[Game] Minesim [2017.01]

Echoes91

In-game: Echoes

[Game] Minesim [2017.01]

by Echoes91 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:13

Minesim
By Echoes

Minesim is a subgame that mainly consist into a slightly tweaked Minetest game plus an addition if slightly tweaked mods. It has a relaxed, realistic oriented approach but there's no aim for hardcore simulation or any other big changes to the standard gameplay. The best way to describe it by now is a reflection of my personal taste.
+ Screenshots

+ Changelog

For the first release, all of the mods from Minetest game are included with the following tweaks and configurations:
+ Minetest game changes and tweaks

For the first release, the following mods not included already in Minetest game are added with respective tweaks:
+ Mods and tweaks

All code is released under the LGPLv2.1+ licence and all media content under CC BY-SA, unless otherwise specified inside the single mod.
All the credits go to the respective code writers and artwork creators, and a big thank to all of them!

Download ZIP archive
Browse the code
Attachments
screenshot_20160524_184846.png
screenshot_20160524_184846.png (749.57 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
screenshot_20160524_185638.png
screenshot_20160524_185638.png (716.26 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
Last edited by Echoes91 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 18:25, edited 2 times in total.
"It wasn't easy to break so many functions by editing a single line"

Echoes91

Re: [Game] Minesim [2016.06]

by Echoes91 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 19:29

Updated to 2016.06

Now the combination of freedom with bits of realism and challenge should make the game interesting enough to be played.

The next release is likely to include an acceptable logo, an adaptation of my spears and I'm also evaluating some kind of decay for torches.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Jun 24, 2016 09:42

why no one answered this?!This is great! you've done a great job here :) I will download!

an idea: add some plant fibre, craftable with grass and leaves or maybe other plants, which could be usezd to craft tools! it would be harder that just putting 2 ingots and 2 stick to get a hoe :)
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Sat Jul 30, 2016 18:05

I've used this subgame on a small server for some months now. We're very happy with it! I forked it to get rid of bewarethedark and mesecons. I feel they over-complicate the game a bit. For light machinery I'm trying out the wip automation mod.

One thing I've noticed is that stronger axes doesn't reduce the time to chop wood.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

Echoes91

by Echoes91 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 18:34

I'm glad you like it!
I don't know how to help with the axes unfortunately because I did not touch their properties and "choppy" stats, just removed the "breakable_by_hand" ability from trees.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Thu Aug 04, 2016 14:02

You should add an item drop mod. your subgame should be default as it's very lite and complete.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

Echoes91

by Echoes91 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 18:16

Long time has passed, the game has moved on and i barely found the time to notice it... time to repair.
By now, the first release of this year will be just an adaptation to the features of 0.4.15, which merged into upstream a lot of nice things and mods, while also upgrading everything else to the latest release.

Life is changing quickly as I'm starting my first real job, but I still hope to come up with some nice new feature someday!

Return to Subgame Releases