New Texture Pack Making

snowflake

IRC: snow__flake
In-game: snowflake

New Texture Pack Making

by snowflake » Wed Nov 18, 2015 18:09

Hi,

can someone plz make me How to Train Your Dragon texture packs using all the features according to the movie and dragons

inculding all dragon!

Kinda in Minecraft

if possible,the chest when its open, the lid should be open if we open the chest like in Minecraft and like something like music machine,put songs in minetest folder and u can play the song in the game IF POSSIBLE BUT I REALLY REALLY WANT THEM BUT TRY IT FOR ME PLZ

and if u got any problems with it , tell me
✱ ŜИØŴℱŁΔҜΞ ✱
IF I REPORT ANY PROBLEM - SYSTEM
Ubuntu 15.04
32-bit
Memory-3.8GiB
Disk Space -310.8GB

DONT PM ME PLZ!!!! ,

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

Re: New Texture Pack Making

by firefox » Thu Nov 19, 2015 09:14

functions like music and openend chests must be coded into the engine.
openend chests are not available, but music is already supoorted to some degree.

a texture pack only changes the appearance of nodes and it can only change existing graphics.
the dirt node for example uses the same texture on all sides. it is not possible to apply diffent textures to the top and bottom unless you make a mod that overides the default dirt node with a custom one that uses multiple textures on different sides.

to make a texture pack, just put the images you want to use (with the same aspect ratio as the original) into a folder and rename them to the same names as the default textures.
then select that texture pack in-game via the menu and you have new textures.

also extracting images from a movie to use them in minetest is not possible and even if it was, it would be illegal because movies are usually copyrighted.
but you can search for minecraft texture packs that you like and ask for help to make them compatible with minetest.

Return to Minetest Texture Packs