe partway buried so parts don't awkwardly stick out of the ground in sloped areas? thanks!

If you only want single houses, and no villages at all, take a look at the ruins mod. It does create ruins already. I'm sure you can extend it if you add further ruins.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sun Oct 04, 2015 07:36

Do you mean the ruins mod from wastelands?

And may you add those buildings to your villages mod?
viewtopic.php?id=557

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Oct 04, 2015 09:09

Hybrid Dog wrote:Do you mean the ruins mod from wastelands?

I think it's part of the wastelands game as well - but it's also a seperate mod. At least I remember having seen it on the forum.

Hybrid Dog wrote:And may you add those buildings to your villages mod?
viewtopic.php?id=557

That ruins village type certainly could use more diffrent buildings. Getting those from the antique villages mod might be a bit tricky - I don't know if it still runs in a world. If it does, you can run it and save the buildings as .mts files or just recreate them (might be fastest).

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sun Oct 04, 2015 13:00

Sokomine wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:And may you add those buildings to your villages mod?
viewtopic.php?id=557

That ruins village type certainly could use more diffrent buildings. Getting those from the antique villages mod might be a bit tricky - I don't know if it still runs in a world. If it does, you can run it and save the buildings as .mts files or just recreate them (might be fastest).

Could you also add some of my buildings?

btw: l recently added huts to the swamps mod
https://github.com/HybridDog/sumpf/blob ... f/huts.lua

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sun Oct 04, 2015 13:22

finished
Attachments
wooden_house.mts
(138 Bytes) Downloaded 92 times
watchtower_ruin.mts
(193 Bytes) Downloaded 91 times
watchtower.mts
(145 Bytes) Downloaded 82 times

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Oct 15, 2015 01:45

Hybrid Dog wrote:Could you also add some of my buildings?

Sure, they can be added as well. It's just that this ruins village type is getting an excess of watchtowers - and a severe shortage of houses to actually live in. Part of it can be changed by increasing the probability of houses, but that doesn't help against there beeing too few diffrent house types of that kind.

In order to add your (or Ironzongs?) buildings, just drop them in the village_ruins/schems/ folder, rename the watchtower.mts to watchtower2.mts due to duplicate file names, and add those three lines to village_ruins/init.lua:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
mg_villages.add_building( { scm="wooden_house",   mts_path=path, weight={ruins=1,   single=1}, typ='house',  orients={1}});
mg_villages.add_building( { scm="watchtower_ruin",mts_path=path, weight={ruins=1/8, single=1}, typ='tower',  orients={1}});
mg_villages.add_building( { scm="watchtower2",    mts_path=path, weight={ruins=1/8, single=1}, typ='tower',  orients={1}});

Hybrid Dog wrote:btw: l recently added huts to the swamps mod

I was about to complain about not having found one such hut in a test world when I stumbled upon one. It was well hidden below the tree roof. Quite a big hut, actually, and built out of nice materials and with a very good roof. The house had no entrance.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Thu Oct 15, 2015 16:09

Sokomine wrote:Sure, they can be added as well.

How about this one?
monument_of_free.mts
(18.77 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

It's just that this ruins village type is getting an excess of watchtowers - and a severe shortage of houses to actually live in. Part of it can be changed by increasing the probability of houses, but that doesn't help against there beeing too few diffrent house types of that kind.

In order to add your (or Ironzongs?) buildings, just drop them in the village_ruins/schems/ folder, rename the watchtower.mts to watchtower2.mts due to duplicate file names, and add those three lines to village_ruins/init.lua:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
mg_villages.add_building( { scm="wooden_house",   mts_path=path, weight={ruins=1,   single=1}, typ='house',  orients={1}});
mg_villages.add_building( { scm="watchtower_ruin",mts_path=path, weight={ruins=1/8, single=1}, typ='tower',  orients={1}});
mg_villages.add_building( { scm="watchtower2",    mts_path=path, weight={ruins=1/8, single=1}, typ='tower',  orients={1}});

Hybrid Dog wrote:btw: l recently added huts to the swamps mod

I was about to complain about not having found one such hut in a test world when I stumbled upon one. It was well hidden below the tree roof. Quite a big hut, actually, and built out of nice materials and with a very good roof. The house had no entrance.

They don't have one yet, l don't know how to put doors there in the right direction without setting param2 for them.

Return to Minetest Features