Convert MC resource/texture packs to Minetest!

sofar

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: Convert MC resource/texture packs to Minetest!

by sofar » Fri Nov 04, 2016 21:36

amadin wrote:What version number of minecraft script support?

When I wrote this the latest MC version out was 1.8. I haven't tested 1.10, but I don't think there were any major changes in 1.9. Chances are, they all work fine.

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:15

default_grass_(1,2,3,4,5).png have grass with identical height. Is possible move textures default_grass_(1,2,3,4).png little down?

sofar

by sofar » Tue Dec 27, 2016 04:10

amadin wrote:default_grass_(1,2,3,4,5).png have grass with identical height. Is possible move textures default_grass_(1,2,3,4).png little down?

That would break texture packs that provide textures that are of increasing length.

captpete

by captpete » Sat Feb 18, 2017 17:10

IGNORE - found the problem, operator error in not reading that "unzip" needs to be in the path.

I just tried this out and got the following error:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
$ NOGUI=1 ./mcresconvert.sh "Pixel Perfection V3.6.zip"
Found: PixelPerfectionV36
   - File: Pixel Perfection V3.6.zip
checkdir:  cannot create extraction directory: /home/Peter/.minetest/textures/PixelPerfectionV36/_z

Then i did an ls:

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
$ ls -alR ~/.minetest/textures/PixelPerfectionV36
/home/Peter/.minetest/textures/PixelPerfectionV36:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Peter Peter 0 Feb 18 11:59 .
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Peter Peter 0 Feb 18 11:59 ..
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Peter Peter 0 Feb 18 11:59 _z

/home/Peter/.minetest/textures/PixelPerfectionV36/_z:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Peter Peter 0 Feb 18 11:59 .
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 Peter Peter 0 Feb 18 11:59 ..

Any help?

Mehdi35

GitHub: Stussy
IRC: ElMehdiBen
In-game: ElMehdiBen

by Mehdi35 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 22:05

Very very COOL !! :D
Like You Want My Signature :3
My Uploaded SKins:http://minetest.fensta.bplaced.net/#author=ElMehdiBen

sofar

by sofar » Mon Feb 20, 2017 23:54

I've updated PixelPerfection to v36, so if all you want is a new copy of it, just go here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14289

sofar

by sofar » Mon Feb 20, 2017 23:57

captpete wrote:checkdir: cannot create extraction directory: /home/Peter/.minetest/textures/PixelPerfectionV36/_z
Any help?

I don't even know what `checkdir` is, and I certainly don't think it's a linux thing.

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Tue Feb 21, 2017 01:10

sofar wrote:
captpete wrote:checkdir: cannot create extraction directory: /home/Peter/.minetest/textures/PixelPerfectionV36/_z
Any help?

I don't even know what `checkdir` is, and I certainly don't think it's a linux thing.

It's an unzip error

checkdir error cannot create. if you’re trying to unzip something and you’re getting a ‘checkdir error cannot create’ on Linux, check the error again:

Make sure that you have write permission on the folder you are trying to unzip to
Last edited by TumeniNodes on Tue Feb 21, 2017 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Flick?... Flick who?

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Tue Feb 21, 2017 13:12

I've been trying out mcresconvert and it is an excellent tool. Thank you for making bridging all that good stuff from MC over to MT possible.

I wonder if mese tools could be handled in the script even if they don't exist in MC. I've noticed that Minetest do not make use of gold tools (which is apt, who makes soft metal tools anyway?), but MC does. Therefore these set of tools goes unused in conversion, right?

How about using the gold tools as mese tools then? The often warm goldish yellow of the MT gold tools could be selectively hue shifted to a colder one matching the original mese color. It would have to be only a yellowish range of the color spectrum that would shift, but Imagemagick should be able to handle that.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

spyjoshx

In-game: spyjoshx

by spyjoshx » Thu Mar 23, 2017 15:30

I love the way this works!! I successfully converted my default MC resources and they seem to be working well. The only problem is, resources like granite, andesite, diorite, crafting table, etc. are not displaying in wuzzy's MineClone2 game. I'm assuming the problem is that the converted textures are not named correctly to work in wuzzy's subgame. Any suggestions on how I might fix this?

sofar

by sofar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 15:50

spyjoshx wrote:I love the way this works!! I successfully converted my default MC resources and they seem to be working well. The only problem is, resources like granite, andesite, diorite, crafting table, etc. are not displaying in wuzzy's MineClone2 game. I'm assuming the problem is that the converted textures are not named correctly to work in wuzzy's subgame. Any suggestions on how I might fix this?

The converter is tailored to minetest_game, not mineclone2. I would need to know the name of the textures that mineclone2 uses for granite etc, and then they could be added to the translation tables. Patching it is relatively simple for most textures, since it is just a rename.

texmex

by texmex » Fri Mar 24, 2017 13:39

sofar wrote:The converter is tailored to minetest_game, not mineclone2. I would need to know the name of the textures that mineclone2 uses for granite etc, and then they could be added to the translation tables. Patching it is relatively simple for most textures, since it is just a rename.

What about enabling alternative translation tables? mcresconvert could use a default table but pull in other ones depending on a flag correlating to the table's name.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

sofar

by sofar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 16:26

texmex wrote:What about enabling alternative translation tables? mcresconvert could use a default table but pull in other ones depending on a flag correlating to the table's name.

Ideally, we convert the texture pack to as many mods and subgames without any flags, so, if we want to support mineclone, we should go that route first.

texmex

by texmex » Fri Mar 24, 2017 22:36

Cool.

You mean to create duplicate texture files so that they'll fit naming, when the namings diverge? Perhaps that's not a real issue though.

sofar

by sofar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 05:27

texmex wrote:You mean to create duplicate texture files so that they'll fit naming, when the namings diverge? Perhaps that's not a real issue though.

texture packs aren't large enough for this to be a problem. So yes.

Previous

Return to Minetest Texture Packs