Minetest 0.4.15

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

Re: Minetest 0.4.15

by taikedz » Mon Dec 26, 2016 19:31

ManElevation wrote:Thanks to all developers. What is the difference. appart from the new textures and the mod menu

viewtopic.php?p=243949#p243949

ManElevation

GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Mon Dec 26, 2016 19:34

thx
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn

Chibi ghost

In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Mon Dec 26, 2016 19:44

has there been any changes to the time it takes wheat to grow I'm having problems growing it and I want to know if it's a me problem or feature of the new minetest
I am cheating a bit by going through creative

nevermind I was being stupid and was cleaning the files in my computer and wiped my game

it took me a stupid long time to find planet ghost but I did it, so re-regard my query pls

Andrey01

In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 16:06

Hurray!0.4.15 is released!I hope have you added new mobs, e.g from mobs_redo or animals modpack?

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 16:24

taikedz wrote:
ManElevation wrote:Thanks to all developers. What is the difference. appart from the new textures and the mod menu

viewtopic.php?p=243949#p243949

Please note this is an unofficial changelog and also incomplete. The official changelog is still not written yet, check the first post later.

has there been any changes to the time it takes wheat to grow I'm having problems growing it and I want to know if it's a me problem or feature of the new minetest

Yes, the farming plant growth mechanic has been completely reworked (see Minetest Game commit 70ef7864c1533cc50ef1da95985ff6b741778066).
According to the commit description, the growth should be now slightly shorter. A fully-grown wheat or cotton plant will now take 2-3 game days or ca. 1 h in real time, if I can believe the description. There's still an element of chance involved, so not all plants grow equally fast.
If your plants don't grow at all then you either found a very embarrassing bug in Minetest Game or you forget something. But the farming gameplay mechanic hasn't changed at all, only the code for growth; this is mostly only an internal change. See also: http://wiki.minetest.net/Wheat_(plant)
Last edited by Wuzzy on Tue Dec 27, 2016 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Tue Dec 27, 2016 16:41

Andrey01 wrote:Hurray!0.4.15 is released!I hope have you added new mobs, e.g from mobs_redo or animals modpack?

no mobs sorry

Wuzzy

Explanation of the new Minetest Game stuff

by Wuzzy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 00:25

Explanation of the new Minetest Game stuff

Carts
  • Crafted from steel ingots (“U” shape like boat)
  • Place on rails
  • Rightclick to enter and leave
  • Sneak+rightclick to collect
  • Drop items on cart to transport items with the cart
  • While in cart: Hold down [Down] to slow down (handbrake)
  • While in cart: Hold down [Left] and [Right] in cart to turn around at T-junctions and crossings
  • Powered rails accellerate moving carts
  • Brake rails slow carts down

Keys
  • Skeleton keys are crafted from a single gold ingot
  • Used to share access on things with locks (e.g. Locked Chest, Steel Trapdoor, Steel Door)
  • Rightclick with skeleton key on a locked thing to match the key to it; this turns the skeleton key into a key
  • Give the key to other people, anyone who possesses the key can open the thing you matched the key to. But only this!
  • If the locked thing is removed, all keys which have been matched to it become useless; new keys must be created
  • The owner of locked things never needs to use keys for own things
  • Keys and skeleton key can always be smelted back to gold ingots

Bushes
  • Bushes appear in grasslands, decidious forests and snowy lands
  • Acacia bushes spawn in savannahs
  • Bush leaves never decay
  • A bush stem can be crafted to 1 wooden plank

Corals
  • Corals appear in warm shallow oceans (maybe near deserts or savannahs. Not sure)
  • Orange Coral and Brown Coral drop coral skeletons; the colored corals can not be “legally” obtained
  • Orange Coral and Brown Coral turn to Coral Skeleton when exposed to air
  • Dig with pickaxes
  • Corals have no real use other than decoration

Tips and tricks
  • Use a flint and steel on a coal block to create a permanent flame
  • Flint and steel can finally ignite TNT and gunpowder (bute the torch still works)
  • Water now creates moss on cobblestone slabs, cobblestone stairs and cobbletone walls
  • Throw a flammable item (e.g. wooden planks) into lava or fire and it will get destroyed
  • The mese crytsal fragment is no longer useless—it is used to craft powered rails
  • Snow blocks and ice now cool down lava as well and turn it into obsidian or stone (like water before)

PS: With my Help modpack and the mod Minetest Game item help [doc_minetest_game] you can access many useful information about Minetest Game in-game.

PPS: This post is neither a changelog nor official. I'm waiting eagerly (like probably everyone else) for the official changelog to appear on the first post.
Last edited by Wuzzy on Wed Dec 28, 2016 01:10, edited 5 times in total.

hajo

Re: Explanation of the new Minetest Game stuff

by hajo » Wed Dec 28, 2016 00:36

Wuzzy wrote:Explanation of the new Minetest Game stuff
Carts
  • Crafted from steel ingots (“U” shape like boat)
  • Place on rails
  • mese crystal fragment .. is used to craft powered rails

Thanks for collecting all those infos !

I was wondering if rails running at 45 degrees would be possible ?
Some of 'my' wiki-pages: Build-a-home - basic-robot - basic-machines - digtron

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 00:38

I think 45° rails are possible (in theory), the [advtrains] mod uses steps of 30°: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14726

But I strongly doubt something like this will ever be added to Minetest Game, meaning we're probably stuck with 90° in Minetest Game forever. Reason: This is probably too complex and also clearly breaks with the voxel grid paradigm.
But that's why Minetest has mod and subgame support! :-)

KCoombes

In-game: Knatt or Rudilyn

by KCoombes » Wed Dec 28, 2016 02:08

Fixerol wrote: -snip-

Some Minetest Game changes: -snip-

[*]Add sfinv to allow tabs to be added to the inventory / Nov 27, 2016 / Mod makers can add tabs to inventory for easier access.

Anyone else notice that sfinv is now the default inventory, even if Unified_Inventory is enabled? Major bug, IMO.

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Wed Dec 28, 2016 02:35

Nice! When will it be ready for download in the Debian packaging system? Right now it's still at 0.4.14.
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

taikedz

by taikedz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 02:55

KCoombes wrote:

[*]Add sfinv to allow tabs to be added to the inventory / Nov 27, 2016 / Mod makers can add tabs to inventory for easier access.

Anyone else notice that sfinv is now the default inventory, even if Unified_Inventory is enabled? Major bug, IMO.

Noticed. Unified Inventory update fixes this.

BBmine

GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Wed Dec 28, 2016 03:56

KCoombes wrote:

I noticed that too.
God's not dead!
I actually did mine walls before I started playing this game....
Mods, Servers, and My Youtube Channel
Let us remember Just Test on April 16.
"Together, we will make America great again!" --President Trump
Please vote for the next video I should do here
I'm the most rottenist potato in the fridge.
Copyright (c) 2017 Baggins Inc. (tm) All rights reserved.

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 18:07

KCoombes wrote:Anyone else notice that sfinv is now the default inventory, even if Unified_Inventory is enabled? Major bug, IMO.

Not a bug. Update your unified inventory version

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Wed Dec 28, 2016 18:49

Wuzzy wrote:

Yes, the farming plant growth mechanic has been completely reworked (see Minetest Game commit 70ef7864c1533cc50ef1da95985ff6b741778066).
According to the commit description, the growth should be now slightly shorter. A fully-grown wheat or cotton plant will now take 2-3 game days or ca. 1 h in real time, if I can believe the description. There's still an element of chance involved, so not all plants grow equally fast.
If your plants don't grow at all then you either found a very embarrassing bug in Minetest Game or you forget something. But the farming gameplay mechanic hasn't changed at all, only the code for growth; this is mostly only an internal change. See also: http://wiki.minetest.net/Wheat_(plant)

I planted the wheat over 2 minetest weeks ago and still no crop I have deleted the game first saving planet ghost in a separate file and am going to re-download minetest and see if it works and I can farm properly

ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Wed Dec 28, 2016 20:03

Chibi ghost. That is certainly too long.
You sure there is water nearby?
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Wed Dec 28, 2016 20:35

yeah my usual pattern is
soil, soil, soil, water, soil, soil, soil, water, so I should have plenty of water

the only thing I could do is went I started I had another mod running agriculture but I turned it off
maybe I should reactivate it maybe that should help

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Wed Dec 28, 2016 21:16

nope no it didn't

Punk

by Punk » Wed Dec 28, 2016 21:24

Very good! Very fast version!

In Ubuntu 16.04 I tried sudo apt-get install minetest and install 0.4.13. How should I do?

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Wed Dec 28, 2016 21:33

even if Unified_Inventory is enabled

You sure? I've used Unified_Inventory very recently very close to release and it was fine. Make sure to use latest version.

GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Thu Dec 29, 2016 06:48

Punk wrote:Very good! Very fast version!

In Ubuntu 16.04 I tried sudo apt-get install minetest and install 0.4.13. How should I do?

Make sure you add the ppa (sudo add-apt-repository ppa:minetestdevs/stable) and then run the command.
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

Punk

by Punk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:26

GreenDimond wrote:
Punk wrote:Very good! Very fast version!

Make sure you add the ppa (sudo add-apt-repository ppa:minetestdevs/stable) and then run the command.

I used $ sudo snap install minetest-luk3yx.
It's ok?

Thanks!

taikedz

by taikedz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 14:03

Not sure who packages minetest for snappy (if anyone at all) - havent seen any mention before. So if it didnt work then probably no, not ok yet.

The supported ways to get the latest is to use the PPA or to compile it yourself

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Thu Dec 29, 2016 19:45

Chibi ghost wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:

I planted the wheat over 2 minetest weeks ago and still no crop I have deleted the game first saving planet ghost in a separate file and am going to re-download minetest and see if it works and I can farm properly

problem sort of solved I can't use my 14.14 game and move it to 14.15 this is irritating is there anyway of making minetest backwards compatible to maps created on previous versions of minetest or at least to the last update

Alcyone

IRC: Alcyone
In-game: Alcyone

by Alcyone » Sat Dec 31, 2016 09:18

Chibi ghost wrote:problem sort of solved I can't use my 14.14 game and move it to 14.15 this is irritating is there anyway of making minetest backwards compatible to maps created on previous versions of minetest or at least to the last update

I wonder if it would be possible to create a king of lauchncher letting the player choosing the Minetest version he wants to play to keep compatibility when it is needed (yes like Minecraft). Sure it raises some other problem like for mod versions too.
-- Alcyone --

Website with french articles on MT : alcyone.toile-libre.org

Echoes91

In-game: Echoes

by Echoes91 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:58

Very well done developers!
I hope to come back maintaining my little content soon, even if such a good work on default could make my subgame obsolete some day :D
"It wasn't easy to break so many functions by editing a single line"

taikedz

by taikedz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:41

Chibi ghost wrote:problem sort of solved I can't use my 14.14 game and move it to 14.15 this is irritating is there anyway of making minetest backwards compatible to maps created on previous versions of minetest or at least to the last update

Minetest 0.4.* farming should be backwards compatible already...

Version number should not be relevant, the ABM for wheat growing hasn't really changed all that much far as I can see.... what did you do to "sort of solve" the issue....?

Alcyone wrote: wonder if it would be possible to create a king of lauchncher letting the player choosing the Minetest version he wants to play to keep compatibility when it is needed (yes like Minecraft). Sure it raises some other problem like for mod versions too.

On Linux, you can already choose your version of MT to be run -- by compiling it yourself. (On WIndows, just download the corresponding "portable" ZIP for each version). The instructions are fairly straightforward for compiling, you'll just need to git-clone a copy and git-branch to the state from around 15th of May 2016 to get 0.4.14. You can git-branch to stable-0.4 to get the latest of the series I think (currently 0.4.15)

If you want to create a way to automate all this, and slap a handy picker in front of it, that would be interesting too.

I wouldn't encourage/ask trying to make minetest installable in different versions on the same Linux via package management.

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Tue Jan 03, 2017 21:19

I moved my world from 04.14 on which it was created to 04.15 then found out the wheat and cotton didn't grow
to fix the problem I moved the world back from 15 to 14 which I re-downloaded
and I run minetest from windows 10 and I am not that technical about program management

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 21:21

Chibi ghost wrote:I moved my world from 04.14 on which it was created to 04.15 then found out the wheat and cotton didn't grow
to fix the problem I moved the world back from 15 to 14 which I re-downloaded
and I run minetest from windows 10 and I am not that technical about program management

Were the plants planted in 0.4.14 or 0.4.15? How long did you wait?

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Tue Jan 03, 2017 23:46

Interesting, on Liberty Land there was something like that too. I don't know if he fixed it.

PreviousNext

Return to Minetest News