Who is this dude?

Biggvs_Richardvs

Who is this dude?

by Biggvs_Richardvs » Thu Aug 06, 2015 16:22

I have a ton of mods installed so I'm honestly not sure which one he came from. Doesn't look like a regular dungeon master as pictured in the docs, plus I haven't been able to do a single point of damage on him and I've tried swords made from mithril, mese, steel, and stone.

More than anything I just want to make sure I don't have some weird conflict of mods going on - when this guy kills me, all my stuff is gone too - no bones.

Thanks,
Rich
Attachments
dungeon dude.png
dungeon dude.png (92.14 KiB) Viewed 1290 times

benrob0329

GitHub: Benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

Re: Who is this dude?

by benrob0329 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 22:52

Not sure about your bones, sometimes my stuff just ends up on the ground for some reason. Must be a bug.

As for the mob, that would be Big Red from The Animals Modpack.

Biggvs_Richardvs

by Biggvs_Richardvs » Fri Aug 07, 2015 19:31

How many hits does it usually take to kill him and with what kind of weapon? I've tried just about every kind of sword you can make plus the bow and arrow and have done zero damage as far as I can tell - debug.txt doesn't show a single hp of damage.

Dragonop

GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Fri Aug 07, 2015 23:34

you don't use debug.txt
To see left HP of a mob/player press F5 and then point at it. It should say a certain amount of data that can clarify your doubts. (like with what weapon you can kill it, also HP left.)
Also, to actually kill something, you don't have to keep the mouse button pressed down, click once, wait for the white fade on the mob to disappear, and then click again.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Tue Aug 18, 2015 08:50

just pour a lava bucket near it

Biggvs_Richardvs

by Biggvs_Richardvs » Tue Aug 18, 2015 22:44

Dragonop wrote:you don't use debug.txt
To see left HP of a mob/player press F5 and then point at it. It should say a certain amount of data that can clarify your doubts. (like with what weapon you can kill it, also HP left.)
Also, to actually kill something, you don't have to keep the mouse button pressed down, click once, wait for the white fade on the mob to disappear, and then click again.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Turns out it was a bug - a conflict between two mods. Not sure exactly which ones since I had about eight installed, but when I went to just having the mod that big red is in, then I was able to do damage, kill, etc.

Grandpa

by Grandpa » Tue Sep 01, 2015 00:11

Wait a minute. I just ran into this guy. I am not aware I have any other cave-dwelling mobs installed (but now I'm going to check to be sure).

But the thing is, someone needs to capture this guy (in code) and make him into a mob!! He's tough, and scarey, AND deadly!! :)

You only have 8 mods installed? I have 17......

EDIT: This guy looks like the "mesh" png for Big Red. I don't know how that works, but the big red big red png shows the red character with hornes, so apparently it combines the two?
Happy Wife, Happy Life!

Return to Minetest General