Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

Re: [Mod] Sprint [sprint]

by Calinou » Sun Feb 22, 2015 09:45

Hamguy wrote:Double tap is stupid, and pressing e is stupid

[ Left Shift ] would make more sense.

So you would sneak to sprint? This is impossible.

If you want, change your Use key to [Left shift] and change your Sneak key to [E].

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 17:16

This mod is now compatible with the HUD bars mod. :-)

If HUD bars is installed, a HUD bar is shown like in the screenshot. If not, the old simple icon-based statbar is shown.

GunshipPenguin

GitHub: GunshipPenguin
IRC: GunshipPenguin
In-game: GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 18:35

Wuzzy wrote:This is a very interesting mod, I have finally tried it out on my computer and it works pretty fine.

This looks like a very good candidate to make use of my still experimental HUD bars mod. As soon as I hit the 1.0.0 milestone with it, I will seek to modifiy the code of this mod so it makes use of the HUD bars mod and use the current standard statbar as a fall-back option when this mod is not present.
When I am finished, I will open a pull request on GitHub.

Edit: I noticed that, sadly, this mod has a hard dependency on default, because it uses default_dirt.png as image for its particles. This dependency is completely unjustified if you ask me. The quick and lazy solution would be to provide your own particle image with the mod and use this instead. The sophisticated solution would be to use the top texture image of the node the player runs on. It is probably possible, but tricky, as one must account for all the possible node types, drawtypes etc. and find a solution which works on every node where creating a particle makes sense (i.e. walkable ones). Also, animated textures are probably tricky, too.

Also, I would recommend renaming “stamina.png” to something like “sprint_stamina_icon.png”, so it includes the prefix “sprint_”. It is a general recommendation to always name the textures under the scheme “<modname>_texturename.png” to prevent possible name clashes.

I wanted to use the node that the player is on for the particles originally but I couldn't find any way to do that with the modding API. I'll add my own sprint particle image instead.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 21:30

That's fine, too.

mahmutelmas06

GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 19:02

There is an issue with sprint mod

Sprint bar keeps decreasing while we are driving a car/helicopter/ufo when pushed E button.
My Mods:

Beverage

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 01:35

mahmutelmas06 wrote:There is an issue with sprint mod

Sprint bar keeps decreasing while we are driving a car/helicopter/ufo when pushed E button.

If SPRINT_METHOD is set to 1 (It is by default). Your stamina will always decrease when you're pressing e and you will travel faster, regardless of any other mods installed. I see that the UFO mod requires you to press e to use the UFO. Unfortunately, the e (aux1) key is the only key that I can access through the API and that would work with this mod.

nater6927

by nater6927 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 02:21

I have a problem

When I run it works fine, but when other players on my server without privs run they get glitched backwards. The server says that the player moved too fast and was set back to their position. I noticed when I gave them 'fast' privilege they can run just great. Is there any fix to this without them having the 'fast' priv?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 03:19

This is probably the automatic anti-cheat protection at work here. If you add the line “disable_anticheat = true” into minetest.conf, you disable it. This should stop position resetting.

nater6927

by nater6927 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 04:23

Wuzzy wrote:This is probably the automatic anti-cheat protection at work here. If you add the line “disable_anticheat = true” into minetest.conf, you disable it. This should stop position resetting.

Thank You! I can use this mod once again.

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Thu Dec 24, 2015 07:53

Do you can use hunger bar instead stamina bar like in minecraft, if hunger mod enabled? If player is running then hunger indicator reduced. If hunger is 3 or less then player can't run.

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Thu Dec 24, 2015 08:09

amadin wrote:Do you can use hunger bar instead stamina bar like in minecraft, if hunger mod enabled? If player is running then hunger indicator reduced. If hunger is 3 or less then player can't run.

When you say hunger bar, I assume you mean adding support for a hunger / food mod. While I agree that integrating this mod with a hunger / food mod would probably make for nicer survival gameplay, there are a number of hunger / food mods already out there, and picking one to add support for would difficult, and would require me to constantly keep an eye on the development of that mod in case there are any API changes. I'd rather just stick with the stamina bar for now.

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Thu Dec 24, 2015 08:22

GunshipPenguin wrote:
amadin wrote:Do you can use hunger bar instead stamina bar like in minecraft, if hunger mod enabled? If player is running then hunger indicator reduced. If hunger is 3 or less then player can't run.

When you say hunger bar, I assume you mean adding support for a hunger / food mod. While I agree that integrating this mod with a hunger / food mod would probably make for nicer survival gameplay, there are a number of hunger / food mods already out there, and picking one to add support for would difficult, and would require me to constantly keep an eye on the development of that mod in case there are any API changes. I'd rather just stick with the stamina bar for now.

So you must create you own hunger mod for use it with sprint :)

BrunoMine

GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Tue Aug 09, 2016 00:26

I edited the mod. It's working on my minemacro server. I became it compatible with anticheat.

This is a exelente work. Congratulations.

BrunoMine

GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Tue Aug 09, 2016 16:28

I improved a little the particles. It makes sense when dark particles is running on clean floors (wood, glass, tile, etc.)
I put small clouds of dust (comic inspiration)
example of inspiration
License: CC BY
(texture attached)
Attachments
sprint_particle.png
sprint_particle.png (299 Bytes) Viewed 2193 times

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Tue Mar 14, 2017 14:41

PR for you, GunshipPenguin!
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

Previous

Return to Mod Releases