[Game] Eden2 -Reinvigorated for 0.4.13

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sat Sep 21, 2013 01:15

Neuromancer wrote:Added Undergrowth Modpack. Rocks, ForestSoils, Bushes. May be stalactites, but I haven't seen any being spawned yet.
Haven't coded, the spawning for them yet, been busy with other things. I'll try and do it as soon as I can.
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

Neuromancer

GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 01:38

I tweaked some textures. Let me know what you think.

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 09:08

Neuromancer wrote:I tweaked some textures. Let me know what you think.

What textures did you change except default_grass_5.png?

Btw.: you're using an outdated version of the ferns mod. Version 0.0.8 has some bugs.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:59

I changed apple & papyrus texture in default. I was wandering around the world and the apples just jumped out at me like big red clown noses, so I broke the red up and made them smaller, and now they sort of fade into the tree more, look more like a part of it. The papyrus was just to bright of a limey neon green. I toned it down a bit and made it a little more un-even, but I think it still needs more work. I'm going to grab colors of real papyrus or bamboo and try those.

As I wander around now what jumps out at me are the bright yellow behives. I'm not sure if I want to make them like striped greyish like hornets nests or not. They are also too perfectly shaped. I'm not happy with the rosebushes either. They jump out at me and do not seem wild. I might turn more of the flowers into weeds/wild prairie flowers.

Edit: additional changes to latest: Made behive texture look more natural. Updated Ferns Mod to latest version 0.1.2. I also upgraded the rosebush and the yellow/dandelion flowers. About the only textures that I'm unhappy with at this point are strangely enough the bush branch textures and many of the mob textures. I do love the sand monsters, the mummies, & the fish.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Mon Sep 23, 2013 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 04:25

Neuromancer wrote:I changed apple & papyrus texture in default. I was wandering around the world and the apples just jumped out at me like big red clown noses, so I broke the red up and made them smaller, and now they sort of fade into the tree more, look more like a part of it. The papyrus was just to bright of a limey neon green. I toned it down a bit and made it a little more un-even, but I think it still needs more work. I'm going to grab colors of real papyrus or bamboo and try those.

Both look quite nice. If you choose to make a papyrus texture that's not based upon the one that comes with minetest_game we could use it for the grasses mod.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 01:52

@MM: I took your suggestion and changed the settings, now the Undergrowth with fallen logs and more dirt seems to be running much faster! Thanks a million! I'm overwhelmed by the variety and the rugged beauty of the terrain! It is so absolutely real!

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Thu Sep 26, 2013 09:47

Neuromancer wrote:@MM: I took your suggestion and changed the settings, now the Undergrowth with fallen logs and more dirt seems to be running much faster! Thanks a million! I'm overwhelmed by the variety and the rugged beauty of the terrain! It is so absolutely real!

I'm glad it's faster, will test the newest version of the game.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 23:01

Bows & Arrows now do damage to animals and monsters. Also has pyramids with better interiors.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:42

Alas, the performance tweaks only helped a little. If you wander around the terrain for about a half an hour and can view a large area of non desert terrain, you will eventually get down to 3 fps. I swear it is the leaves. That means either additional trees will need to be removed from the game, or fancy leaves will need to be disabled, or perhaps even more drastic measures. None of these are good.

This all tended to correspond with the adding of fallen logs and common forest soils, but I just don't think that is what caused the performance hit.

Jordach

GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:59

Moretrees creates lots of double sided faces even with fancy leaves disabled, that's why many people get a framerate drop.

By removing moretrees, you should be able to get a better FPS.

(BTW, the Fullest works for me on a Pentium 4, so I'd like to see other users bitch that it doesn't work for them.)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) [$ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) $] ( ͡$ ͜ʖ ͡$) ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My image and media server is back online and is functioning as normal.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:11

Jordach wrote:Moretrees creates lots of double sided faces even with fancy leaves disabled, that's why many people get a framerate drop.

By removing moretrees, you should be able to get a better FPS.

(BTW, the Fullest works for me on a Pentium 4, so I'd like to see other users bitch that it doesn't work for them.)

And dialing back the Maximum Viewing Range to 125 or so helps a lot. I tried disabling shaders, but I'm not sure I like the look/effect of that.

I was just running around the landscape trying to check out performance, and though I've always found myself always playing minetest and never minecraft, blockscape, or mythruna even though I have them all installed, I have to say that none of them even hold a candle to the beauty of this game. It is mesmerizing.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 22:24

Added twigs on water, better bush branches, moss, fungus.

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Fri Oct 11, 2013 01:05

I just updated this game, and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Not much slowdown for me, the only problem is that chunks take longer to generate. (I had fancy trees, mip mapping, smooth lighting, and 3d clouds turned on fyi) I hope I can keep doing my part, and make the caves a natural beauty as well. :-)
Last edited by Evergreen on Fri Oct 11, 2013 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 01:37

Evergreen wrote:I just updated this game, and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Not much slowdown for me, the only problem is that chunks take longer to generate. (I had fancy trees, mip mapping, smooth lighting, and 3d clouds turned on fyi) I hope I can keep doing my part, and make the caves a natural beauty as well. :-)

Thanks EG. I hope you keep helping us add to the natural beauty of Minetest as well. It will look even better if you add along_shore mod. Have to do that soon.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 15:46

Changes to Latest: Added variety of waterlillies and seaweed along the shore. Added leaves to the bottom of bushes.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 20:11

I've been kicking around the idea that maybe this game is more about Natural Beauty or Natural Wonders rather than Immersive Fun. Kick around some ideas. What name would you suggest for this game based on what it has become?

general3214

by general3214 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 22:01

I had to do some Googling before I could get the right word. I typed in: "buddhist want to" and one of the suggestions gave me the word: Nirvana.

By now, you should already know what I'm about to suggest, but just in case I need to write it out for you, I was thinking about "Nature Nirvana" or "Nirvana Nature". I don't know what exactly is Nirvana even though I looked at Wikipedia, so I'm not sure if it goes after or before "Nature".
March 6, 2014, 8:37 PM PST: I will no longer continue my mods.
Mods | GitHub | MCF

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 22:07

general3214 wrote:I had to do some Googling before I could get the right word. I typed in: "buddhist want to" and one of the suggestions gave me the word: Nirvana.

By now, you should already know what I'm about to suggest, but just in case I need to write it out for you, I was thinking about "Nature Nirvana" or "Nirvana Nature". I don't know what exactly is Nirvana even though I looked at Wikipedia, so I'm not sure if it goes after or before "Nature".

I like it... it makes me think of some other names Natural Paradise, or Eden (as in the Garden of). Keep 'em coming!
Last edited by Neuromancer on Sat Oct 12, 2013 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Sat Oct 12, 2013 22:17

Flora or Floral Nirvana
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

gabriel.bakker

by gabriel.bakker » Tue Oct 22, 2013 04:10

This looks beautiful.

Is there some trick for cooking food? I killed some animals and tried to cook them in the furnace but it wouldn't cook. The coal wasn't used up and the fire didn't appear.

I then started the fire by putting cobblestone in the top of the furnace, and when it was burning I replaced the cobblestone with the Raw Meat, and the fire burned but the meat didn't get cooked. How do you cook food?

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Tue Oct 22, 2013 04:26

If only there was a server dedicated to this game mode.
Last edited by Inocudom on Tue Oct 22, 2013 04:27, edited 1 time in total.

Topywo

by Topywo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 08:10

gabriel.bakker wrote:This looks beautiful.

Is there some trick for cooking food? I killed some animals and tried to cook them in the furnace but it wouldn't cook. The coal wasn't used up and the fire didn't appear.

I then started the fire by putting cobblestone in the top of the furnace, and when it was burning I replaced the cobblestone with the Raw Meat, and the fire burned but the meat didn't get cooked. How do you cook food?

I think the meat from the mobs of mobs framework cannot be cooked (it can only be consumed directly) and the meat from the simple mods can be cooked (and only then eaten).

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Tue Oct 22, 2013 14:03

I like the new name. :)

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

MrPitchfork

by MrPitchfork » Tue Oct 22, 2013 20:51

I'm getting an error:

ServerError: LuaError: error:
~/.minetest/games/NeuromancerGame/mods/hud/init.lua:105: attempt to call

I'm using 0.4.7. Have I installed Eden incorrectly?

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Wed Oct 23, 2013 01:29

MrPitchfork wrote:I'm getting an error:

ServerError: LuaError: error:
~/.minetest/games/NeuromancerGame/mods/hud/init.lua:105: attempt to call

I'm using 0.4.7. Have I installed Eden incorrectly?

Hmmm.. It installs like all other games. You dump it in the games folder, C:\Users\x\Games\minetest-0.4.7-82e1ab7-win32\games\NeuromancerGame

And based on your error message it looks like you put it in the right spot. I am not using 0.4.7. I'm using a more recent build. I think by sfan https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=1523. Here is the build I use.

minetest-0.4.7-82e1ab7-win32

If you use a more recent build you should be good. It looks like he doesn't have that one available anymore.

Another thing you could do is just delete the "hud" folder in the .minetest/games/NeuromancerGame/mods folder, as it looks like that is the mod that is giving you problems. You lose the hunger aspect of the game, but maybe you don't care about that.

Inocudom

IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Wed Oct 23, 2013 23:59

The modpack below does not get as much attention as it deserves, but it would go well with this game:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4627

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 23:56

Inocudom wrote:If only there was a server dedicated to this game mode.

I have the same wish. Vanessa's comes the closest, but all the terrain has been generated because the server's been around for a while, so it doesn't have many of the cool plants.

VanessaE

GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaEzekowitz

by VanessaE » Fri Oct 25, 2013 01:26

I wish someone would write a program that will allow one to graphically select and delete surface mapblocks to help with that. I mean, I could perhaps reset the map to the same seed and then copy the structures over from the existing map, but that's a rather... cumbersome option.
You might like some of my stuff:
Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (16-512px)
Tips (BTC): 13LdcdUFcNCFAm7HfvAXh5GHTjCnnQj6KE

jenova99sephiros

In-game: Jenova

by jenova99sephiros » Fri Oct 25, 2013 06:53

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!
I english google translator

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:17

Inocudom wrote:The modpack below does not get as much attention as it deserves, but it would go well with this game:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4627

I think Sea is a brilliant Mod and have wanted to include it. However, the performance of this game is getting so bad (especially terrain generation), that I can't justify adding it because Sea is still pretty resource intensive even though it got rid of the complex nodeboxes.

There are a few other mods I have been thinking about adding, but don't want to overload things.
HomeDecor (would make inventory even slower than it already is but I love this mod)
LivingRoom Furniture
Quartz
Marble (from Technic)

I'm wondering what would happen if we went to craft guide mod instead of Zeg's inventory mod if that would make things faster. Problem is craft guide is less intuitive.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Subgame Releases