A Real Survival Mode Server & [NEW] A Minetest-Delta Server

HaiR

A Real Survival Mode Server & [NEW] A Minetest-Delta Server

by HaiR » Fri Jun 24, 2011 09:33

Hello everyone.

I've got a lot of time these days, so i decided to try some stuffs. One of them is running a Minetest server on my small laptop. So, with the help of Cisoun, i created it and it's now running.

I choose to run it in survival mode with damages enabled, to change of Kray's server.

So if you're brave, you're not affraid to fight a terrible Oerkki with a wood sword, you're welcome at serv-hair.dyndns.org , port 30000. I'll probably run it during this summer (if there is players), from ~10am to 12pm (according to my life and my internet connection, etc ... )

It seems to run pretty well. I just tested with 2 players but it seems ok for some more (i don't expect for thousands of players :p ).
They are just few "problems", [edit] no more problems, 'cause no more survival mode (except that there is a lot of Oerkki)

I hope i'll have some players (exept Cisoun and me :lol: ), i really want to test to run a server on my own computer.

EDIT:

There is also, since few hours, a minetest-delta server which is running on my pc ! You can find it at serv-hair.dyndns.org port 30001 ( ! don't miss the port, or you'll be on the survival server :lol:). To play on it, you need to download here erlehmann's fork.

Have fun,
HaiR

edit: change from creative to survival.
Last edited by HaiR on Thu Jun 30, 2011 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

HaiR

by HaiR » Fri Jun 24, 2011 18:40

Ok, so i'm at my mother house for the week-end, and the connection is reaaaally bad. so i'll try to run the server anyway.
But it will probably being stopped often.

HaiR

by HaiR » Fri Jun 24, 2011 21:36

A third post to notice that the server is now a survival mode server, with damages, etc.

Have fun
HaiR

HaiR

by HaiR » Sat Jun 25, 2011 16:57

Hello.

I apologize for the players who wanted to play on my server today, i've got "technical problems" (bad, very bad connection) and i wasn't at home to fix it. But now, it's online (i hope).
Everything will be better monday afternoon (and i'll probaby let it run all day long).

Thank's to the players who come this last days :)
( And real survival mode is really fun, especially with Oerkki which spawn everywhere :lol: )

HaiR

HaiR

by HaiR » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:16

Hello,

My server wasn't online this morning, i was sick and i didn't wake up. But now it's online, with my normal and quite good internet connection. And i'll probably let it run all day long.

Thank's for coming play on it :)

HaiR

milkshakez7z

by milkshakez7z » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:23

nice server:)

HaiR

by HaiR » Thu Jun 30, 2011 17:45

Thank's :)

I add the adress of the Minetest-Delta server. Still running from ~10am to 0:00.

HaiR

HaiR

by HaiR » Tue Jul 05, 2011 19:41

Hello !

I come to warn you that my servers won't be available during 5 or 6 days. The reason is that i travel to the other side of my country (so i can't let my pc, etc ... ).

They'll probably be shut down in one hour.
I really apologize for that, but i oblige to do that :/

See you next week, HaiR

HaiR

by HaiR » Fri Jul 15, 2011 15:14

Hello !

I'm back to my home, but i think i won't run the servers anymore. The reason is that i'm going to work in some days, and during all august, so i won't be able to run the servers everyday, etc.

If someone is interested, i can share the map folder of them ( yeah, that's not the best solution, i kown ... :o )

Return to Minetest General