Mob Showcasing

HeroOfTheWinds

GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

Re: Mob Showcasing

by HeroOfTheWinds » Fri May 02, 2014 03:26

If you got that error code, then you need to download the opposite version of Blender. I'm guessing you grabbed the first link, which would be x64, so I would recommend scrolling down farther to find the x86 version and try that.

Also, a good paint tool to try is GIMP.
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Fri May 02, 2014 07:46

ZachyGames wrote:"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher" Also my paint tool sai expired so i cant make texture packs and the normal paint sucks. i wanna make some 3d mobs

Way 1: You got a 32-bit version on x64 (x64 throws error about invalid executable on 32-bit)
Way 2: You're using a Windows version which isn't supported anymore.

To your painting problem: http://getpaint.net/ You'll need a new .NET Framework for it. Or just get GIMP as HeroOfTheWinds said.
Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Fri May 02, 2014 16:26

Managed to make a little animation with the Water Dragon.
Yes, I know it should probably be in water.

Linxx

by Linxx » Fri May 02, 2014 18:48

OmniStudent wrote:Managed to make a little animation with the Water Dragon.

maybe it could have an animated texture for the model skin

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Fri May 02, 2014 22:40

Omnistudent wrote:Managed to make a little animation with the Water Dragon.

Looks nice already!

ZachyGames

by ZachyGames » Sat May 03, 2014 03:00

HeroOfTheWinds wrote:If you got that error code, then you need to download the opposite version of Blender. I'm guessing you grabbed the first link, which would be x64, so I would recommend scrolling down farther to find the x86 version and try that.

i already have GIMP since april 2014 if you dont know. it has only 64 bit and 32 bit versions do i need to go to older versions?
http://download.blender.org/release/ <--- this? the list of older versions

HeroOfTheWinds

GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Sat May 03, 2014 03:41

ZachyGames wrote:
HeroOfTheWinds wrote:If you got that error code, then you need to download the opposite version of Blender. I'm guessing you grabbed the first link, which would be x64, so I would recommend scrolling down farther to find the x86 version and try that.

i already have GIMP since april 2014 if you dont know. it has only 64 bit and 32 bit versions do i need to go to older versions?
http://download.blender.org/release/ <--- this? the list of older versions

You don't need an older version, you just need the right version. Just download the opposite version to the one you got the error with.
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Sat May 03, 2014 04:11

Linxx wrote:maybe it could have an animated texture for the model skin

Just post the texture here and I'll put it in the figure.

ZachyGames

by ZachyGames » Sun May 04, 2014 01:20

OmniStudent wrote:Managed to make a little animation with the Water Dragon.

How about when dead animation and try to test walking animation by really moving.

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Sun May 04, 2014 05:10

ZachyGames wrote:How about when dead animation and try to test walking animation by really moving.

I won't do anymore improvements to this one, mainly made it to encourage people to come up with more MOBs.
Here's the file, if anyone else wants to give it a shot.

http://speedy.sh/bd7TM/waterdrag-animated.blend

It also includes a half-finished Titan.
Last edited by OmniStudent on Sun May 04, 2014 06:08, edited 1 time in total.

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Sun May 04, 2014 05:15

Made this yesterday too. Its completely useless for Minetest and has quite a few mistakes but its slightly entertaining.

Linxx

by Linxx » Sun May 04, 2014 10:28

OmniStudent wrote:Made this yesterday too. Its completely useless for Minetest and has quite a few mistakes but its slightly entertaining.

O.O that looks cool btw working on the texture thingy ...gonna take a while since i suck at it D:

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Sun May 04, 2014 14:09

Linxx wrote:working on the texture thingy ...gonna take a while since i suck at it D:

Cool! Are you using the image from the blend file or making a new one?

Linxx

by Linxx » Sun May 04, 2014 21:28

OmniStudent wrote:
Linxx wrote:working on the texture thingy ...gonna take a while since i suck at it D:

Cool! Are you using the image from the blend file or making a new one?

starting from scratch XD

ZachyGames

by ZachyGames » Mon May 05, 2014 03:39

OmniStudent wrote:Made this yesterday too. Its completely useless for Minetest and has quite a few mistakes but its slightly entertaining.

That Blue water animation is awesome for minetest! but it need a awesome texture like real ocean XD (of course not like in the ending that akward box water)

Gambit

by Gambit » Fri May 09, 2014 21:16

Uh, guys, not to be a party pooper but I made this thread so multiple people can showcase their creative mob concepts. It was not made to talk about development. As I stated in the OP, dev discussion should be PM or begin a new thread about it.

The reason I bring this up is because someone emailed me saying this topic was hijacked and worried his post would get overlooked. Quite personally, I agree. I'd like to see more than one mob myself please.

So out of respect, please begin a new thread about said particular mob you're interested in playing with so more people will feel comfortable about posting ideas without feeling they have to squeeze in a middle of a conversation.

Thank You.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Sat May 10, 2014 18:23

Cool with me, I only made it to encourage other people to post their stuff.

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Sun May 11, 2014 05:11

Gambit wrote:Uh, guys, not to be a party pooper but I made this thread so multiple people can showcase their creative mob concepts. It was not made to talk about development. As I stated in the OP, dev discussion should be PM or begin a new thread about it.

But discussion about the digital rights of images fit right in?

Gambit wrote:The reason I bring this up is because someone emailed me saying this topic was hijacked and worried his post would get overlooked. Quite personally, I agree. I'd like to see more than one mob myself please.

What a comlete whiner :(
If he planned to post a picture of his mob, I doubt it would get "overlooked", all posted mobs have gotten some attention.

Gambit wrote:So out of respect, please begin a new thread about said particular mob you're interested in playing with so more people will feel comfortable about posting ideas without feeling they have to squeeze in a middle of a conversation.

Thank You.

You abandoned this thread after a couple of posts. You didn't deign to comment on other people's creations or encourage people in any way. I've been trying to keep this thread alive by showing people how even terribly drawn ideas can look cool in the game, but I guess the non-programming contigent of the minetest people have showed everything they're capable of by now.

The thread would of course be a bit less cluttered if some people could refrain from "quoting" animated pictures over and over, but I really don't know how to help someone who thinks this is good forum practice.

philipbenr

GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: WisdomFire or philipbenr

by philipbenr » Sun May 11, 2014 06:11

I would think that you should make a new topic and link it to this one, and continue from there. I for one am interested in both the ideas aspect and the development of your guys mob ideas. Much better than what I am doing... Just shoving that out there.

Gambit

by Gambit » Sun May 11, 2014 08:55

OmniStudent wrote:You abandoned this thread after a couple of posts. You didn't deign to comment on other people's creations or encourage people in any way. I've been trying to keep this thread alive by showing people how even terribly drawn ideas can look cool in the game, but I guess the non-programming contigent of the minetest people have showed everything they're capable of by now.

As much as I would love to comment on every post, I can't. I have a pretty busy life that requires a lot of my time outside this forum. Perhaps that's why it looks as of I've ditch the thread.

Personally I would rather be here as well as other forums more often, but as my life goes, I have clients to tend to.

OmniStudent wrote:The thread would of course be a bit less cluttered if some people could refrain from "quoting" animated pictures over and over, but I really don't know how to help someone who thinks this is good forum practice.

Yeah, what's that about?
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sun May 11, 2014 12:14

If I had a mob idea, I would just create myself in blender. I guess this topic is for people too inexperienced to make 3d models.

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Mon May 12, 2014 14:21

I think that some of these things should go in the fan art thread in offtopic.....

Related to me more of, but I am taking computer design 2 at my highschool, and am getting taught 3d rendering. (most likely with a program called maya I think..)

Evergreen

by Evergreen » Mon May 12, 2014 15:06

philipbenr wrote:I think that some of these things should go in the fan art thread in offtopic.....

Related to me more of, but I am taking computer design 2 at my highschool, and am getting taught 3d rendering. (most likely with a program called maya I think..)

Maya is proprietary. Use blender instead. :3

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Mon May 12, 2014 22:48

As I said, it is in-school. :P Maybe the license expired and we are using blender, but I don't know.... I can't really do much about it.

Evergreen

by Evergreen » Tue May 13, 2014 00:22

philipbenr wrote:As I said, it is in-school. :P Maybe the license expired and we are using blender, but I don't know.... I can't really do much about it.

Let me rephrase that:
If you use a 3d modeling program at home, use blender.

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Tue May 13, 2014 02:21

I will. ;) I prefer free programs, especially open-source.

emperor_genshin

IRC: Emperor_Genshin
In-game: Emperor_Genshin - Genshin

by emperor_genshin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 22:44

This is a neutral male concept character named Raziel for a ideal animated series that i've wanted to make eversince Highschool days. Few years later now i've decided to turn him into a boss character for one of my minetest servers called "LegacyForge.

Here is a video of the preview, hope you guys like it:!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245dvuz3C0g

His backstory is explained from a lore that would soon be shown on that same particular server.
Minetest Modder
Server Wanderer

Signature
"I have no words that would do justice to the atrocities you commit to the English language, as well as your continued assaults on the concepts of basic literacy and logical reasoning."

_Tom Gioconda

Previous

Return to Minetest General