MTSatellite: A "realtime" web mapping system for Minetest

s-l-teichmann

GitHub: s-l-teichmann
In-game: KimJongKlaus

Re: MTSatellite: A "realtime" web mapping system for Minetes

by s-l-teichmann » Sun Jun 05, 2016 13:45

We use MTSatellite 0.8 for half a month with a MT 0.4.14 server without any problems.

Currently we have an Go 1.7 beta compiled version installed which gives a performance
boost over the 1.6.2 compiled version up to 15% on our AMD64 system.

As the new Go compiler chain is still experimental use it with care. I've updated the
compile instructions [1].

[1] https://bitbucket.org/s_l_teichmann/mts ... COMPILE.md

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:05

When trying to run mtredisalize I get
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
2017/02/18 04:59:01 IO error: /home/minetest/.minetest/worlds/world/map.sqlite/LOCK: Not a directory

no matter what world I try with. But I'm noobish.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

s-l-teichmann

by s-l-teichmann » Mon Feb 20, 2017 14:01

@temex

Looks like you have configure a LevelDB as backend but you path points to a SQLite database.

If you want mtredisalize to use a SQLite backend you have to use '-driver=sqlite' as an option.

texmex

by texmex » Mon Feb 20, 2017 14:56

s-l-teichmann wrote:If you want mtredisalize to use a SQLite backend you have to use '-driver=sqlite' as an option.

Oh okay, I'll try that! Thank you. Is it not recommended, since it's not in the instructions?
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

s-l-teichmann

by s-l-teichmann » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:47

@texmex You can use it.

It is not 'recommended' in the way as we don't use SQLite as our productive backend. So
the SQLite code path is not tested in production as good as the the LevelDB path.

But for small/medium sized worlds with not too many users/viewers it is fast enough because
there are some optimizations inside mtsatellite to ensure this. If I do some feature development
I often use the SQLite backend first because of its straight out of the box setup. So I am pretty
sure that all works as expected. ;-)

texmex

by texmex » Fri Feb 24, 2017 14:16

Thank you for explaining. My servers are small and private, so SQLite should suffice.

Previous

Return to Minetest-Related