Minetest Story Mode is possible, with a diffrent name.

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

In-game: TailsTheFox

Minetest Story Mode is possible, with a diffrent name.

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sun Nov 13, 2016 18:09

I found a way we could possibly do it,we could make it a youtube game by using links and annotation.
How it would work:
If you clicked an option of what to do( like in Minecrap Story Mode) it'll send you to a different video which works as the option you selected, which then goes on to have more options in that video, and we could possibly use it for action scenes too, and then so on and so forth. And the only part that should be public is the main menu video, all the other ones should be unlisted, not private, unlisted, this means it is still accessible, but only by it's link, which can be put in an annotation.
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFeeKPXC-HA
WARNING: Please don't watch too long or you will lose IQ.
And it's better because you can go back options.
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: Minetest Story Mode is possible, with a diffrent name.

by MineYoshi » Mon Nov 14, 2016 16:04

Welll... If you really have the time. I guess that you can :D
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 14:53

No.

No no no no no.

Umm.

No.

Though I was thinking the other day about a way of implementing a mod that would move a player, set pitch and yaw etc so that it would work as a 3rd person camera, for recording purposes.... could be interesting..... one could possibly use it to make cinematic-like videos....

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Mon Dec 12, 2016 23:54

taikedz wrote:No.

No no no no no.

Umm.

No.

Though I was thinking the other day about a way of implementing a mod that would move a player, set pitch and yaw etc so that it would work as a 3rd person camera, for recording purposes.... could be interesting..... one could possibly use it to make cinematic-like videos....

Blender animation is easier and professional. They didn't the cuts with the game, they did it with 3d animation.
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

sofar

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 06:38

taikedz wrote:Though I was thinking the other day about a way of implementing a mod that would move a player, set pitch and yaw etc so that it would work as a 3rd person camera, for recording purposes.... could be interesting..... one could possibly use it to make cinematic-like videos....

https://github.com/sofar/camera

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 19:50

Thanks sofar

Admittedly, more than that

So admittedly too, more chances for my fail.

We shall see what we shall see.

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Tue Dec 13, 2016 21:07

sofar wrote:https://github.com/sofar/camera

does the camera follow the player or can you set it to a static position to record your building process?

sofar

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Fri Dec 16, 2016 03:50

firefox wrote:
sofar wrote:https://github.com/sofar/camera

does the camera follow the player or can you set it to a static position to record your building process?

This camera has a recording mode and a playback mode. However, during recording you can't "play normally" since the player physics is changed. It's purely meant to make cinematic camera /demo shots where you fly around landscapes, not to record gameplay.

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Tue Feb 07, 2017 03:44

One thing to note is that you need to have things a bit more advanced looking model, you would need blender, or something like what i have, another way is how Stikbots do it. :P
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 18:10

Minetest Story Mode ... seriously?
I think it is a bit too early to think about it. No matter how you implement it.
Minetest Game is a bit too limited to really tell a story around it. Especially since there are no mobs. It's probably not impossible, but I guess you have to invent a lot of stuff which doesn't actually exist in Minetest Game. This is a problem as this may make the story appear to be a bit more … constructed. But I suppose with enough creativity you can come up with great stories anyway. Have fun trying to explain away the fact that there are only humans. ;-)
For other subgames this *may* be easier. But the actual problem is:
You need a freaking story! No story = no story mode. xD

So far, I haven't seen any idea for a story. I think you should first come up with a story, and then think of the implementation. Not vice-versa. :-)

PS: I enjoyed Minecraft Story Mode … by watching it in a Let's Play on YouTube! :D Seriously, these videos are more than enough, I don't think you actually have to obtain the “original”. :D Yes, I have too much time.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Sat Mar 11, 2017 20:59

Wuzzy wrote:Minetest Story Mode ... seriously?
I think it is a bit too early to think about it. No matter how you implement it.
Minetest Game is a bit too limited to really tell a story around it. Especially since there are no mobs. It's probably not impossible, but I guess you have to invent a lot of stuff which doesn't actually exist in Minetest Game. This is a problem as this may make the story appear to be a bit more … constructed. But I suppose with enough creativity you can come up with great stories anyway. Have fun trying to explain away the fact that there are only humans. ;-)
For other subgames this *may* be easier. But the actual problem is:
You need a freaking story! No story = no story mode. xD

So far, I haven't seen any idea for a story. I think you should first come up with a story, and then think of the implementation. Not vice-versa. :-)

PS: I enjoyed Minecraft Story Mode … by watching it in a Let's Play on YouTube! :D Seriously, these videos are more than enough, I don't think you actually have to obtain the “original”. :D Yes, I have too much time.

Well the fact that Minetest doesnt have much is actually a good thing sometimes since it lets you bend around the story more, because MCSM had to follow laws of minecraft obviously while this one follows Minetest laws (NOTE: There is no laws in the world of Minetest)
My mods:

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 23:46

That's nice, but for a “Story Mode” you still have to come up with a story, no matter if Minecraft, Minetest, Voxelands or RandomSequenceOfWordsCraft. ;-)
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

Return to Minetest-Related