OldCoder Silvercrab

OldCoder
Administrator

OldCoder Silvercrab

by OldCoder » Fri Oct 17, 2014 05:42

This thread is for OldCoder Silvercrab.

Silvercrab was started as a fork of Original Redcrab. oOChainLynxOo, also known as JayKeePoo, asked me to create the world after Original Redcrab went down for an extended period.

I traded the world for a photo of his kitty cat :) I needed the cat for use with the poem "Cats Everywhere", which some of you are familiar with.

I wasn't able to duplicate Redcrab at the time. Silvercrab is largely a different world now. If you're a former Redcrab player, go to OldCoder Redcrab instead.

But Silvercrab will stay up for the time being. It was popular for months due to its large modset and may come to life someday again.

Silvercrab is presently located at:

Server: minetest.org
Port: 30019

If you build on Silvercrab, it's best to do it in New City. To get to New City, type: /spawn

To get to an older area and review some of the existing structures, type /center instead.

Last edited by OldCoder on Fri Oct 02, 2015 08:07, edited 4 times in total.

Sokomine

Re: OldCoder Silvercrab server

by Sokomine » Sun May 03, 2015 02:00

Announcement (for OldCoder; he said it on his server and asked me to forward it):

OldCoder wrote:OldCoders worlds may be down for 2 days.

The OldCoder Minetest worlds may be down for 1 to 2 days starting tonight or soon for a move. This will happen again in a week or two.
The physical server is moving. So the worlds are going to a diffrent machine temporarily and then back to the original one.

We hope to see you there once things settle down!
A list of my mods can be found here.

yang2003

GitHub: yang2003
IRC: yang2003
In-game: yang2003

by yang2003 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 08:39

+1 amazing's server

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Sun Jul 12, 2015 16:22

This is basically redcrab map on minetest 0.4.12?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Jul 12, 2015 17:56

Fixerol wrote:This is basically redcrab map on minetest 0.4.12?

The basic map and the shape of the buildings are taken from Redcrabs map. The textures are completely different, and the mods installed also diverge considerably. To me, Silvercrab is not Redcrab (textures need to be kept). OldCoder is planning to start a more accurate copy of Redcrabs server, but that may take some time. He's waiting for me to come up with solutions to some problems, but I don't have a good idea regarding merging of newly generated mapblocks with existing ones. That's a problem all saved worlds are facing. Sometimes the seed might be enough; in this case, I'm not sure if the entire map was generated with the same seed anyway...
A list of my mods can be found here.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Fri Oct 02, 2015 07:26

At yang2003's request, Silvercrab is using the Simple8 textures for now. There's no denying they're different. Like Minetoon, but even simpler.

Return to Minetest Servers