Collisionboxes rotate based upon where mob is looking?

ph8jPf9M

GitHub: 22i

Collisionboxes rotate based upon where mob is looking?

by ph8jPf9M » Sat Dec 03, 2016 21:22

is it possible for the collisionboxes to rotate with the mobs-mobs redo? Right now the collision box is static and does not change ever no matter in what direction mob is facing. Collision box is either smaller than the mob or too big to cover most of the mob.

Here is a mob that we can see has a small collisionbox which does not include its head and tail -when this mob is facing a tree his head will always be hidden inside the tree.

Here is a mob with huge collisionbox just to stop the mob from colliding into trees and stuff but here comes another problem collisionbox is to big also big eyesore. and when mob is walking on the edge of cliff it looks like he is levitating.

What i think should fix this is that collision boxes should rotate with the mobs. So depending where mob is facing there should also be its collision box. And if possible to make collisionbox of mobs more fixed like this wooden fence is.

Christian9

In-game: Christian9

Re: Collisionboxes rotate based upon where mob is looking?

by Christian9 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 04:18

Has of yet, NO
"I dreamed of becoming a scientist, in general, and a paleontologist, in particular, ever since the Tyrannosaurus skeleton awed and scared me" - Steven Jay Gould

My Deviantart Page
My Website

Return to Modding Discussion