[Game] Pixture

kaadmy

GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

Re: [Game] Pixture

by kaadmy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 18:51

Any other bugs/problems?
If you have an idea for something, tell me, and I'll try to get it added (if it's within reason of this subgame :)
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

necron099

by necron099 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 19:42

Kaadmy, Haven't found any bugs yet but...

Is there going to be a food source in the wasteland biome?

Is swamp grass going to craftable like a regular grass clump?

The fluid sink rate @ 50? On the positive side it does make getting to the bottom a lot faster :)

I vote for this game to be included with Minetest. I think it would be easier for people that have played Minecraft to play this instead of the default one.

P.S. The addition of skunks is pretty cool.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 20:02

I want to have special uses for swamp grass and dry grass. Maybe put swamp grass near a fire (not implemented yet) and it becomes grass? And grass>heat>dry grass.
Fluid sink rate is a bit high ;) Because I'm evil.
Wasteland has food, the skunks :)

neoascetic

GitHub: neoascetic
IRC: neoascetic
In-game: neoascetic

by neoascetic » Sun Jan 10, 2016 15:17

@kaadmy

Thank you for such good game! I fall in love with its visual style, and I think it should be bundled with official game package, so I decided to include it in my nightly and stable Minetest builds for OSX.

I have few questions, though. First of all, are all mods that packaged with the game written completely by you? I guess yes, because of readme files. This is a big amount of work! The second question is: why don't you have all these mods as separate repos on Github to make it easy to reuse them in other games (for example, your cool weather mod)?

Thank you again.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 20:14

@neoascetic

Thanks ;)

If anybody wants the mods, it should be easy to just copy the mod directory, so I wouldn't worry about that right now/

The weather mod is verybuggy right now, and will take a lot of work to make it run satisfactorily without lag problems/uneven weather coverage.

Most mods are completely my own, but some (like hunger, mobs, item_drop, tnt) are existing mods, but heavily modified.

DS-minetest

GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

by DS-minetest » Tue Feb 09, 2016 15:39

ive played on server, i really like it
the subgame needs aggressive mobs (not only this suicide turtle), u can play it to fast through, map doesnt seem to work and the birds hurt my ears
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.

Ivà

GitHub: melzua
IRC: melzua
In-game: melzua

by Ivà » Tue Feb 09, 2016 17:35

DS-minetest wrote:ive played on server, i really like it
the subgame needs aggressive mobs (not only this suicide turtle), u can play it to fast through, map doesnt seem to work and the birds hurt my ears

Hi DS, what do you mean by 'map doesnt seem to work'?

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 17:44

I'll soften the birdcalls, and other mobs are planned. If you have any ideas of less generic and more unique mobs, I'll consider adding them.

DS-minetest

by DS-minetest » Wed Feb 10, 2016 08:17

@Ivà: it seems, like the map doesnt work, i only see with it coordinates and a green thing, no landscape

@kaadmy: maybe some dragon like mobs
The background is a lie.

Ivà

by Ivà » Wed Feb 10, 2016 09:57

DS-minetest wrote:@Ivà: it seems, like the map doesnt work, i only see with it coordinates and a green thing, no landscape

The map is OK for me, others play on the server too and they don't have this problem.
Which version of minetest are you using?

DS-minetest

by DS-minetest » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:45

Ivà wrote:
DS-minetest wrote:@Ivà: it seems, like the map doesnt work, i only see with it coordinates and a green thing, no landscape

The map is OK for me, others play on the server too and they don't have this problem.
Which version of minetest are you using?

im using the newest dev
here is a screenshot of the map:
The background is a lie.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 18:34

LOL, didn't realize you meant that map :D Shoulda known..

The map should only show points of interest, like players (including you) and villages, but it seems broken right now...

stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 22:47

this might have been mentioned before but i seem to have an issue with the player model being glitchy.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 22:49

stormchaser3000 wrote:this might have been mentioned before but i seem to have an issue with the player model being glitchy.

You mean the animation being reset every frame? I know about it, no idea why it happens though...

Nezchan

In-game: Nezchan

by Nezchan » Mon May 23, 2016 15:46

I've been getting frequent crashes with Pixture. I tried other subgames, but they haven't given me the same issues.

I get a lot of these errors:

2016-05-23 11:41:15: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: character.png

And eventually I get this when it crashes out:

minetest: /build/minetest-twu2iz/minetest-0.4.14/src/util/serialize.h:278: void writeF1000(irr::u8*, irr::f32): Assertion `i >= F1000_MIN && i <= F1000_MAX' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I'm running Minetest 0.4.14 on Ubuntu 15.10.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Fri May 27, 2016 18:26

The "2016-05-23 11:41:15: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: character.png" warning is a known problem in MT/Irrlicht and has nothing to do with Pixture, as the default subgame also has this problem last time I used it.

The crash also isn't my problem it seems, but I haven't tested it with 0.4.14 yet.
Does the same thing happen repeatedly with Pixture, and does it happen with other subgames?

Nezchan

by Nezchan » Sat May 28, 2016 02:19

kaadmy wrote:The "2016-05-23 11:41:15: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: character.png" warning is a known problem in MT/Irrlicht and has nothing to do with Pixture, as the default subgame also has this problem last time I used it.

The crash also isn't my problem it seems, but I haven't tested it with 0.4.14 yet.
Does the same thing happen repeatedly with Pixture, and does it happen with other subgames?

I've tried other subgames (Voxelgarden, The Next Game, Wasteland and Carbone), and none give me crashes. Pixture has given me the same result repeatedly. It doesn't seem to be related to what I'm doing, one crash was while mining, another while chopping wood, I think one happened just walking the beach but I can't swear to that one.

TheReaperKing

by TheReaperKing » Sat May 28, 2016 12:44

The character "warning" definitely happens even with the default game so I don't think that is related to your game.

The second error I don't claim to know much about the inner workings of minetest but in my server hosting experience whenever I got a serialize error it meant that something in the world had gotten corrupted. Have you tried any new worlds with it?
Project Lead of the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing - http://Doom3Coop.com

Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/PlatinumArtsKids

Nezchan

by Nezchan » Sat May 28, 2016 17:28

TheReaperKing wrote:The character "warning" definitely happens even with the default game so I don't think that is related to your game.

The second error I don't claim to know much about the inner workings of minetest but in my server hosting experience whenever I got a serialize error it meant that something in the world had gotten corrupted. Have you tried any new worlds with it?

I started one last night but haven't put much time in yet. No crashes so far, thank goodness. I'll come back if there are any troubles.

DuDraig

IRC: DuDraig
In-game: DuDraig

by DuDraig » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:48

On the Pixture server at pixture.quelcom.xyz:

Oak tree saplings do not grow Oak trees. They only grow Apple trees. Birch saplings work correctly.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 15:49

DuDraig wrote:...Oak tree saplings do not grow Oak trees. They only grow Apple trees...

I'll check, might have mistyped something.
Edit: @DuDraig, sure they're Oak saplings? After you place them, press F5 once and point at the sapling, the node should be default:sapling_oak.

Ivà

by Ivà » Fri Jul 15, 2016 16:53

kaadmy wrote:
DuDraig wrote:...Oak tree saplings do not grow Oak trees. They only grow Apple trees...

I'll check, might have mistyped something.
Edit: @DuDraig, sure they're Oak saplings? After you place them, press F5 once and point at the sapling, the node should be default:sapling_oak.

DuDraig is right, it happens in the server, idk if that happens in the subgame kaadmy... I'll look at it asap.
Thanks for report it DuDraig :)

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Sat Jul 16, 2016 03:44

kaadmy wrote:...

Debug mode is on and reports that they are oak saplings.

Ivà wrote:...
Thanks for report it DuDraig :)

My pleasure. I'm looking forward to making an oak orchard.

BTW: I'm mining at -100m and have yet to encounter any Lumian ore. No other player I've asked has found any either. Has the min/max levels for Lumian ore been changed on that server from the base -256m/-64m?

Ivà

by Ivà » Sat Jul 16, 2016 16:01

DuDraig wrote:My pleasure. I'm looking forward to making an oak orchard.

It's solved now.

DuDraig wrote:BTW: I'm mining at -100m and have yet to encounter any Lumian ore. No other player I've asked has found any either. Has the min/max levels for Lumian ore been changed on that server from the base -256m/-64m?

No, the min/max levels are the same but Lumien was added in the subgame after the server map was created. So you'll find it only in new generated terrain (far away from spawn or deeply in the mine).

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Sun Jul 17, 2016 14:49

Ivà wrote:It's solved now.

I found one additional issue with the oak saplings. The oak trees are spawning one node NE of the oak sapling location.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 17:35

DuDraig wrote:...The oak trees are spawning one node NE of the oak sapling location.

That might happen, melzua(Iva) might have made the new oak schematic fix one node off, I can ask about that.

Ivà

by Ivà » Mon Jul 18, 2016 07:39

Yeah, I've fixed it now... again :) It will be available when I restart the server (that should happen today).
Apologies for the inconvenience.

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:11

Ivà wrote:Yeah, I've fixed it now... again :) It will be available when I restart the server (that should happen today).
Apologies for the inconvenience.

No inconvenience. I just report what I find to help out.

BTW Is there no place safe from PK, like your own protected area? Marauding gangs that kill characters for their inventory are running rampant. I've been targeted that way several times now.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 21:19

DuDraig wrote:...like your own protected area? Marauding gangs that kill characters for their inventory...

Maybe PvP is only allowed if the area is unprotected, or the protection's owner allows it?

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Tue Jul 19, 2016 08:15

kaadmy wrote:Maybe PvP is only allowed if the area is unprotected, or the protection's owner allows it?

Well, I've always considered Minetest PvP to be a really poorly thought out idea anyway. It's so simplistic that it almost always comes down to whoever has the better armor or weapon. There is just not enough variables to make PvP anything but mindless gang bashing that is almost always used to bully newer players.

However, the best use of protection to manage PvP I've seen so far is one where the owner of a protected area, and only the owner, is safe from receiving PvP damage. A character can damage anyone but the owner in a protected area, and the owner can damage anyone in their protected area. This makes a safe place for the owner but still allows them to fight off griefers.

PreviousNext

Return to Subgame Releases