OldCoder SkyDoom

OldCoder
Administrator

OldCoder SkyDoom

by OldCoder » Sat Mar 11, 2017 19:15

I've set up a new world named SkyDoom on a trial basis. Presently, the server is minetest.org and the port is 30026.

The goals and theme are SkyBlock PVP Survival. In short, you try to complete simple MT tasks while distracted by fights and monsters.

SkyDoom:

VaultBoy suggested this world and provided part of the initial modset.

The base is MFF, but my understanding is that the tone is quite different. Mods include MFF's SkyBlock extensions, Infinite Chest, TS Furniture, Science Fiction Nodes, Shooter, Teleport Request, XDecor, and Vehicles.

The Shooter mod adds crossbows, grenades, rocket launchers, and other weapons. The Vehicles mod provides fighter jets, tanks, and helicopters as well as light cycles and other vehicles. We'll need to work out how to integrate these items into the game.

Creatures will need thought as well. VaultBoy wanted zombies, but SkyBlock worlds are crowded. It might get tedious if you need to knock zombies off of pathways every minute or two. But I've added flying sharks as a start.

If a Blender person adds wings to zombies, like somebody did to pigs recently, I'll put them in. Winged Zombies seem like a match for a world named SkyDoom. I should add the flying pigs as well, actually.

Protection is by either areas or protector.

Interact is presently on by default. We'll turn that off if there is griefing. If we do turn it off, people will need to ask an admin for interact.

You can have any reasonable skin that you want. Ask an admin to tell me the skin that you choose.

Please don't ask for skins or interact or other privileges in this thread.

People logged in as admins are required to be polite and they can't battle with others. But they can battle if they log-in using ordinary accounts.

Skysharks in SkyDoom:

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: OldCoder SkyDoom

by BBmine » Tue Mar 14, 2017 15:54

I love the server. I even fell off my sky block half way through level 2 LOL.
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

OldCoder
Administrator

Re: OldCoder SkyDoom

by OldCoder » Wed Mar 15, 2017 02:38

BBmine wrote:I love the server. I even fell off my sky block half way through level 2 LOL.

Thanks.

It's developing a style of its own. I think that the sharks add something. There are requests to make them rideable; we'll look into it. We'll add more mods, too, though I'd like to keep this world relatively fast and light. The fighter jets are staying, regardless, if we can figure out how to work them into normal play.

Return to Minetest Servers