Isn't that a limitation with MT itself?
At least, I remember it like so

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

Re: Xanadu Server

by firefox » Sun Nov 27, 2016 19:44

a new shop has opened in Emporium:

it's the "Lost and Forgotten" Shop
you can pay only with gold ingots, but prices are fair, just like my old shop in Sol Sanctum =(^.^)=
Attachments
screenshot_20161127_204124.png
screenshot_20161127_204124.png (352.19 KiB) Viewed 9631 times

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Mon Nov 28, 2016 19:28

firefox wrote:since i flooded the chat with building advice today, i thought i just share this link here
so i don't need to write so much again :P

The 5 B's of Building
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDNc1b3l-kI

That link seems to point to diffrent video that has nothing to do with MT?

firefox wrote:and How to NOT build :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUzggMjVze8

A very good video. It ought to be watched by more new players. Many of those factors that make new player homes often horrible are explained there. Can't we have a link to that video in a more prominent place, perhaps in its own thread?

firefox wrote:that Grian guy also has more tutorials specifically for roofs, staircases, interior, gardens and blending with biomes ;)

Seems he also has a nice video that shows what happens when excited young players report about having built a "great house" - and you follow them from spawn for a long time to see just - what is shown as a bad example in that video :-) I felt that way quite often.

Not all of the factors that are relevant for MC builds can be transfered one to one to MT builds. The available blocks/textures and in particular the lighting system (painting with light through slabs but absence of shadows) are diffrent. The vast majority of points mentionned in the videos do apply to both games.
A list of my mods can be found here.

firefox

by firefox » Mon Nov 28, 2016 19:35

Sokomine wrote:That link seems to point to diffrent video that has nothing to do with MT?

ops... fixed it. thanks =(^.^)=
that was from the Inspiration by Music thread. ( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15550 )
i messed up :P

firefox wrote:The 5 B's of Building
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaZg7_F0_Co

botch

IRC: Botch
In-game: botch

by botch » Sun Dec 18, 2016 06:52

Is there a new iska mod on the Xanadu server? I was defending some noobs near the tree areas by spawn and a player was killing other players and when I went to attack him (or her) from doing that, each hit would turn me around and I would get a message "This area owned by iska" ....Have I missed this mod? Or was this a player using a hacked client possibly? No moderators were on so I was just wondering.

iska

In-game: iska

by iska » Sun Dec 18, 2016 07:03

If you are in the area where you're supposed to chop the trunks it's unprotected and pvp is possible, if you're in the edge of it you probably get these messages.

mystik

GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Sun Dec 18, 2016 16:53

Just to be clear .....

iska is a player who is a moderator. Not a code modification applied to the server. The message "owned by iska" is just because the player being struck was in an area covered by a protection block owned by iska.

By necessity, the public tree farms cannot be protected. This is a survival PvP server, so players *can* attack other players, but moderators tend to view PvP in the communal areas near spawn as greifing, and repeated incidents can get an account limited.

Players can stand in the protected areas, and strike players in the unprotected area, making it all too easy to cause problems in the public farms.

botch wrote:Is there a new iska mod on the Xanadu server? I was defending some noobs near the tree areas by spawn and a player was killing other players and when I went to attack him (or her) from doing that, each hit would turn me around and I would get a message "This area owned by iska" ....Have I missed this mod? Or was this a player using a hacked client possibly? No moderators were on so I was just wondering.

afflatus

GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Mon Dec 19, 2016 17:29

I've been enjoying the new Emporium, nice work!
Do the new style bushes actually spawn anywhere naturally or is anyone selling them?
I want some.
Grailtest is sleeping ...

firefox

by firefox » Mon Dec 19, 2016 18:02

afflatus wrote:I've been enjoying the new Emporium, nice work!
Do the new style bushes actually spawn anywhere naturally or is anyone selling them?
I want some.

they are in the code of the newest minetest together with coral blocks, but i haven't seen them on the map yet.
i guess the Goblin King will soon make a hidden shop where we can buy it with Tin Ingots =(^.^)=

xerox123

GitHub: xerox123official
IRC: xerox123
In-game: xerox12

by xerox123 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 08:29

So wait, let me get this clear. PVP IS allowed, just not around the spawn area?
Not a xerox machine™

You can find me on Rizon and Freenode IRC Networks as 'xerox123'!

firefox

by firefox » Tue Dec 20, 2016 09:06

xerox123 wrote:So wait, let me get this clear. PVP IS allowed, just not around the spawn area?

yes, anywhere in the open world you can fight whoever you want. protected areas are safe and in the wild nature you can carry a protection block with you for emergency defense.

but the Rule Board says "no noob killing" so you will get big rouble if you attack players in public farms or the entrance of the public mines or un-armored players walking around.
and it's always nice to ask for PvP first, we even have arenas for that =(^.^)=

but if someone break into your house and doesn't leave or tries to kill your animals, feel free to kill them :P

xerox123

by xerox123 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:14

but if someone breaks into your house and doesn't leave or tries to kill your animals, feel free to kill them

haha not the reason why i care or anything :P
Not a xerox machine™

Bobr

by Bobr » Tue Dec 20, 2016 17:31

hi

RealGoldenHart

IRC: GoldenHart
In-game: GoldenHart

by RealGoldenHart » Fri Dec 23, 2016 23:33

Hi guys, Golden Hart here. Or should I clarify, the real Golden Hart.
So I understand the servers were reset and everything, but my user is still active. Just to see if I could log in, I typed in username and password, (the same password I use for all my games), it said wrong password. Anyways, I don't know if my account was hacked, and I am not begging to be allowed in. I am simply warning people in case someone is playing under my username. Also when will users be allowed back in? Just so I know, it's been a while.
GoldenHart has entered the world. Fear the queer deer.

Miguu

IRC: Miguu
In-game: Miguu

by Miguu » Sat Dec 24, 2016 04:42

Hi Iska, I was wondering if you could give me some land at the Emporium, because I plan to build a store; Waiting for a positive response, I say goodbye, not without wishing you a Merry Christmas
Wherever they were they always remembered that the past was a lie, that memory had no way back, that every ancient spring was unrecoverable, and that the most foolish and tenacious love was in any case an ephemeral truth
-"One Hundred Years of Solitude"

Miguu

To Iska, TenPlus1 or Shinji_Ikari

by Miguu » Tue Dec 27, 2016 05:21

Hello again, I want to make an apartment project (or hotel) in the area of the old Emporium; I saw a field that says if you are looking to build something, ask one of you three ... and then, I wanted to know if it might be possible to help me by giving me this ground to be able to carry out this my project.

Best regards: Miguu
Wherever they were they always remembered that the past was a lie, that memory had no way back, that every ancient spring was unrecoverable, and that the most foolish and tenacious love was in any case an ephemeral truth

Miguu

by Miguu » Tue Dec 27, 2016 05:23

PD: The land that it mentions is near the Castle Transylvania, the old home of IronFish

Dolphins1011

In-game: Dolphins1011

by Dolphins1011 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 00:29

I don't have the home privilege on this server I'm not sure why.it might be because I'm penguins sister because he got limited but can a server admin please tell me exactly why.thanks!

xerox123

by xerox123 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 03:32

Dolphins1011 wrote:I don't have the home privilege on this server I'm not sure why.it might be because I'm penguins sister because he got limited but can a server admin please tell me exactly why.thanks!

As far as I'm aware limits only affect a certain username rather than the players IP (which would be a ban?). Maybe TenPlus1 could be so kind to tell us :)
Not a xerox machine™

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 08:27

Any account that has been /limited will have all privs revoked and that account cannot log back into server anymore, so I'll check your account and see what privs you do have and what you may be missing ( what is your name on server ? ).

xerox123

by xerox123 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 15:06

One quick /privs check later shows this:

Privileges of Dolphins1011: interact home shout (assuming this is the username you are using)

If you could let us know what commands you issued and any errors they returned, that would be helpful :)
Not a xerox machine™

firefox

by firefox » Tue Jan 10, 2017 14:01

HAPPY NEW YEAR =(^.^)=
better late than never :P

the server felt a little lonely this week, so time to revive the forum thread and get things going :)

before complaining about others, i will start with myself:
- i finally finished the farm places around my storage room, yay~
- i continued to build Boreas Shrine in Xmas Town =(^.^)=

now about other stuff:
- the Star Gates are mostly unexplored, maybe there needs to be some hint to encourage players to find them ;)

- the location of one of the Star Gates is totally messed up by a map error. that "plateau" or whatever it used to be doesn't look like a place anyone would ever bother to explore. it needs an urgent repair.

- the abandoned builds at some Star Gate locations need an activity check, maybe they can be cleared

- speaking of activity checks, the blue teleport is a total mess :P

- the teleport to Beggar's Bay disappeared, but the signs still say that it's open

- maybe it's just me, but the growth speed of Fire Flowers doesn't match with the speed of Crystal Spikes.
my crystals are growing dayly, but my fire flowers have only spawned 2 flowers in 1 week :O
(the farms are directly next to each other and there is enough space, so it's not a matter of size or active block range)

WhiteOwl

IRC: WhiteOwl
In-game: WhiteOwl

by WhiteOwl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 18:45

my username on minetest is WhiteOwl and i was wandering if i can join your server. every time i try logging on to your server it says not accepting any new users. maybe you could add me in to your server.

Bobr

by Bobr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 20:01

yeah like that would happen with xanadu the thing is ikari feels to threatened to let any one in anymore

firefox

by firefox » Wed Jan 11, 2017 08:54

Bobr wrote:yeah like that would happen with xanadu the thing is ikari feels to threatened to let any one in anymore
WhiteOwl wrote:my username on minetest is WhiteOwl and i was wandering if i can join your server. every time i try logging on to your server it says not accepting any new users. maybe you could add me in to your server.

the gates were open some time ago, so it's not always closed.
i'm not so well informed about that, but i heard that we have "controlled flood gates" now.
you may want to send a PM to TenPlus1 for a better explanation :P

firefox

by firefox » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:47

i hate curved stairs =(>.<)=

it took me 2 hours to realize that realistic shapes don't work,
and another 2 hours to come up with this solution.
meow...
Attachments
screenshot_20170111_121946.png
screenshot_20170111_121946.png (701.94 KiB) Viewed 9637 times

afflatus

by afflatus » Fri Jan 13, 2017 14:38

Time for some screenshots:
This is my home farm, which started out as a 7x7 banana shed. It's about 1k down the black path.

afflatus

by afflatus » Fri Jan 13, 2017 14:42

And this is my new build, which can be found just north of the emporium:

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 19:43

Wow, nicely done :)

topman

by topman » Sat Jan 14, 2017 03:20

Never posted before, but i would like to thank everyone that has helped me since I've been on. I'm too the point were I would offer help to anyone that needs it. Thanks again! Oh and FYI i dislike quicksand(terribly).

Edit. I guess i have posted before.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest Servers