[Mod] Unified Inventory [1.0] [unified_inventory]

Marshall_maz

In-game: Mazal

Re: [Mod] Unified Inventory [1.0] [unified_inventory]

by Marshall_maz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 09:21

I ran into something strange now.

I was playing and unified_inventory works perfectly , then suddenly the crafter started to behave differently.
When I click on the right on an item , instead of showing me how to craft that item , it shows what that item can be used for and in what recipes that item is used. I think I must have clicked something to change it to this behaviour. How can I get it back to show the normal way of how to craft an item I click on ? creative is off.

balthazariv

by balthazariv » Sun Aug 17, 2014 06:30

Hello,

I like it. Good work
It might be necessary to add a categorization to be able to find items more easily.
Thanks

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Aug 17, 2014 14:31

Marshall_maz wrote:When I click on the right on an item , instead of showing me how to craft that item , it shows what that item can be used for and in what recipes that item is used. I think I must have clicked something to change it to this behaviour. How can I get it back to show the normal way of how to craft an item I click on ? creative is off.

You've probably found out by now anyway, but just for the record: That new behaviour sometimes happens, and is pretty useful. Ever wondered what any mysterious item is good for? Now we can finally check.

In order to see what can be crafted with a particular item, display a receipe where that item is the result of the crafting. Click on the result field, and you'll get the list of all receipes that use it.

In order to get back to normal mode, just click on any of the indigrents of any crafting receipe.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Minetestforfun

GitHub: Darcidride
IRC: Darcidride + MinetestForFun
In-game: Darcidride + MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 00:01

Hi,

Very good mod, i used it from the beginning of my server :)

But, someone can help me ?
i need to make a change and i don't know how make it, I want the bags are emptied when a player die, is it possible, can you help me please ?

mgl

GitHub: mgl512

by mgl » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:57

Minetestforfun wrote:i need to make a change and i don't know how make it, I want the bags are emptied when a player die, is it possible, can you help me please ?

I think it's the drop_on_die mod in your case (I am Le_Docteur on your server). Its code is not even aware that you can have bags. It can be fixed there.

Edit: PMed you the code.

SomeGuyMTofficial

IRC: someguy_irc
In-game: someguy

by SomeGuyMTofficial » Wed Oct 29, 2014 14:15

realbadangels website is down.
๖ۣۜSomeGuy(⌐■_■)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
just chilling.

Fritigern

In-game: Fritigern

by Fritigern » Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:21

SomeGuyMTofficial wrote:realbadangels website is down.

Then get the mod from https://github.com/minetest-technic/uni ... master.zip
--
This is NOT a sig.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:52

My problem is solved, i modified my dropondie mod,

Thank you mgl !

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri Oct 31, 2014 17:07

Minetestforfun wrote:My problem is solved, i modified my dropondie mod,

If you didn't do so already, please tell players at your spawn about the modification so that they won't expect normal behaviour.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Fri Oct 31, 2014 17:36

@Sokomine

Good idea, i will add it

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 22:57

I want to be able to display my mapit map (https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9219) from unified_inventory. The mapit form should replace the unified_inventory form when the mapit button on unified inventory is clicked.

I've got the following code in the mapit init.lua file (modified from 3d_armor), but it fails with "attempt to index global 'unified_inventory' (a nil value)". generateMapStrings() returns the formspec string.

I would have thought unified inventory would have to be loaded before you can reference it, but not sure how to ensure this (if it's even needed). Also not sure how to make the button fire my form (I'm presuming the button will fire the page=form if it has the same name). Can anyone help me with what I should be doing?

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
if minetest.get_modpath("unified_inventory") then
   unified_inventory.register_button("mapit", {
      type = "image",
      image = "unified_inventory_mapit.png",
   })
   unified_inventory.register_page("mapit", {
      get_formspec = generateMapStrings(),
   })
end

ShadowNinja

GitHub: ShadowNinja
IRC: ShadowNinja
In-game: ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Sat Feb 07, 2015 00:15

dgm5555 wrote:[My code] fails with "attempt to index global 'unified_inventory' (a nil value)". generateMapStrings() returns the formspec string.

I would have thought unified inventory would have to be loaded before you can reference it, but not sure how to ensure this (if it's even needed). Also not sure how to make the button fire my form (I'm presuming the button will fire the page=form if it has the same name).

You need to add UI as an optional dependency.
get_formspec should return a table, not a string.
IIRC buttons open the page of their name by default.
I play on my Minetest server and VanessaE's.
The best way to contact me is usually IRC (InchraNet, freenode).

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 21:34

@ShadowNinja: Thanks. By table I presume you mean this (what I would call a string):-
size[14.820512820513,11]image[7.6038461269476,5.9330316775705;0.4,0.4;d40.png^[transformFY]background[0,0;13.820512820513,11;mapit.png]button[14.020512820513,0;0.8,0.8;zoomIn;z+]button[14.020512820513,1;0.8,0.8;zoomOut;z-]button[14.020512820513,2;0.8,0.8;updateMap;reMap]image_button[14.020512820513,3;0.8,0.8;logo.png;teleport;T]image_button[14.020512820513,4;0.8,0.8;teleport.png;TP;TP]

Also, is there any way of forcing some (or if the only way, all) of the UI buttons from not showing when you click the map button? I don't really want this, although by clicking on any of the mapit buttons, it then refreshes and correctly displays.

Actually what I would ideally like is when the IIRC buttons was pressed it could call a function (as the formspec is also out of date and inaccurate until it is refreshed by pressing one of the other buttons).
Currently the best I can do is have a basic 'switch to mapit' button which then correctly loads the full map when clicked, but two clicks isn't as classy as one...

ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Tue Feb 10, 2015 04:58

By table I mean an actual Lua table. There are flags to disable drawing of the inventory and buttons. For example:
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
get_formspec = function(player)
        return {formspec=generateMapStrings(), draw_inventory=false, draw_item_list=false}
end

I don't know exactly what you mean by a button function, but you can define a custom UI button handler with the action attribute (see register.lua). Just call unified_inventory.set_inventory_formspec(player, page) at the end if you want it to change the page.

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 21:22

@ShadowNinja: By a button function, I mean something like this. ie you can define a function to call when button is pressed (instead of registering a form). BTW Thanks for all your help.

if minetest.get_modpath("unified_inventory") then
   inv_mod = "unified_inventory"
   unified_inventory.register_button("mapit", {
      type = "image",
      image = "unified_inventory_mapit.png",
-- ******** define function to call when button is pressed (instead of having to register a form)
      function = "mapitUIfunction()",
   })
end

mahmutelmas06

GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:29

Could someone share Waypoints mod for unified inventory ?

I found it
Last edited by mahmutelmas06 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods:

Beverage

Badake

In-game: Badake

by Badake » Wed Mar 25, 2015 17:14

Hi folks. I'm having a little difficulty with this mod on the android version.
The standard inventory screen closes via the backup button on the device but does not close with this mod. Tried it on 3 devices all do the same.
I was using inventory++ on my family server but want to use this as the crafting menu is very helpful for the kids. Is there a bit of code i can insert to fix this little issue?

Server is running 4.12 client with version checking disabled so both android and pc clients can access it.
Thanks

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Wed Mar 25, 2015 21:51

Try double-tapping outside the dialog (i.e. on the part of the playfield/world that's visible around the sides of the Unified Inventory display).
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Wed Mar 25, 2015 22:39

VanessaE wrote:Try double-tapping outside the dialog (i.e. on the part of the playfield/world that's visible around the sides of the Unified Inventory display).

On my phone there is no outside to the dialog. The formspec fills the entire screen. I noted that way back in the original Android development thread. But the vanilla inventory is fine.
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

Badake

In-game: Badake

by Badake » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:06

Thats quite right the phone screen is full, menu even goes off the edges. On the wifes kindle fire there is space on the outside though. Tapping the outside does not close the menu.
I'll study the code a bit when i can get to hide in my cave for a couple of hours and see where the difference lies.

orangebiscuit

by orangebiscuit » Tue Mar 31, 2015 22:38

Hi, my unified inventory appears to be squished/flattened and not allowing me precision as to which space in the crafting table I click in. I'm using Sphax, so could that be the source of the problem?

Thanks,
OrangeBiscuit

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Wed Apr 01, 2015 00:13

If Sphax is supplying images for Unified Inventory, that could indeed do it. The image formatting and layout changed a couple of times while back. Sphax's imagery might be out of date.

orangebiscuit

by orangebiscuit » Wed Apr 01, 2015 13:33

VanessaE wrote:If Sphax is supplying images for Unified Inventory, that could indeed do it. The image formatting and layout changed a couple of times while back. Sphax's imagery might be out of date.

Thank you very much, I deleted the Sphax textures and now all is well.

supercutsminetest

by supercutsminetest » Fri Apr 17, 2015 21:37

When I hit go_home - I fall through the floor. My home, from 2 nodes above floor until fall, is air, air, air, cobblestone, air, air, air. I am not moving when I do it, and I have tried resetting home (always in the same node placement though.) I won't fall if there is not air under the node I set as home.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Fri Apr 17, 2015 23:14

supercutsminetest wrote:When I hit go_home - I fall through the floor. My home, from 2 nodes above floor until fall, is air, air, air, cobblestone, air, air, air. I am not moving when I do it, and I have tried resetting home (always in the same node placement though.) I won't fall if there is not air under the node I set as home.

It happens sometimes in my server also...

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sat Apr 18, 2015 01:11

Try placing an extra block of something random like dirt, where you want your home position to be, so that the floor there is two nodes thick. Climb on top of that dirt block and set your home location, then remove the dirt.

When you next hit the "go home" button, you'll teleport to where the top of the dirt was, initiating a harmless 1-node fall to the floor.

supercutsminetest

by supercutsminetest » Sat Apr 18, 2015 01:57

VanessaE wrote:Try placing an extra block of something random like dirt, where you want your home position to be, so that the floor there is two nodes thick. Climb on top of that dirt block and set your home location, then remove the dirt.

When you next hit the "go home" button, you'll teleport to where the top of the dirt was, initiating a harmless 1-node fall to the floor.

Smart work around - I like it!.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:41

It's the trick players used in my server, but it's not a "clean" solution, but thank you to disclose that point ! :)

ShadowNinja

by ShadowNinja » Sat Apr 18, 2015 19:35

supercutsminetest wrote:When I hit "Go home," I fall through the floor.

Fixed.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Sun Jun 28, 2015 09:07

Update: There is now a "lite" mode for Unified Inventory. To get it, set unified_inventory_lite = true in your minetest.conf. By default, the mod still operates in "full" mode, and no functional changes have been made there. The "lite" mode uses a smaller formspec and reduces the feature set as follows:

There are no bags, no waypoints, no home/go-home buttons, and no day/night buttons.

The creative inventory/craft guide inventory on the right is reduced to a 4x6, 24-items-per-page layout, instead of the usual 8x10, 80-items-per-page layout.

The search field and paging buttons have been condensed and moved closer to that inventory, and the "tab" buttons have been moved to the space below them. External mods can still register new buttons, but there is only room for 8 of them, divided into two rows (as opposed to around 14 on a single row).

Other minor rearrangements have been made to labels and such to further reduce the size of the formspec.

In addition, unrelated to the above, some additional minor rearrangement has been done to the craft guide for "full" mode as well, to clean up some label overlaps that happen with larger fonts.

PreviousNext

Return to Old Mods