Post your mod requests/ideas here

ArguablySane

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by ArguablySane » Fri Sep 04, 2015 18:45

Christian9 wrote:
Samson1 wrote:A dog that can do every thing that I dog can do in Minecraft, and That sports the Minecraft dog texture

I could do that but it would take some doing however the MC texture could lead to copyright issues so i might have to make it a bit different

Just make it accept textures in a compatible format. If people want to do evil, horrible acts of violence against poor defenceless Microsoft by illegally copying the texture, then it's not your fault.
The above post and any ideas expressed therein are released to the public domain under a Creative Commons CC0 license.

NoxEranya

More marble/granite

by NoxEranya » Thu Sep 17, 2015 04:07

Random suggestion from a build im working on: A base marble, that is dyable according to unified dyes. So you could have a normal marble node, and dye it black, and have black amrble.. or blue, or any other texture. If possible there could even be a dark and light variant, where the 'light' would be a base white with a veined color, or a 'dark' with black/white veins and a base color. Just a thought.

Exilyth

by Exilyth » Thu Sep 17, 2015 23:52

unicode: place a special block, open a formspec on the block, input a unicode codepoint, press a button and the block displays a texture of the unicode symbol for that code point. Full unicode support requires a HUGE amount of textures (or unicode support in the text rendering engine subsystem).

respawn_with_random_stuff: like [initial_stuff], but gives you random tools & items every time you respawn (ofc. [bones] would have to be disabled). The list of items and propabilities should be set by the user/admin.

mod_tutorial: a tutorial for modders. Should contain examples of defining nodes, crafting recipes, food items, ... and should have well documented, clean code (which should also explain why something is done a certain way).

kitchen_sink: So we can have a large list of features ... and the [kitchen_sink] ;)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Sep 27, 2015 04:48

Exilyth wrote:mod_tutorial: a tutorial for modders. Should contain examples of defining nodes, crafting recipes, food items, ... and should have well documented, clean code (which should also explain why something is done a certain way).

There are some good tutorials out there. The lua_api.txt file is also quite helpful.

Exilyth wrote:kitchen_sink: So we can have a large list of features ... and the [kitchen_sink] ;)

Take a look at homedecor. It has quite a lot of decorative furniture nodes.
A list of my mods can be found here.

phsycoslasher2000

In-game: lolman

by phsycoslasher2000 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 20:03

ive got an idea for a mod. all the flags ever created! including up to the nazi flag and the russian sickle and hammer flag

phsycoslasher2000

In-game: lolman

by phsycoslasher2000 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 21:07

also make a mod with nukes and atomic bombs that look like the real thing and so you can't grief with them there are areas that you make called nuclear testing grounds

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Mon Oct 05, 2015 17:20

phsycoslasher2000 wrote:also make a mod with nukes and atomic bombs that look like the real thing and so you can't grief with them there are areas that you make called nuclear testing grounds

as far as l know, nuclear explosions destroy in a radius bigger than 60 km, so if you lit one, the whole world would be gone (except the places which are protected).

minetestcr

by minetestcr » Mon Oct 05, 2015 19:28

Hello!
I need some ideas. I have a white block that I created to make walls (attached image), and in some cases, one side of the wall is white and the other red (or blue, or yellow, etc.). Sometimes there might be three colors on one wall block.
What is the best way to do this:
a) create one node for each case: white - yellow, white-red, white-blue, etc.
b) create a mod with thin color blocks and place them over the walls to "paint it"
c) any other idea?
d) or maybe there is already a mod to do something like this?

thanks!
Attachments
Selection_084.png
white wall blocks
Selection_084.png (419.46 KiB) Viewed 3784 times

kaadmy

GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 19:36

I would probably just register nodes of every combination that you would need.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

swordpaint12

In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

"Re: I need some ideas..." "Horse Colors" "Weather"

by swordpaint12 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 15:26

@minetestcr:

There is a paint roller mod I had at one point but I never figured out how to launch a world with it. Maybe create a variant of that which uses dyes and water to create paint. Or figure out how to take the stain function out of mydeck.

Also, I would like to see more colors of horses. I found the KPGmobs add-on for mobs redo but the colors left something to be desired. For a weather mod, I'd like to see one that simply "stains" the screen (like when you're under water or lava) and drops snow, ash, and water.
Winter Cumicles
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.
Fruit!

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

Re: "Re: I need some ideas..." "Horse Colors" "Weather"

by Don » Tue Oct 06, 2015 17:07

swordpaint12 wrote:@minetestcr:

There is a paint roller mod I had at one point but I never figured out how to launch a world with it. Maybe create a variant of that which uses dyes and water to create paint. Or figure out how to take the stain function out of mydeck.

In mydeck I made o node for each color. When you use a stain brush all it does is replaces the node with the colored one.
In mystreets modpack there is a mod called mypaint. I started it but never got very far. It might be a good base to make a paint mod of your own.
https://github.com/DonBatman/mystreets_mp
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

minetestcr

by minetestcr » Tue Oct 06, 2015 17:58

thank you all, I'm gonna try your ideas, I will let you know how it goes

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Tue Oct 06, 2015 18:01

you can use the code from there if you want
https://github.com/HybridDog/colour_carrier
it adds an object which can be coloured by sending a digiline signal to the node "carrying" it

Glorfindel

GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Thu Oct 08, 2015 21:21

Hybrid Dog wrote:
phsycoslasher2000 wrote:also make a mod with nukes and atomic bombs that look like the real thing and so you can't grief with them there are areas that you make called nuclear testing grounds

as far as l know, nuclear explosions destroy in a radius bigger than 60 km, so if you lit one, the whole world would be gone (except the places which are protected).

That could be kind of cool... XD
==================================================================
I have a couple ideas:
  • Recycler: Recycles things into that which they where made out of, maybe not all of the items so you wouldn't get the same stuff back as composed the item you put into it.
  • Scythe/Sickle: Only does damage to plants, this would be useful for harvesting anything that you grow in hoed dirt.
    I have the recipe all figured out for this one.
    [ ] [ ] [ ]
    [x][x][ ]
    [ ] [s][ ]
    Where x={wood block, trunk, stone, steel ingot, mese crystal, diamond crystal, crystal ingot} And s={stick}
  • This one is more of an addition to an existing animal modpack, but it would be nice if there were tigers in the jungles, you could go hunting them for "leather" to make bags out of

Don

GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Thu Oct 08, 2015 21:51

Love the tiger mob idea.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

ckim

In-game: ckim

by ckim » Fri Oct 09, 2015 13:31

metro
firefly
Geocentric world
Season

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Thu Oct 15, 2015 03:56

phsycoslasher2000 wrote:ive got an idea for a mod. all the flags ever created! including up to the nazi flag and the russian sickle and hammer flag

There is a flag(s?) mod out there that adds a lot of flags. Not all, but plenty. It's even installed on some servers. As to the nazi flag - that would be problematic for German players as it's illegal here to use it except for documentary purposes. While that law may be stupid, it wouldn't be particulary...bright...to use such a flag. It really does not stand for something good.

swordpaint12 wrote:There is a paint roller mod I had at one point but I never figured out how to launch a world with it. Maybe create a variant of that which uses dyes and water to create paint. Or figure out how to take the stain function out of mydeck.

My colormachine also comes with a paint roller (which relies on the colormachine to work).
A list of my mods can be found here.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Thu Oct 15, 2015 15:53

Sokomine wrote:
phsycoslasher2000 wrote:ive got an idea for a mod. all the flags ever created! including up to the nazi flag and the russian sickle and hammer flag

There is a flag(s?) mod out there that adds a lot of flags. Not all, but plenty. It's even installed on some servers. As to the nazi flag - that would be problematic for German players as it's illegal here to use it except for documentary purposes. While that law may be stupid, it wouldn't be particulary...bright...to use such a flag. It really does not stand for something good.

How about adding the points, then it's a symbol of luck.

swordpaint12

by swordpaint12 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:43

swordpaint12 wrote:There is a paint roller mod I had at one point but I never figured out how to launch a world with it. Maybe create a variant of that which uses dyes and water to create paint. Or figure out how to take the stain function out of mydeck.

My colormachine also comes with a paint roller (which relies on the colormachine to work).[/quote]
I've tried using your colormachine mod but it's really confusing. Is the roller able to paint any given block or just dyeable things? And how am I supposed to use unifieddyes with it? The window is cramped sometimes images are run over. It's really hard to make sense of.
Winter Cumicles
Yay for MT! No MC here!
Fruit!

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

saxyguy

by saxyguy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 18:50

I'm not sure if it already exists but a mod that creates a node that imitates a punch would be great

TheEpicJames

IRC: TheEpicJames
In-game: Block_Guy

by TheEpicJames » Wed Oct 21, 2015 02:45

A LESS LAG MOD LOL
I like PIE.
Pumpkin pie to be exact.
5b is a game.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Thu Oct 22, 2015 16:23

TheEpicJames wrote:A LESS LAG MOD LOL

l'm still not sure if it works, it should simulate a scheduler:
https://github.com/HybridDog/function_delayer
https://github.com/HybridDog/function_delayer/issues/1

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Thu Oct 22, 2015 16:27

saxyguy wrote:I'm not sure if it already exists but a mod that creates a node that imitates a punch would be great

the mod exists: simple_robots
the owner removed it, so the original version isn't available, but you can get the mod there:
https://github.com/HybridDog/simple_robots

saxyguy

by saxyguy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 20:58

Hybrid Dog wrote:the mod exists: simple_robots
the owner removed it, so the original version isn't available, but you can get the mod there:
https://github.com/HybridDog/simple_robots

Just what I was looking for, thank you :)

swordpaint12

by swordpaint12 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 14:55

All the mods to make an epic world.

First up, a mobs mod. Mobs Redo and attachments are great, but there needs to be more horsie colors. Also, cats and dogs need better skins and the cat needs a small and large wild counterpart. Easily tamed, too! And the ability to turn off violence, but still with the "violent" mobs. Like, ambient = true...

Second, the ultimate farming mod. Tons of crops. All the crops from Farming Plus, docfarming, jkfarming, and Crops, with Crop's watering model.

Next, Mediaeval mod... combines the great features from Castles ++, darkage, Rater'sMods, cottages, and a few things from grailtest and Adventuretest.:)

The trees mod from realtest, except with lots more types!

Npc mod that has LOTS of female and male skins. They would take up residence in spawned homes.

A weather mod with seasons and NO particles! Rain, ash, hail, snow, freezing rain... The screen would be "stained" with images to simulate each one. Preferably optical illusions to make it appear to be moving.

A story mod, with quests to follow. It never ends, because players are always writing more to go in it!

And, finally.... (drumroll please)... a good city, town, village, castle, etc spawning mod. Something that the NPCs would populate. And that would help with the quests!

I know, a bit unrealistic, but this is what I look for to make an awesome world... :)
Winter Cumicles
Yay for MT! No MC here!
Fruit!

Soudon

In-game: Soudon

by Soudon » Wed Oct 28, 2015 16:20

moved to questions
Last edited by Soudon on Wed Oct 28, 2015 18:08, edited 2 times in total.

swordpaint12

by swordpaint12 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 16:48

I may be mistaken, but I think that belongs in the modding questions, not the mod requests.
Winter Cumicles
Yay for MT! No MC here!
Fruit!

Soudon

In-game: Soudon

by Soudon » Wed Oct 28, 2015 18:07

Crap thought I was in questions.

Sorry Ill move over there

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 20:42

swordpaint: have you tried farming redo ? it has the majority of those crops inc. grapes, plus crops will still grow when you are far away from your farm area.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9019

AceWill

by AceWill » Thu Oct 29, 2015 19:10

I have a number of requests for enhancing Technic, either directly or with a modpack. Once I have a bit more time, I might try to make a few of these myself.

Mostly, I would lIke a way to isolate parts of a power network to provide more control over the distribution of energy. There's a few different ways to do this.

First, I would like a mesecon-operated cable for each voltage that can be switched on or off, allowing me to disable part of the network without needing to actually break the cable.

Next: Adjustable power distributor. I want something like the supply converter, except that it does not change the voltage. It should let you pick exactly how much power you want to transfer. Basically a machine that consumes x power from one direction, produces x power in the other direction, and needs to have a switching station on both sides.

Having cables that can be dyed different colors and will only connect to matching cables would be helpful.

While it's not really part of the same thread, a machine that can detect radiation levels would be nice.

Additionally, a few new machine upgrades in addition to the battery and logic circuit: one that increases the rate at which the machine operates (at the cost of higher energy consumption), one that makes the machine more efficent and lowers the energy consumption, and one that lets you temporarily deactivate a machine (either manually or with mesecons) without needing to actually unplug it.

And some new machines: conduit layer
Like a quarry, but only digs a 1x1 hole of a specified distance either straight down or straight forwards. If given cables as input, it will place a length of cable through the hole it just dug.

Ground penetrating radar: similar to the prospector, but much more powerful. Will scan the ground directly underneath it in a specified region, and tells the user how much of each ore or mineral is present. This is a powered machine, not a handheld one.

Power tools: power tap
A rechargeable version of the rubber tap used to extract latex. At the very least, I want a more durable one.

PreviousNext

Return to Modding Discussion