A new Homepage!

by 2232 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 18:46

Gambit wrote:I had my go on a redesign awhile ago. The Minetest logo was made by dakal, I only did a minor tweak of it but full credit should still belong to him. The social media icons are from SocialShift by Manuel Lopez.
http://emey87.deviantart.com/art/SocialShift-Social-icon-set-189016080

+1
"I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun..."
-Shake Me Down by Cage The Elephant

celeron55

by celeron55 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:34

Gambit wrote:I had my go on a redesign awhile ago. The Minetest logo was made by dakal, I only did a minor tweak of it but full credit should still belong to him.

There are too many stacked layers on this, squeezing the content to an unnecessarily small area. Also, it's hard to see what the focus of the page is, as all the layout things have much more contrast and colour than the actual content.

And why is the main "MINETEST" title so low and small? At that size I think it'd work way better at the top left or something.

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 13:19

celeron55 wrote:
Gambit wrote:I had my go on a redesign awhile ago. The Minetest logo was made by dakal, I only did a minor tweak of it but full credit should still belong to him.

There are too many stacked layers on this, squeezing the content to an unnecessarily small area. Also, it's hard to see what the focus of the page is, as all the layout things have much more contrast and colour than the actual content.

And why is the main "MINETEST" title so low and small? At that size I think it'd work way better at the top left or something.

The logo should use the default title graphic that is on the main menu, for consistency.
Last edited by rubenwardy on Sat Mar 23, 2013 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

Casimir

by Casimir » Sat Mar 23, 2013 13:38

Both Blockmans and Gambits versions look good. But I'm a radical minimalist, so I like the current website most. It could need updated screenshots through. (Maybe with mods and different texturepacks, because thats what minetest is good at.)
Last edited by Casimir on Sat Mar 23, 2013 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

celeron55

by celeron55 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 16:10

Casimir wrote:Both Blockmans and Gambits versions look good. But I'm a radical minimalist, so I like the current website most. It could need updated screenshots through. (Maybe with mods and different texturepacks, because thats what minetest is good at.)

Well, why don't you go find good updated screenshots for the site, then? 8)

BlockMen

GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Sat Mar 23, 2013 16:21

Casimir wrote:Both Blockmans and Gambits versions look good. But I'm a radical minimalist, so I like the current website most. It could need updated screenshots through. (Maybe with mods and different texturepacks, because thats what minetest is good at.)

With the new structure of the site im creating atm it will be possible to change a skin kinda quick, but which skin that will be has celeron55 to decide.

And yes, new Screenshots, Videos, etc will be nice for a new Homepage

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 16:29

BlockMen wrote:

With the new structure of the site im creating atm it will be possible to change a skin kinda quick, but which skin that will be has celeron55 to decide.

Minetest Extensions is almost ready, just needs optimising...

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Sat Mar 23, 2013 16:37

rubenwardy wrote:
BlockMen wrote:

Minetest Extensions is almost ready, just needs optimising...

How about including your framework in the new Homepage then? I wanted introduce the Mods and Texture Packs on Homepage anyway, so that would be perfect.

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 17:06

BlockMen wrote:
rubenwardy wrote:Minetest Extensions is almost ready, just needs optimising...

How about including your framework in the new Homepage then? I wanted introduce the Mods and Texture Packs on Homepage anyway, so that would be perfect.

Of course. All the project requires of a design is a parent div that contains the content.

current minetest website wrote:<div id="content">
<!--page content here-->
</div>

As for the server specs, it needs PHP, mysql, and to be installed on the same server as the forum

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Sat Mar 23, 2013 19:09

rubenwardy wrote:
Of course. All the project requires of a design is a parent div that contains the content.

current minetest website wrote:<div id="content">
<!--page content here-->
</div>

Thats great, because I have already this structure.

You can try out soon, if it fits well; I'm working on subpage layout atm.
Last edited by BlockMen on Sat Mar 23, 2013 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

kobayashi

by kobayashi » Sat Apr 06, 2013 13:54

Why minetest.net isn't updated
BY ME (KOBAYASHI) FOR YOU =)

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Mon Apr 08, 2013 08:06

kobayashi wrote:Why minetest.net isn't updated

Because it is still under development. If the new Homepage is finished it will be updated.

BlockMen

by BlockMen » Wed Apr 10, 2013 19:23

The work is done: http://minetest.net

Previous

Return to Minetest General