[Mod] Not So Simple Mobs [3.0] [nssm]

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

In-game: TailsTheFox

Re: [Mod] Not so simple mobs v2.4 [nssm]

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sat Nov 05, 2016 16:43

npx wrote:Sorry TailsTheFox, if I had known that you have made a dimension like that we wouldn't have made Morlendor like that!

I got an idea, maybe you could use my spare phalconite ore texture, also if along with that you could make fire randomly spawn on Morlendor ground and i think phalconite ore is pretty good, literally imagine, dark, and the creatures come out with those eyes O_o, especially that one with a shrinking and growing head, so creepy, with barely any glow, also i was thinking it would be fitting if the ground emitted some kind of dark particle.
Attachments
phalconite_ore.png
Phalconite Ore Texture,don't worry i'm not using it :)
phalconite_ore.png (676 Bytes) Viewed 3899 times
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

Andrey01

In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 16:10

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:
npx wrote:Sorry TailsTheFox, if I had known that you have made a dimension like that we wouldn't have made Morlendor like that!

I got an idea, maybe you could use my spare phalconite ore texture, also if along with that you could make fire randomly spawn on Morlendor ground and i think phalconite ore is pretty good, literally imagine, dark, and the creatures come out with those eyes O_o, especially that one with a shrinking and growing head, so creepy, with barely any glow, also i was thinking it would be fitting if the ground emitted some kind of dark particle.

Is there that a ore will generate in Morlendor?Can will be to craft from her tools, weapons and other items?

npx

In-game: npx

by npx » Tue Nov 08, 2016 23:07

Hello everybody! We are happy to announce that we are in feature freeze for the 3.0 release! We are going to test the mod some time before releasing it. If anyone would like to test it and report any bug we would be grateful.
You only need to play with the version in the development branch of Github of Nssm and Nssb.
Direct download links:
Nssb: https://github.com/NPXcoot/nssb/archive/development.zip
Nssm: https://github.com/NPXcoot/nssm/archive/development.zip
Thank you!

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Wed Nov 09, 2016 00:11

npx wrote:Hello everybody! We are happy to announce that we are in feature freeze for the 3.0 release! We are going to test the mod some time before releasing it. If anyone would like to test it and report any bug we would be grateful.
You only need to play with the version in the development branch of Github of Nssm and Nssb.
Direct download links:
Thank you!

I'll test it! :)
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 15:56

npx wrote:Hello everybody! We are happy to announce that we are in feature freeze for the 3.0 release! We are going to test the mod some time before releasing it. If anyone would like to test it and report any bug we would be grateful.
Direct download links:
Thank you!

Oh! Nice!!!

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 16:47

NPX, i don`t have noticed some bugs for the present, but the dimension Morlendor haves only underground, and i thought what Morlendor will be in OTHER WORLD, AND IT WON`T UNDERGROUND.One a member wrote me in the topic "Nether", what a other world it isn`t possible to do in MineTest.Is it true?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 16:49

The update of version 3.0 is nice and wonderful!!!

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 17:21

During of game i`ve noticed some errors:Ant Queen isn`t using custom_attack, Phoenix isn`t shooting fire, Pumpkin King isn`t using custom_attack too and after death him i`ve get error:
"Lua:Runtime error from mod "*builtin*" in callback luaentity_Punch0:/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_api.lua:179:bad argument #1 to 'get_luaentity' (userdata expected, got no value)
stack traceback:
(C): in function 'get_luaentity'
/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_api.lua:179: in function 'explosion'
/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/mobs/pumpking.lua:57: in function 'on_die'
/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/mobs/api.lua:241: in function 'check_for_death'
/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/mobs/api.lua:1814: in function </home/administrator/.minetest/mods/mobs/api.lua:1780>"

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 18:05

I`ve noticed another error:
"Lua: Runtime error from mod 'nssm' in callback luaentity_Step0: /home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_weapons.lua:230: attempt to index a nil value stack traceback:
/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_weapons.lua:230: in function 'default_on_step'
/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_weapons.lua:358: in function 'on_step'
/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_weapons.lua:319: in function </home/adminisrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_weapons.lua:319>

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Thu Nov 10, 2016 18:16

I can spin up a quick server to allow people to test together? :-P

EDIT eh, what the heck --

(same server as Not So Simple Server) (but with port 31000) / default password "ilovenssm"

This server is provided for testing purposes. It will be removed on the 17th of November, or perhaps sooner. It will not be publicly listed. It may reset at any time. It will reload with new updates from nssm and nssb dev branches regularly

npx

by npx » Thu Nov 10, 2016 22:52

Andrey01 wrote:NPX, i don`t have noticed some bugs for the present, but the dimension Morlendor haves only underground, and i thought what Morlendor will be in OTHER WORLD, AND IT WON`T UNDERGROUND.One a member wrote me in the topic "Nether", what a other world it isn`t possible to do in MineTest.Is it true?

Yes, it is true. It is not possible to create a new dimension in another world, so we created it underground but very low so that nobody can reach it without the portals.

Any way thank you for your kind words and for the testing! I've fixed the problem related to the pumpking even if I still have to work on the explosion function. I will look on the other problems in the next day. Continue your testing;)

taikedz wrote:I can spin up a quick server to allow people to test together? :-P

EDIT eh, what the heck --

(same server as Not So Simple Server) (but with port 31000) / default password "ilovenssm"

This server is provided for testing purposes. It will be removed on the 17th of November, or perhaps sooner. It will not be publicly listed. It may reset at any time. It will reload with new updates from nssm and nssb dev branches regularly

Thank You to! Maybe we are going to connect sometimes;)

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 16:42

npx wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:NPX, i don`t have noticed some bugs for the present, but the dimension Morlendor haves only underground, and i thought what Morlendor will be in OTHER WORLD, AND IT WON`T UNDERGROUND.One a member wrote me in the topic "Nether", what a other world it isn`t possible to do in MineTest.Is it true?

Yes, it is true. It is not possible to create a new dimension in another world, so we created it underground but very low so that nobody can reach it without the portals.

Any way thank you for your kind words and for the testing! I've fixed the problem related to the pumpking even if I still have to work on the explosion function. I will look on the other problems in the next day. Continue your testing;)
Have you fixed defects of Kamehamela, Ant Queen and Phoenix?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 17:14

Another error: when i want to come back in the simple world from Morlendor, home portal don`t work back.What to do?

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Fri Nov 11, 2016 23:28

The pump booms spawn in too commonly!
My mods:

npx

by npx » Sat Nov 12, 2016 08:28

It is beacause trees in mapgen v7 are more than those in mapgen v6, on wich nssm spawns were regulated... To resolve this and made it work on both mapgen, you have to write the number of the mapgen that you want to use (6 or 7) in the file spawn.lua after "mymapgenis =".

npx

by npx » Sat Nov 12, 2016 15:00

Andrey01 wrote:Another error: when i want to come back in the simple world from Morlendor, home portal don`t work back.What to do?

You cannot teleport more than one time every 30 seconds, have you tried to wait?

Andrey01 wrote:Have you fixed defects of Kamehamela, Ant Queen and Phoenix?

I have worked on the kamehameha, let me know if you still have problems.

Regarding the Ant Queen and the Phoenix I don't have problem with them, they work for me...

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 16:17

npx wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:Another error: when i want to come back in the simple world from Morlendor, home portal don`t work back.What to do?

You cannot teleport more than one time every 30 seconds, have you tried to wait?

Andrey01 wrote:Have you fixed defects of Kamehamela, Ant Queen and Phoenix?

I have worked on the kamehameha, let me know if you still have problems.

Regarding the Ant Queen and the Phoenix I don't have problem with them, they work for me...

Is that i can`t teleport in 30 seconds?Thank you for saying, but Ant Queen isn`t spawning Ant Soldiers and Phoenix isn`t shooting with fire. Have you that noticed?

taikedz

by taikedz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 16:34

Hi all,

It would probably be of interest to test this all in the same space, to avoid the "i cannot reproduce" bug reports...

I have opened up the server minetest.ducakedhare.co.uk : 31000 for anyone to test on

This way we can try to reproduce in the same environment... hope this helps

The server pulls updates from NSSM development and reboots HOURLY.
Last edited by taikedz on Sun Nov 13, 2016 02:07, edited 2 times in total.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 16:47

Again the error of Kienzan when i have thrown him:
"Lua: Runtime error from mod 'nssm' in callback luaentity_Step0:/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_weapons.lua:230: attempt to index a nil value stack traceback:
/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_weapons.lua:230 in function 'default_on_step'
/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_weapons.lua:371 in function 'on_step'
/home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_weapons.lua:319 in function </home/administrator/.minetest/mods/nssm/nssm_weapons.lua:318>

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 17:08

Next errors: Larva isn`t converting in Mantis Beast on attack, Manticore isn`t running me after shooting and Pumpkin King isn`t using custom_attack function

taikedz

by taikedz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 17:35

I have no issues with Kienzan on server with latest NSSM development - updated an hour ago

taikedz

by taikedz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 02:16

Andrey01 wrote:Next errors: Larva isn`t converting in Mantis Beast on attack,

Cannot reproduce - larva converts OK.

Andrey01 wrote:Manticore isn`t running me after shooting

Cannot reproduce - manticore can run, hit and shoot

Andrey01 wrote:Pumpkin King isn`t using custom_attack function

Cannot reproduce - pumpking can use pumpkins and punch

taikedz

by taikedz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 02:19

npx wrote:It is beacause trees in mapgen v7 are more than those in mapgen v6, on wich nssm spawns were regulated... To resolve this and made it work on both mapgen, you have to write the number of the mapgen that you want to use (6 or 7) in the file spawn.lua after "mymapgenis =".

.... my preferred mapgen is "valleys" .... XD

npx

by npx » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:24

taikedz wrote:.... my preferred mapgen is "valleys" .... XD

With the last commit "mymapgen=7" works fine with valleys mapgen and crocodiles and swimming ducks spawn in rivers.
Thanks for all this testing!

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:16

taikedz wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:Next errors: Larva isn`t converting in Mantis Beast on attack,

Cannot reproduce - larva converts OK.

Andrey01 wrote:Manticore isn`t running me after shooting

Cannot reproduce - manticore can run, hit and shoot

Andrey01 wrote:Pumpkin King isn`t using custom_attack function

Cannot reproduce - pumpking can use pumpkins and punch

It is strange, probably animations so is done, but i haven`t got it before in the past version 2.4

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:19

NPX, have you fixed errors from enumerating to me above?

npx

by npx » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:38

On my pc they works fine, have you tried them on Taikedz's server?

taikedz

by taikedz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:46

npx wrote:On my pc they works fine, have you tried them on Taikedz's server?

Please test on my server indeed. The server updates from nssm/development and nssb/development and then reboots, every hour, so any changes npx pushes there will be available within the same hour

There is also a /bugreport command in case you find a map gen error or such and need to report the location

I will be adding a way to give out monster eggs too so people can test the monsters more easily, sometime today.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 13:11

npx wrote:On my pc they works fine, have you tried them on Taikedz's server?

I am trying new version in my world

Kosmos

In-game: KosmosHD

by Kosmos » Sun Nov 13, 2016 18:03

You have made a trailer for version 3.0, but when come the version???

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases