Post your mod requests/ideas here

BrunoMine

GitHub: BrunoMine

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by BrunoMine » Wed Feb 01, 2017 21:42

Is that a question. (Or an request if it does not exist).
I need a mod that add energy (electricity?) for work. The goal is to make the player create methods to get energy.
Is there any mod that works focused on it? This would be interesting to standardize this feature of the game.

I know there is already the mesecons mod but it is not very realistic (does a torch create energy out of nothing?). Technic also does not seem consistent, besides being too vast, I do not want to be forced to add a lot of items for this.

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Feb 02, 2017 08:04

(btw mesecons even allow switches and gates to create electricity.........lol)

BTW I think a mod that would be more popular and maybe even find a place in MT game would be a lightweight mod that creates different type of energy than "electricity".......,mesecons is cool but too heavy and not too new and idea)

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:08

BrunoMine wrote:Is that a question. (Or an request if it does not exist).
I need a mod that add energy (electricity?) for work. The goal is to make the player create methods to get energy.
Is there any mod that works focused on it? This would be interesting to standardize this feature of the game.

I know there is already the mesecons mod but it is not very realistic (does a torch create energy out of nothing?). Technic also does not seem consistent, besides being too vast, I do not want to be forced to add a lot of items for this.

There's a wip mod called automation that has a steam engine. The enginge requires lava to boil water. The water is finite an vaporize, the lava is infinite and never cools. There's also a water pump, so you could actually create an infinite machine, but if you disable the pump or modify it somehow you could have more realistic energy.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

DS-minetest

GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

by DS-minetest » Thu Feb 02, 2017 16:19

Perhaps the whole minetest-mod-mesecons modpack together is not very lightweight but you can enable just some of it's mods. Also mesecons is realistic, Jeija already used it in real life: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5369. And mesecons is more about logic than power, the switches and torches are ok.
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.

ABJ

by ABJ » Fri Feb 03, 2017 09:43

Nope. It's far from realistic. The power plants are just for show. In any case, it's a copy of MC's idea, and is anyway not elegant enough for MTG. No hard feelings. It's awesome, but there can exist an awesomer thing.

texmex

by texmex » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:07

As I said to BrunoMine, there needs to be a bottom layer dealing with finite energy in MT:

I imagine it as an Energy API to consolidate how energy should work in MT in a uniform way, then modular machinic mods with well-defined usecases on top of that.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

ABJ

by ABJ » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:12

smthn mc doesn't have in vanilla

Moon

GitHub: Moon
IRC: Moon
In-game: Diamondlady65 Moon

by Moon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 20:32

Is it possible to make a mod where there are different elements? Because I had this idea where there are different elements; water, normal, lava, and air. Like, if you're water you can breathe under water, and the leader puts water sources wherever that person walks. The leader is the first person to choose to be that element.

The lava leaders put lava wherever they walk, too; but that the lava people have noclip without flying. Like, they can't fly above ground, but they can still go up and down underground. So they can practically fly underground. The Lava people can't go to high either, like, for example, if they go higher than fifty, they start to loose life, too. And that, of course, the lava people don't get hurt by lava or fire, but they DO get hurt by water instead.

If you're Air you can fly, but don't have noclip. And you can't go lower than sea level, if you do, you start to lose one life at a time, even when you are only partly under sea level. Maybe that they can go invisible to the other kinds of people. MAYBE.

The water people will be able to breathe under water. They might have to like, have a similar mechanism, that there is normally for being under water. Just, for them its being on land. That mechanism doesn't happen if they're touching water.

The normal people are just normal.

The way to tell what kind you are is like this: when you spawn in that world, you get to choose what kind you are' water, lava, normal, or air. And depending on what they chose, they'll magically teleport to that capital.

Please make if you can, or want to.

Moon

GitHub: Moon
IRC: Moon
In-game: Diamondlady65 Moon

by Moon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 20:35

Maybe that depending on what kind you are, the different skins you can have are different.

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Fri Feb 03, 2017 23:49

Moon wrote:Is it possible to make a mod where there are different elements? Because I had this idea where there are different elements; water, normal, lava, and air. Like, if you're water you can breathe under water, and the leader puts water sources wherever that person walks. The leader is the first person to choose to be that element.

The lava leaders put lava wherever they walk, too; but that the lava people have noclip without flying. Like, they can't fly above ground, but they can still go up and down underground. So they can practically fly underground. The Lava people can't go to high either, like, for example, if they go higher than fifty, they start to loose life, too. And that, of course, the lava people don't get hurt by lava or fire, but they DO get hurt by water instead.

If you're Air you can fly, but don't have noclip. And you can't go lower than sea level, if you do, you start to lose one life at a time, even when you are only partly under sea level. Maybe that they can go invisible to the other kinds of people. MAYBE.

The water people will be able to breathe under water. They might have to like, have a similar mechanism, that there is normally for being under water. Just, for them its being on land. That mechanism doesn't happen if they're touching water.

The normal people are just normal.

The way to tell what kind you are is like this: when you spawn in that world, you get to choose what kind you are' water, lava, normal, or air. And depending on what they chose, they'll magically teleport to that capital.

Please make if you can, or want to.

Exists..., it's called creative mode "P just kidding....

It all sounds like a really cool idea.
Flick?... Flick who?

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Sat Feb 04, 2017 05:02

Wouldn't this be so cool? <warning: MC feature wish>

Earth Map
Flick?... Flick who?

Chibi ghost

In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Sat Feb 04, 2017 17:44

is there a working water well mod out there I have tried looking but without success

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Thu Feb 09, 2017 09:45

TumeniNodes, l think in minetest there's a mod for the real moon, not earth.

TumeniNodes

Re:

by TumeniNodes » Thu Feb 09, 2017 16:53

Hybrid Dog wrote:TumeniNodes, l think in minetest there's a mod for the real moon, not earth.

That would be cool if there is because, how ever it has been done, might also be able to be used to do the earth.

Alexa, find Moon Map.....

.... Alexa?

.... ALEXA!!!!!
Flick?... Flick who?

ABJ

by ABJ » Thu Feb 09, 2017 18:21

Who is Alexa?

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Thu Feb 09, 2017 18:54

Flick?... Flick who?

texmex

by texmex » Wed Feb 22, 2017 09:08

What if you had dreams when sleeping in the bed instead of just skipping night? You find yourself somewhere deep down underground, where the mese is plenty but the physics weird. So you frantically start to mine away only to be dragged back to the reality of waking up, and that huge amount of mese crystals you collected were just a dream. But then why is there a small mese fragment in your pocket now? o_O

ABJ

by ABJ » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:10

That is so cool.
But for a game that can't have dimensions, IDK........

B

texmex

by texmex » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:22

Meh, just create a cave in a bottom corner of the world, then teleport player to it. Optionally fill it back up with stone afterwards or if the dream is supposed to be continued later, leave it be. Then teleport back in 10 seconds or so.

Nightmares could use the nether or hell mod. The vignette mod would be useful here too. In a multiplayer game would either teleport players to the same dream cave, or they could get one each. Perhaps there could be a small challenge that the players would have to complete together to be able to wake up.

muhdnurhidayat

GitHub: MuhdNurHidayat
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

[Request] Modified craftguide or craft_guide for tutorial us

by muhdnurhidayat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 07:28

I want to request for a modified craftguide or craft_guide for use with tutorial building and tutorial stuff in-game.

I know that we have craft_guide and craftguide, also the "crafting guide" inside Unified Inventory but what they do is load up a formspec for that player to view any item's crafting/cooking recipe.

I want to request for a craft guide that will allow the owner of the guide to define what item should be displaying the craft/cook recipe. This means other player will only able to see that item's recipe on the guide and can't change it. It would also be nice if text like "Click the sign to view crafting/mixing/cooking guide of <something>" would appear on hovering. As I said, it's for use with tutorial building and tutorial stuff, to teach players, along with other explanation being displayed separately using signs / display_lib's poster (those are stuffs like cook time, what is the uses of certain blocks, how many uses of tools, etc. that should NOT be included with the mod as it varies greatly)

There are at least 6 non-public servers and 1 of 3 public servers I'm playing on that have tutorial building, and they need this kind of mod. For now, we use alternative method that is displaying the craft guide using itemframes or shared locked chest. For itemframes, it causes lag when too many guides are created as each itemframe creates entity/object and we need at least 10 itemframes each guide, 9 for the grids and 1 for output. For the shared locked chest, it would require us to manually arrange the blocks inside it.

The alternative way that we are using right now is shown in the spoilers, those would get replaced with the requested mod if someone takes time to make it. Do note that the images in spoiler are recreated in singleplayer, but that's how or what we are using on the 7 servers having tutorial building right now.
+ Display with itemframe

+ Display with shared locked chest

I myself tried to look at some other codes and tried writing it, but it's quite hard considering I don't have any experience with Lua codes, and considering Android hates multitasking and keeps killing some app when too many apps are opened (My laptop has not fixed yet because I don't have enough money to even eat, leave alone get it repaired.).

It's recommended to reply this post if you want to make it so that no other player would make it at same time, or so that the other player could collaborate with you...
I'm (slowly) translating mods with intllib and Minetest to Malay without a laptop. I play Minetest on 2GB RAM Android 5.1 phone with external keyboard & mouse. I speak Malay, Mandarin, English and Japanese.
I play as muhdnurhidayat in IhrFussel's Server (mod), FREE PIZZA SERVER !!, VanessaE's Basic-plus Server, Dark Lands Survival, Xanadu and HOMETOWN.

DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKES I DID. -- ABJ

sofar

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Request] Modified craftguide or craft_guide for tutoria

by sofar » Sun Feb 26, 2017 07:44

muhdnurhidayat wrote:For now, we use alternative method that is displaying the craft guide using itemframes or shared locked chest. For itemframes, it causes lag when too many guides are created as each itemframe creates entity/object and we need at least 10 itemframes each guide, 9 for the grids and 1 for output.

You can solve this problem by switching to my entity-free `frame` mod which offers itemframe support for arbitrary nodes and craftitems:

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16585&hilit=frame

muhdnurhidayat

GitHub: MuhdNurHidayat
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

Re: [Request] Modified craftguide or craft_guide for tutoria

by muhdnurhidayat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 08:20

sofar wrote:
muhdnurhidayat wrote:For now, we use alternative method that is displaying the craft guide using itemframes or shared locked chest. For itemframes, it causes lag when too many guides are created as each itemframe creates entity/object and we need at least 10 itemframes each guide, 9 for the grids and 1 for output.

You can solve this problem by switching to my entity-free `frame` mod which offers itemframe support for arbitrary nodes and craftitems:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16585&hilit=frame

Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't know there is existed entity-free itemframe... I'll try that too...

When someone did make mod for tutorial-use craft guide, I'll still be using itemframe for displaying some items, they won't get abandoned.
I'm (slowly) translating mods with intllib and Minetest to Malay without a laptop. I play Minetest on 2GB RAM Android 5.1 phone with external keyboard & mouse. I speak Malay, Mandarin, English and Japanese.
I play as muhdnurhidayat in IhrFussel's Server (mod), FREE PIZZA SERVER !!, VanessaE's Basic-plus Server, Dark Lands Survival, Xanadu and HOMETOWN.

DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKES I DID. -- ABJ

BrunoMine

GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Tue Feb 28, 2017 15:33

I'm searching for mods for utensils. I'm not very active in the forum because I not speak english correctly (obviously). If anyone can help me, I appreciate it.
I do not want purely decorative mods (but if you find it very well done, no problem).
It is important that they be well defined and simple mods (avoiding many items without focus and/or complex)
I have already found some good examples:
* vines
* compost
* drinks
* dice

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Tue Feb 28, 2017 21:14

BrunoMine, how about this?:

[Modpack] mods I use [akomfort]

If you want to get or update the modpack, you can use this command (recommended):
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
$ curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HybridDog/miscellaneous/master/txt/akomfort_modpack/modpack_dl.sh | bash

The modpack is then put into your current folder.

About this:

This modpack consists of the mods I personally use for almost every world.
They imo load quickly and are useful for more convenient playing and developing mods.

bookmarks: adds teleportation station chatcommands (/go, /listgo etc.)
#builtin_item: my version of the builtin_item mod, it adds features to dropped items
item_drop: my version of the item_drops mod, it makes player automatically pick up dropped items
cave_lighting: command to light dark places with torches automatically
chatcommand_delays: If a chat command takes long, tell how much time it was
#command_tool: A tool which executes configured chatcommand(s) when clicking
drippingwater: Adds decorative visual and audible water and lava drops.
#falling_extras: Adds features to falling sand/gravel/etc. objects.
gbpinvisible: Adds the possibility to become invisible to secretly watch other players.
giveme_completion: makes the giveme much more convenient
linemaker: A tool with which you can make lines of nodes without placing each one manually
luacmd: Adds the lua chatcommand (a imo much better version than the one of worldedit)
#misstairs: Various small changes of default minetest and minetest_game, e.g. inconsistent papyrus heights
more_chatcommands: Adds convenient chatcommands, such as giveall.
#moss: Makes selected nodes become mossy when they are in water and near air and have non-mossy ones next them.
outgame_intervention: Automatically loads a file from the worldpath and executes it if present.
plantlike_leaves: Uses plantlike drawtype and degrotate for leaves nodes if enabled.
#replacer: My version of the replacer mod, it allows e.g. replacing a wall of nodes at once.
#rotten_papyrus: Makes papyri rot and dry if they can't grow.
#superpick: A tool which allows immediate digging and getting information about a position.
treecapitator: Automatically chop whole trees if digging one trunk
#unified_inventory: My version of the ui mod, it allows shift clicking to quickly trash items in creative mode.
wield3d: Shows the currently wielded item to other players.
#vector_extras: Adds more vector helper functions for mods
function_delayer: Kind of scheduler for mods, e.g. explosions

The information is relatively scarce, click the links for more information.
The mods use privileges, e.g. cave_lighting allows only privileged players to autolight caves.

texmex

by texmex » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:27

Mini chests would be cute, regular and locked.

texmex

by texmex » Thu Mar 02, 2017 19:27

water_drop. A mod that monitors items being placed in water and drops them back if they match a blacklist. Torches would be on that blacklist, along with other non-blocky nodes like ladders, rails and plants.

texmex

by texmex » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:25

A Raft-like mod/subgame. A bit like unternull but with hunger, temperature, thirst, weather and a real game progression mechanic.

Previous

Return to Modding Discussion