[Mod] Angled Walls [1.2] [angledwalls]

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

Re: [MOD] Angled Walls [1.1] [angledwalls]

by TumeniNodes » Sun Jul 10, 2016 14:49

Milan* wrote:The recipe idea is not bad but keep in mind that many servers use the circular saw.
To have this stuff with recipes instead don't really make sense/confuse players i think.. .

Edit: maybe with some kind of specific saw if not as an enhanced circular saw?

That actually is a good idea. Maybe a miter saw..., though I am not sure I would know how to create such a thing. I could take a look at the circular saw to see how it was done.
Flick?... Flick who?

TumeniNodes

Re: [MOD] Angled Walls [1.2] [angledwalls]

by TumeniNodes » Sun Jul 10, 2016 18:53

Update 1.2

*Added a new model called "angledwalls_corner" (model provided by pithy, thank you).
This new model fixes the issue of a small space between angled wall and full nodes at a floor level.

*I also added some materials I had missed originally, such as glass, obsidian glass, snow, ice & diamond...
Flick?... Flick who?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Jul 28, 2016 16:04

It might be getting a bit much - like your name suggests: too many nodes :-) - by now. The nodes are also quite specific. What I'd rather love to have would be windows that could be put up in angled walls very much like you did in your picture - but without the sourrounding material that comes with them here. It's tricky to integrate windows inside sloped walls and might not even be doable...will have to check that out.
A list of my mods can be found here.

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Fri Jul 29, 2016 07:56

Sokomine wrote:It might be getting a bit much - like your name suggests: too many nodes :-) - by now. The nodes are also quite specific. What I'd rather love to have would be windows that could be put up in angled walls very much like you did in your picture - but without the sourounding material that comes with them here. It's tricky to integrate windows inside sloped walls and might not even be doable...will have to check that out.

When I started with the angled glass..., I simply used straight up glass and obsidian glass and noticed instantly they looked odd, due to the fact they become stretched out across the diagonal span.
That is why I opted to create the custom textures with the side fillers..., this made the angled glass equal to the straight glass dimensions, and looked better.
I guess I could add the straight glass textures back in (can't remember if I left them as alternates or not) I will have to glance over my code real quick later.
I will still be adding the arched/angled glass textures but have not been feeling so well lately, so I still have a couple left to finish before I add them in. (they do look pretty cool, If I do say so myself :P )
I did add glass and obsidian glass angled walls as well (but I don't think I pushed that to the repo yet) So that may be an option you might like as well?
Flick?... Flick who?

TumeniNodes

Re: [Mod] Angled Walls [1.2] [angledwalls]

by TumeniNodes » Fri Mar 24, 2017 19:47

I just re-blendered?, or remade the model for the angled glass, so they work as intended to use multiple textures from which ever texture pack the user chooses.
And then I can completely remove all those glass textures I put so much time into : / :P

I just have to fix a slight space between the glass node and the neighboring block.
But I am having difficulty sizing it just right, both horizontally, and vertically (it is a bit short on the sides, and a bit high at the top)

And then I will update the mod on github.

But I am wondering if someone might be able to help me with another aspect I wish to add to the angled walls?
SO I may postpone updating until this might be able to be implemented.

I would like to add a "connecting" code to the angled walls, using an overlay (if that is possible?)
SO when the user places an angled wall node, next to another, they become connected and smooth. Also when placing an angled wall next to a normal node, that it connects smoothly?

If someone has some input that can help with this, I would really appreciate it.
Attachments
screenshot_20.png
screenshot_20.png (256.69 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Flick?... Flick who?

Previous

Return to Mod Releases