[game] Test the beast [v.0.3]

Miner59

[game] Test the beast [v.0.3]

by Miner59 » Sun May 17, 2015 22:39

Hello,

this is a new subgame which contains some mods with useful tools and machines.
Although provides very beautiful landscape because it contains paragenv7 mod for map generation and additionally moretrees mod with huge, beautiful trees.
Most mods are less or more edited to reduce bugs and add additional stuff.

Mods:
compassgps
craft guide
exertion (hunger+thirst)
fireworks (self-made version, firework explosion from hybriddog's and crazyginger72's code)
glowdirt
homedecor (an older/smaller version)
jumping(at the moment buggy in v. 0.4.12, but pull request with a fix is waiting)
kpgmobs
mesecons
monorail (with much code from carts mod because it was very buggy)
moreblocks
moreores
moretrees
paragenv7
plantlife
protector
technic (older version, with some new tools and stuff)
throwing (bows&arrows)
travelnet (only elevator box active)

and all mods from minetest_game:
beds, boats, bones, bucket, creative, default, doors, dye, farming, fire, flowers,
give_initial_stuff, screwdriver, sethome, stairs, tnt, vessels, wool, xpanes

License(s):
Several licenses, see list:

+ Spoiler

Recommended mapgen v7

Ores are made a bit harder too find in this subgame!

More information and pictures coming soon.

Screenshots:

Image Image
Image Image

Download:

newest version:
https://github.com/Miner59/Test-The-Beast/archive/master.zip
You need to extract the downloaded .zip file to the directory 'games'
inside your minetest folder.

Github repository:
https://github.com/Miner59/Test-The-Beast

Edit: added screenshots, added license
Last edited by Miner59 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 06:34, edited 12 times in total.

Miner59

Re: [game] Test the beast [v.0.2]

by Miner59 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:57

Description of items in this modpack (WIP):

For a crafting guide please craft one inside the game with 5 sticks in this shape (/=group:stick):

/ /
/ /
/

Technic modpack

Electric circuits:

To build an electric circuit you need a generator and a producer. Although there needs to be a switching station in every electric circuit and of course you need cables to connect all together. You need to make sure everything you connect has the right tier of electricity. There is LV, MV and HV. Which one you should use depends on what input your producer needs, which you want to build. To convert electricity from HV to MV and from MV to LV you can use a supply converter.

Basic electric items:

ImageImageImage LV, MV & HV cable:
Needed to connect electric machines and to build a electric circuit. Can only be connected to other cables or machines with the same type of tier, LV only to LV, MV only to MV and HV only to HV. Otherwise it won't work.

It is best to connect machines from the block under the machine, this should always work. If you connect a cable to the side or the top of a machine it can work, but there can be bugs where it doesn't connect and the machine will not work.

Image Switching station:
It calculates how many power is produced and how many power is needed. In every electric there needs to be one switching station or it will not work. The switching station works on all kind of electricity, LV, MV and HV.
It needs to be connected from the block underneath it with a cable.

Image Supply converter:
Converts down electric power. It can turn HV to MV or MV to LV power. To connect it to a electric circuit you have to put a cable (HV or MV), which provides the input power on the block under the supply converter and a cable (MV or LV), which receives the output power on top of it.
If you have problems with machines don't get enough power because the supply converter don't supplies enough energy, you can build a battery box which stores the power from the supply converter and make it work smoother.

Image Image Image LV/MV/HV Battery Box:
Stores energy when more energy is produced than needed and unloads its energy again when there is more energy needed than produced. Used to charge some electric tools, which can be put inside the battery box.

Producers:

Image Image Image LV/MV/HV Generator:
Produces power when you put coal or other fuel items inside it.

Image Image Image Image Solar Panel (LV), LV/MV/HV Solar Array:
Produces solar energy. Needs to be put outside and above ground to produce power during the day. Solar Panel and LV solar array are both LV-producers, but the LV solar array produces much more energy.

Image Water Mill (LV):
Produces energy when there is flowing water around the water mill.

Image Geothermal Generator (LV):
Produces energy when there are lava sources AND water sources on the for sides around it. It produces more energy when it is placed deeper underground.

Consumers:
Image Image Electric Furnace (LV, MV):
Works like a normal furnace, just with electric power instead of fuel. The MV version is faster than the LV one.

Image Image Grinder (LV, MV):
Very useful for grinding lumps of almost all ores to dust. Because you can smelt the dust later to ingots and you get 2 dusts from one lump of an ore you can double the amount of ingots you get. Can although used to get sand from smooth stone or gravel from cobblestone.

Image Image Image Alloy Furnace (Coal-driven, LV, MV):
The alloy furnace has a special coal-driven version which don't need any electric circuit and is powered by filling a fuel inside it. There are two electric alloy furnace versions for LV and MV power.
An alloy furnace is needed for example to make carbon steel from coal dust and default steel. Other items made with an alloy furnace are silcon wafers and stainless steel.

Image Compressor (LV):
Compresses items to make other items from it. You need a compressor to make some special stone types like marble or granite.

Image Extractor (LV):
Can be used to extract more dyes from flowers than crafting them into dye. Although has additional recipes to make dye from some items, which can't be crafted in crafting grid.

Image Tool workshop (MV):
Repairs slowly tools which you can put inside the tool workshop. Rechargeable tools can't be repaired here, they need to be charged in a battery box

Image Forcefield Emitter (HV):
Builds a forcefield in a distance you can select in a formspec menu. Other players cant go through the forcefield. Needs extreme amounts of power, otherwise the forcefield collapses. Can be toggled on and off when you connect it with mesecons.

Electric tools:

(need to be charged in a battery box first before you can use it)

Image Chainsaw:
Cuts whole trees with one click. If you punch a tree trunk or leaves with a chainsaw it cuts all connected trunks and leaves at the height you clicked and above. Sneak and click only cuts the type of tree on which you click, no other adjecent trees. Be careful that you don't destroy your house when you used tree trunks or cactus to build it!
The dropped items are placed on ground around the place you cutted the tree down.

Image Sonic Screwdriver:
Like a standard screwdriver, but is rechargeable in battery box.

Image Vacuum Cleaner:
Cleans the ground from items lying around. It sucks up all items inside a radius of 7 nodes. It can store 16 stacks in a hidden inventory, then it is full. To empty it hold sneak key and click with it. You get all items inside in your own inventory. Additionally you can suck items out of chest when you point on a chest while punching, or place the items in vacuum cleaner in a chest by holding sneak and punching while pointing on a chest. (modified version, originally a pull request on github for technic modpack)

Image Lawnmower:
If you hold it in one of your first 8 inventory slots, it cuts automatically all grass when you walk over it. Punching with it toggles mode to additionally cut flowers, too. Sneak+punch toggles mode to collect grass in inventory, leave it lying on ground or to completely remove the grass.

ImageImageImage Mining Laser (Mk1-Mk3):
Shots a laser beam, which diggs holes in the stone, for very fast mining. Very expensive to craft. There is basic version of it (Mk1) and 2 improved version (Mk2 and Mk3).

ImageImageImage Mining Drill (Mk1-Mk3):
Digs the nodes you point with it very fast. Although has basic version and two improved versions. Mining Drill Mk3 is the item which needs the most diamonds to craft it in the whole subgame.

Other Tools:

Image Tree tap:
Used to get raw latex from rubber trees. When you punch a rubber tree trunk with it changes its texture and you get one raw latex. After some time the rubber tree trunk changes back again to its standard texture. You can melt raw latex then to rubber, used for mv and hv cables and other items in technic mod. Tool breaks after some time.

Image Clock:
Punch with the clock in your hand to toggle it on or off. If it is on, a small symbol is shown in your HUD, a sun on day or a moon on night. There are also same intermediate states showing morning and evening. You can move the symbol around your screen by holding an arrow key while you punch with the clock in your hand. (not optimal because you are running around while doing this). With a clock and some oak wood and a few iron you can craft a standing cuckoo clock, which you can place on the map like other nodes. In the morning it plays a cuckoo sound.

Image Diving Gear:
Restores your breath under water, so you don't need to get back to surface to breath.
The diving gear item needs to be put in the first 8 inventory slots or in the crafting grid so it is active.
If it is worn out completely, it means the air is empty and you start drowning. You can recharge air by placing the diving gear and a gas cylinder in crafting grid. You get a gas cylinder if you put a steel vessel in a compressor.

ImageImage Water & Lava can:
The water can can store 16 water sources and the lava can has place for 8 lava sources.
Last edited by Miner59 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 21:03, edited 13 times in total.

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Jul 02, 2015 18:06

WOW!
I thought I was the only one who thought of a "Test the beast"
Now I know I'm DOUBLE wrong! ;D
I like and appreciate this effort to (somewhat lol) try to recreate Minecraft's behemoth Feed The Beast modpack.
I hope you have not abandoned this. I'm just waiting for jordan4ibanez to finish with his DAMN train mod so you can have that too.
Cheers
-ABJ

EDIT: And I'm surprised no one saw this before.

Miner59

Re: [game] Test the beast [v.0.3]

by Miner59 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 20:55

Hi,
version 0.3 has been uploaded to github, including some updates and a few new tools I made.

Updated are monorails mod and paragenv7 mod.

Then I added a new mod: jumping mod written by jeiji, which adds trampolines and a cushion.
I made the strength of trampoline a bit more random like in original mod.
The trampoline glitches heavily at moment, but I hope bouncy blocks are fixed soon in minetest.

Then I added a cuckoo sound for my "cuckoo" clock I made some time ago. I added quotation marks because it doesn't really look like a real cuckoo clock, I just took the oak wood texture and made it display sun or moon for showing time of day. And around 6:00 in morning you can hear cuckoo sound now.

New tools:
A electric lawnmower and diving gear.

The lawnmower need to be hold in your first 8 inventory slots, then it cuts grass when you walk around on the map.
It has different modes which can be toggled by punching it, or by holding sneak key and punching it. You can select to cut flowers too or to not collect the cutted grass.
You have to charge it in a battery box before you can use it.

The diving gear simply allows you to stay under water without drowning.
It is a bit difficult to craft, because you need several parts first: A diving helmet, a diving suit, made itself of vest and trousers, then diving boots and a gas cylinder. It's not the most modern looking diving gear, but important thing is that it works. You get a gas cylinder when you put a steel bottle from vessels mod in a compressor. How to make the other things needed, look in craft guide please. The diving gear has a wear, representing the air which is left. If you put another gas cylinder and a diving gear in crafting grid you can recharge air again.
It need to be hold in the crafting grid or in the first 8 inventory slots to work and prevent you from drowning.

ABJ wrote:WOW!
I thought I was the only one who thought of a "Test the beast"
Now I know I'm DOUBLE wrong! ;D
I like and appreciate this effort to (somewhat lol) try to recreate Minecraft's behemoth Feed The Beast modpack.
I hope you have not abandoned this. I'm just waiting for jordan4ibanez to finish with his DAMN train mod so you can have that too.
Cheers
-ABJ

EDIT: And I'm surprised no one saw this before.
Hello,

No, I don't abandoned it, and I already plan to add more tools. I don't know if I should add train mod, you can always add additional mods to your game, even if they are not in this subgame.
And thanks for your nice post, ABJ!

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sun Jul 19, 2015 09:48

Miner59 wrote:Description of items in this modpack (WIP):[…]
nice descriptions

Return to Subgame Releases