[Mod] WorldEdit [1.0] [worldedit]

jan6

GitHub: jan69
IRC: jan6
In-game: jan6

Re: [Mod] WorldEdit [1.0] [worldedit] {GitHub}

by jan6 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 18:43

nice...
Last edited by jan6 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel art & music 4daWin!
I'm usually late for *great* things...
Growing up on Linux...
I know ,exept what I know...
I have a secret..it's so secret even I don't know what it is

jan6

by jan6 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 16:21

is there a command to clear out everything inside my area? so far i have to //replace everything (replace stone dirt coal dirt_with_grass etc. with air and then i can do what i want)
Growing up on Linux...

Naj

GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: naj

by Naj » Wed Jan 06, 2016 16:39

Try //set air

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sat Jan 16, 2016 23:35

I have noticed an issue with the worldedit gui button in the most recent minetest game. It covers up one of the slots for items in the creative inventory:

You can see that the tooltip for the item underneath is still visible, but I cannot take the item out of the creative inventory.
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

jp

GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Sun Jan 17, 2016 14:31

Evergreen : now fixed.

TheReaperKing

by TheReaperKing » Sun Feb 07, 2016 19:35

I love the addition of the wand, it makes life SO much easier. It reminds me of using the right mouse button when selecting in the Cube 2 engine. In that engine if you scroll the mousewheel one way it removes the blocks and the other way adds blocks. So you could select an area and then make a huge hole or a wall/tower. Not sure if that makes sense but the ease of use of it was really nice and that might be an idea for WorldEdit :) Thanks for all of your great work! Take care.
-Mike
Project Lead of the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing - http://Doom3Coop.com

Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/PlatinumArtsKids

jan6

Re: [Mod] WorldEdit [1.0] [worldedit]

by jan6 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 17:55

I found a bug: if you save a region of air and load it, then the game crashes...idk, maybe it's fixed in the latest version?
Growing up on Linux...

cHyper

IRC: cHyper
In-game: cHyper

by cHyper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 19:30

Evergreen wrote:I have noticed an issue with the worldedit gui button in the most recent minetest game. It covers up one of the slots for items in the creative inventory:

You can see that the tooltip for the item underneath is still visible, but I cannot take the item out of the creative inventory.

which mod is this please on this screenshot?

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Tue Mar 15, 2016 19:39

cHyper wrote:

It is not a mod.
That is the creative inventory that is in the new Minetest.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

cHyper

IRC: cHyper
In-game: cHyper

by cHyper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 20:12

Don wrote:
cHyper wrote:

It is not a mod.
That is the creative inventory that is in the new Minetest.

thanks for the info!

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Sun Apr 03, 2016 19:06

There is problem with WorldEdit gui that happens to some people, so you choose some category, press button, did something, and now press back, but it won't go back anymore, so you need literally log out of the game to fix it.
That problem was on some of the newer builds, but I can't post exact versions, sorry, at least 2 people confirmed that.
Video of the problem is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvhOsMx2AFA at 4:30

benrob0329

GitHub: Benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 20:24

A quick fix I found is that if you push the down arrow it'll go back to the normal inventory.

davidthecreator

In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

by davidthecreator » Wed Jul 13, 2016 23:20

is there a way to convert this worldedit "we" file to "mts" file?

KCoombes

In-game: Knatt or Rudilyn

by KCoombes » Thu Jul 14, 2016 20:57

use "//mtschemcreate (name)"

davidthecreator

In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

by davidthecreator » Fri Jul 15, 2016 21:17

KCoombes wrote:use "//mtschemcreate (name)"

thank you wery much! this helped me a lot, now i can make buildings made with worldedit spawn in the world!
this will let me make a realy cool thing....

BirgitLachner

In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Sat Jul 16, 2016 04:29

I have problems to place a loaded schematic properly. If there is enough place around I can handle it, because I can move an turn the schem as wanted to have it on the right place.

But if there are blocks around and I want to place something between thoose blocks, I can't do it.

It appears as if the pos1 that I do set before the loading of a schem is used to the former pos2 of the saved schem!? Or how is the position of the loaded schem set with regard to pos1?

Within Minecraft you copy an area directly and the copy is relative to the position where you stand while you give the command "//pos1". When using the "//paste"-command the copied area is pasted in relation to the place where you stand, when entering the command. This makes it possible to place an object really easy and exactly.
And ... it is even possible to turn a copied area around.

I wish Minetest-Worldedit would be able to
- save schematics depending on the place you stand
- load schematics depending on the place you stand or use pos1 for the former place where you stand while using the save-command (one variant is enough)
- rotate saved schematics

Thanks in advance :-)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Jul 29, 2016 18:11

davidthecreator wrote:thank you wery much! this helped me a lot, now i can make buildings made with worldedit spawn in the world!
this will let me make a realy cool thing....

Have a look at my mg_villages mod. It does take schematics and spawns them in villages and randomly. It might be too complex a mod if you just want a random structure placed very seldom. Mapgens can do that as well to some degree. ruins, pyramids etc. all do this one way or other.

BirgitLachner wrote:I have problems to place a loaded schematic properly. If there is enough place around I can handle it, because I can move an turn the schem as wanted to have it on the right place.

Use my handle_schematics mod. Just give yourshelf a build chest (handle_schematics:build), place it where you want, select the building, spawn it, and if you're not satisfied with the result, just restore the original landscape, remove the chest and try again at a more promising location.

BirgitLachner wrote:I wish Minetest-Worldedit would be able to

All these commands do that more or less. It's most likely rotation that's giving you trouble.

BirgitLachner wrote:- load schematics depending on the place you stand or use pos1 for the former place where you stand while using the save-command (one variant is enough)

Just use my handle_schematics mod. It does that. The schematic will be placed so that it shows up one node behind the build chest, properly rotated, extending behind and to the right side of the build chest. WorldEdit is great for repair work and building large scale, but if you want to copy/move buildings from one place to another, handle_schematics is much more useful.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Me Me and Me

In-game: MeMeandMe2

by Me Me and Me » Fri Aug 05, 2016 01:09

This mod is AWESOME!
Here's my train depot which I made copies of:

Attachments
me38.png
me38.png (612.31 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
My mod(s)
unternullPLUS

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Tue Aug 16, 2016 07:58

Sokomine wrote:
BirgitLachner wrote:I have problems to place a loaded schematic properly. If there is enough place around I can handle it, because I can move an turn the schem as wanted to have it on the right place.

Use my handle_schematics mod. Just give yourshelf a build chest (handle_schematics:build), place it where you want, select the building, spawn it, and if you're not satisfied with the result, just restore the original landscape, remove the chest and try again at a more promising location.

BirgitLachner wrote:I wish Minetest-Worldedit would be able to

All these commands do that more or less. It's most likely rotation that's giving you trouble.

BirgitLachner wrote:- load schematics depending on the place you stand or use pos1 for the former place where you stand while using the save-command (one variant is enough)

Just use my handle_schematics mod. It does that. The schematic will be placed so that it shows up one node behind the build chest, properly rotated, extending behind and to the right side of the build chest. WorldEdit is great for repair work and building large scale, but if you want to copy/move buildings from one place to another, handle_schematics is much more useful.

[/quote]

Thanks, I'll have a look at it!

843jdc

GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 21:44

After having used WorldEdit on one part of a map, I teleported to another area and tried to //p set1. That was 10 minutes ago. I am still waiting for my server to accept the command so I can cancel it and reset the server :/

At: https://github.com/Uberi/Minetest-World ... ommands.md,
your documentation for the //reset command states:
"Reset the region so that it is empty."
That tells me that if I execute that command, that it will set what is in the region to zero|nothing|nill|whatever. Since I don't want to destroy my map worse than I sometimes do using WorldEdit, I haven't tried this command yet.

But if that command means that it sets the pos1 & pos2 markers to zero|nothing|nill|whatever, so that they don't point to anything, perhaps that "Reset the region so that it is empty." phrase needs to be changed to something like: "Resets the pos1 & pos2 pointers to nil."

I love this mod! Great job making it. Though I'm sure even an expert WE user sometimes wishes that there was an UNDO function.

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Mon Sep 19, 2016 23:55

I've tried to use "Run LUA" command, it has example command included, but no matter how I change it, it still outputs "Hello World" :/

Fixed by now.
Last edited by Fixerol on Fri Oct 14, 2016 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

LegoLogger

IRC: BakerPrime
In-game: BakerPrime

by LegoLogger » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:37

I installed the dreambuilder modpack on my private server, worldedit comes with that, I LOVE this mod! I was able to create a base for a city and 1 skyscraper to put on the base in about 35 minutes!

(That same skyscraper, I also created on a vanilla minetest server, it took about 4 hours!)

+++++ :) :)

~Logger
I can be found on: LS world/LS creative, VE-building (VanessaEs creative building server) and sometimes skyblock or other VE servers.

h72david

by h72david » Sat Oct 15, 2016 07:30

Moderror: Error loading mod "Worldedit" : mod_name does not follow naming conven
tions: Only characters [a-z0-9_] are allowed

Please help me and i use Linux Mint 18 if that helps :)

edit: actually i found a way is because i have capitalized words

but now i get this
ModError: Failed to load and run /home/mynamehere/.minetest/worlds/test/worldmods/worldedit/init.lua
error from lua:
cannot open /home/mynamehere/.minetest/worlds/test/worldmods/worldedit/init.lua Permission denied

bigfoot547

GitHub: bigfoot547
In-game: bigfoot547

by bigfoot547 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 18:29

I have a question:
Can you please revive the //fixedpos command?
I have wanted to use worldedit in a mesecons command block.
God's not dead, He's surely alive!
My Stuff | My User Page | Check out my website!
<bigfoot547> I major in existing. | <RedPanda246> Not every day is good, but there is good in every day.
I, bigfoot, have this special ability to destroy cameras and recording devices within a 5 mile radius of myself. Mystery solved.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sat Oct 22, 2016 19:27

bigfoot547, l guess you can use the //lua command to adjust the positions of specific players

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Wed Dec 07, 2016 09:02

bark wrote:Thank you so much for creating this mod! It's probably the one I use the most, and I simply could not have played MT without it (because of CTS :))

I have a feature suggestion: Brush/landscaping tool. I initially posted this suggestion in "mod requests/ideas", but later realized it may fit better in this thread.

I'm missing thing, too. I think that it should not be too difficult. You have a tool, click on a block and create for example a sphere around the block. It's just a usage of the existing tools/commands.

Another tool that would be useful is to have a tool that smoothes the areas. If I place a big object with schematics it sometimes gives edges of rectangles that are not very nice. A tool to smooth edges like this and create smooth "transitions" between new areas would be usefull. That might be a bit more difficult.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Fri Dec 09, 2016 09:51

How about applying those in 3d on nodes in minetest?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art ... algorithms

sfan5

GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

Re:

by sfan5 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 18:25

Hybrid Dog wrote:How about applying those in 3d on nodes in minetest?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art ... algorithms

These algorithms take grids with arbitrary pixel values and turn them into bigger grids with different pixel values.
The first problem is mapping colors to nodes, the other problem is making it work with 3D.

tl;dr it would be absolutely horrible
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke
Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sun Dec 11, 2016 18:51

You could use stairs and slabs to smooth the area.

Codesound

by Codesound » Sat Dec 31, 2016 17:50

Hi,

I have two problems with minetest 0.4.15 and worldedit GUI:

- I can not go back to the inventory.... I have to restart the game each time... (in the image below, you see the screen from which I can not get out)
- frequently, when I place some blocks, one dark shadow will appear... (see image 002b); it's normal?
what I wrong?

Many and many thanks for this beautiful mod!

R
Attachments
002b.png
002b.png (752.79 KiB) Viewed 4632 times
001.png
001.png (128.66 KiB) Viewed 4632 times

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases