Minecraft-like animated creeper 3D model? [SOLVED]

xeranas

GitHub: xeranas

Minecraft-like animated creeper 3D model? [SOLVED]

by xeranas » Tue Jan 10, 2017 07:13

Hello,

Does anyone know if there exist 3d animated creeper model? The only model I manage to find was from MineClone subgame creatures_creeper.x but according to creeper.lua model does not have animation or it just not defined. I do not have 3d modeling expierence. Maybe there already exist other creeper mod with working 3d model?
Last edited by xeranas on Wed Jan 11, 2017 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: Minecraft-like animated creeper 3D model?

by octacian » Tue Jan 10, 2017 15:37

I don't know of anything else that does have a creeper model. Seriously, why do people want to copy Minecraft so much? The worst part of MC is the monsters and witchcraft.
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 16:16

octacian wrote:Seriously, why do people want to copy Minecraft so much?

Because they just want MC for free, basically.
Flick?... Flick who?

burli

by burli » Tue Jan 10, 2017 16:47

Because a lot of people like monsters and witchcraft? Because monsters and witchcraft are common parts of lots of fantasy games, movies and novels?

They don't have to be default, but they should be available for those who wants them

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 19:04

burli wrote:Because a lot of people like monsters and witchcraft? Because monsters and witchcraft are common parts of lots of fantasy games, movies and novels?

They don't have to be default, but they should be available for those who wants them

I think what octacian means is... they want exact-ish copies of MC things. Because they want it to be what I said... a "free" Minecraft with identical everything, and very little (if any) compromise.

Someone could design something similar to the creeper... and people would still be looking for and/or wanting, the same creeper from MC.
Flick?... Flick who?

burli

by burli » Tue Jan 10, 2017 19:25

TumeniNodes wrote: I think what octacian means is...

I know what he means. But why not? Ok, I also don't want a one to one copy, but Minecraft has lots of good gameplay features and it will be hard to find unique AND good features for Minetest.

And to be honest: I like the creeper too :-)

Morn76

GitHub: mdoege

by Morn76 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 20:52

My Stampy subgame has an animated creeper (animation was done by Pavel_S):

https://github.com/mdoege/stampy_game/blob/master/mods/mobs/models/creeper.x

xeranas

by xeranas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 21:14

Morn76 wrote:My Stampy subgame has an animated creeper (animation was done by Pavel_S):

https://github.com/mdoege/stampy_game/blob/master/mods/mobs/models/creeper.x

Just what I looking for! Big thanks :)

Morn76

by Morn76 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 21:58

xeranas wrote:Just what I looking for! Big thanks :)

Great! Also, please note I'm scaling the model down a bit in my Lua code (with "visual_size = {x=.75, y=.75, z=.75},") because the model was a bit too tall and I did not want to mess with it in Blender.

Maybe you can use the skeleton and villager models too? Looks like you already have zombies, spiders, rabbits etc. added to MineClone on Github. Also note I have a pretty terrible looking guardian (based on the slimes mod) in my ocean mod. :-)

xeranas

by xeranas » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:58

Morn76 wrote:Maybe you can use the skeleton and villager models too?

Yes, your subgame have lots of useful material which I planing to review. I will do my best to properly credit material from you subgame. Currently brushing some dust from old subgame and see how its plays with now days mods API's.

Morn76

by Morn76 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 13:33

xeranas wrote:Yes, your subgame have lots of useful material which I planing to review. I will do my best to properly credit material from you subgame. Currently brushing some dust from old subgame and see how its plays with now days mods API's.

Maybe you should fork my Stampy game and add to that. It's more modern than MineClone, e.g. it supports mapgen v7 and the new wood types (although slabs/doors/gates are not yet available in the new wood colors).

Stampy game also has quite a few more subtle changes (especially for playing MC-like mini-games), e.g. grass spreads from other grass nodes only, water destroys torches and grass/flowers, beds check for monsters nearby before you can sleep, arrows leave a trail in the air, torches emit soot particles, gates can be triggered by mesecons signals, clock is based on compass, light levels have been changed to allow indoor farming, you can dye sheep and ride pigs with saddles (which can be found in jungle temples or desert temples, the latter of which are a variation of the pyramids mod with easier gameplay), tnt has flying entity TNT, boats have been redone quite a bit and can ride MC-style boat elevators, wool has light blue wool, mg (villages) are from Nore's lua mapgen, Mesecons has some changes to make signal propagation more MC-like, carts and item frames can be destroyed by arrows, fishing has been redone quite a bit, built-in item has bouncy items and better item transport in water and inside solid blocks, highlandpools has lava lakes, the dispenser, dropper and hopper are custom, signs uses proportional fonts, weather is an amalgam of different weather mods by different people, snowballs is a variation of farorb (ender pearls), ocean is based on pyramids (which has also been customized), jungle/sponge/lilypad/shears are custom, nether pregenerates a fairly big Nether the first time you use the portal, ravines is based on sample code from the MT wiki, startpp is for activating pressure plates that have been created with WorldEdit, fixdoors solves the double door problem when importing MC schematics.

Return to Modding Discussion