[mod] Underground Realms [0.8] [caverealms]

echosa

Re: [mod] Underground Realms [0.8] [caverealms]

by echosa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 16:44

I'm using this in my 0.4.15 game/modpack without issue (as far as I can tell). I've been to several caverealms and no errors in the log.

GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Wed Jan 04, 2017 02:09

Works for me as well :P
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

JoshMars

In-game: rubber UbuntuJosh

by JoshMars » Wed Jan 04, 2017 13:49

Try mining fire the cave fire.

JoshMars

In-game: rubber UbuntuJosh

by JoshMars » Wed Jan 04, 2017 13:52

My server kept crashing when a player would mine the cave fire. Gotta delete the code in nodes.lua that call functions from fire mod

Heraclitus

by Heraclitus » Fri Feb 03, 2017 13:57

Yes, I've experienced the same problem as JoshMars. If you accidentally (or deliberately) mine the fire in caverealms (or the skylands mod, for that matter), it will crash the server.

duane

GitHub: duane-r

by duane » Fri Feb 03, 2017 23:57

Heraclitus wrote:Yes, I've experienced the same problem as JoshMars. If you accidentally (or deliberately) mine the fire in caverealms (or the skylands mod, for that matter), it will crash the server.

There's a fire:permanent_flame node in the stock game now. Maybe replacing caverealms' flame with this will prevent any issues.

FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 23:57

A few weeks back I started working on a mod whose concept is similar to this one's; dfcaverns, an attempt to replicate the underground cavern layers of Dwarf Fortress in Minetest. Step one of any good project is of course "find some other good project to crib off of", so I started with caverealms as my base. In the process I wound up creating a separate mod I dubbed subterrane that handled all the core cavern-generating work, and while doing that I maintained my own fork of caverealms to make sure the core cavern-generating code was robust and versatile enough.

My version of caverealms is basically identical to the current one but I feel it is a better base to build on if anyone would like to tinker more. The notable differences are:

• Cavern types are determined using the game's built-in biome system rather than the mod using its own perlin noise. This means you can have cavern contents correspond to the surface environment (dry caverns under deserts, icy caverns under glaciers, etc).
  • There's a fill_node parameter so you can fill caverns with something other than default air
  • Duane's lava mitigation is built in, though I've found it a bit unreliable when dealing with default lava blobs (works great with my dfcavern mod's lava veins, though).
  • The giant mushrooms have variable dimensions, adding a little variety
  • Stone stalagmites and stalactites are horizontally aligned and can form columns when they're close enough together (dripstone features in real caves are like this)
  • I fixed the permanent fire bug
  • Internationalization support, though there are no translations other than English currently
  • Moved some settings into the game's built-in settings menu, under Advanced Settings -> Mods

Anyway, figured I should post here to let people know in case anyone wants to do something with this version. I don't expect to do much more with it myself now that I've got dfcaverns working but if I make any changes to subterrane in the future I'll keep this one up to date with it as well.

Previous

Return to Mod Releases