atlasmoon

In-game: atlasmoon

Re: [Mod] Unlimited dungeon generator [0.3.7] [catacomb]

by atlasmoon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 08:56

Hi Team
There is this wonderful MOD :
[Mod]Modular tunnel boring/building machine [digtron]
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16295&hilit=WorldEdit

But when I use both of those MODs "Catacomb" + "TBM", I keep facing the issue that when catacomb generate new "room" or corridor, sometime it "eat" my boring machine. So could you please make it that catacomb reorganize "TBM" block and doesn't generate over them (So I can keep digging and same time generating catacomb, and avoid seeing my machine disappear when a new room is generated and have to build new one).

Also, catacomb is a GREAT mod, but If I may suggest :
    It should not generate wall when it is on rock, so we can "mine", this may be wonderful (you may make generating block that doesn't create wall when facing rock only) (LOTR / Hobbit ;) ).
    It should not destroy existing generated dungeon, but "connect" to them.
    It should give the possibility to use pre existing template for rooms (a set of templates that generate together), so we may have catacomb with "better" rooms and we can put inside treasure, chests and MOB,even maybe use doors.

Thanks team

paramat

GitHub: paramat

by paramat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:02

To check for all TBM nodes for every node excavated would slow down this mod, but you could do this by altering the code if you want.
This mod doesn't destroy cobble dungeons, but currently destroys desert or sandstone dungeons.

FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 16:50

paramat wrote:To check for all TBM nodes for every node excavated would slow down this mod, but you could do this by altering the code if you want.
This mod doesn't destroy cobble dungeons, but currently destroys desert or sandstone dungeons.

Is there anything I could flag the Digtron's nodes with, besides ground_content = false? Maybe you could add some sort of "catacomb_mapgen_ignore" group to this mod that I could put on Digtron nodes?

If there's no way to add this in a general way without slowing down Catacomb, maybe add it as a user-configurable option to allow it to play nicer with other mods like this when they happen to be installed together. I could send you a pull request if you want me to do the work, weekend's coming up and I'll have some spare time.

paramat

by paramat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 13:09

My mod doesn't look at 'is_ground_content', the only way to stop certain nodes being eaten is to add their content ids to these checks https://github.com/paramat/catacomb/blob/master/init.lua#L414
The mod is very destructive and dungeons are meant to be generated by visiting them before anything valuable is placed nearby, remember it can also extend into nearby previously generated world (see the warning and set the limits).

FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Fri Jan 27, 2017 16:38

paramat wrote:My mod doesn't look at 'is_ground_content', the only way to stop certain nodes being eaten is to add their content ids to these checks https://github.com/paramat/catacomb/blob/master/init.lua#L414
The mod is very destructive and dungeons are meant to be generated by visiting them before anything valuable is placed nearby, remember it can also extend into nearby previously generated world (see the warning and set the limits).

This looks like a workable place to add some compatibility checks. How about adding this as a publicly accessible table:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
catacombs.protected_nodes = {[c_air] = true, [c_ignore] = true, [c_cobble] = true, [c_mobble] = true, [c_stobble] = true, [c_leaves] = true, [c_jleaves] = true, [c_apple] = true}

and then made that check simply "if not catacombs.protected_nodes[nodeid] then". Then I can add an optional dependency in Digtron and insert Digtron's node ids into that table myself, and other mods could do likewise if they needed to defend themselves against catacombs. Might be a bit more computationally efficient using a hash table lookup rather than a chain of comparisons, too.

FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 21:30

I've made a fork implementing this protection method over at https://github.com/FaceDeer/catacomb/, and updated Digtron to make use of it. It seems to be working on my local test world. Wound up adding two separate "protected node" tables, one for chambers and one for passages, since passages are meant to eat into worldgen dungeons and place stairs in air whereas chambers leave worldgen dungeons and air alone.

For other modders' reference, here's where I added catacomb defense in Digtron (ignore the stray minetest.debug call, I didn't clean up properly before submitting :) Something similar should work for any mod that fears the catacombs.

paramat

by paramat » Sun Jan 29, 2017 00:07

Yeah it's best you make a fork as i tend to want to keep my mod exactly as i want it.

Previous

Return to Mod Releases